PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse Z-Start Pro for MX?

eastside 400
03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Im just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Z-start Pro for motocross racing. Ive been thinking of getting one for a while but im scared to spend that much and not like it. I really like the pro because of the clutch override at any time. Seems like the adjustability is really good too. I know that the rekluses must work since many people use them in GNCC but i havent heard much about MX with them. Im not sure when the pro came out but that might be why since the regular one doesnt allow for clutch override at all times. Anyone with expierence with the Pro i would greatly appreciate. Also has anyone tried out there 30day refund? i know they say they will refund your money but alot of products say that and then when you go to do it they wont let you. thanks

mc_racer
03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Will it be a good choice for you? I guess it depends on why you need it.
I use one in XC. I like that I can't stall the bike and it keeps my clutch hand from getting tired. The only time I pull the clutch lever is when I may be in the wrong gear, I just slip it a little to get the revs up. Otherwise, I don't use the clutch the entire race.
Also, if I get stuck I don't have to find neutral before I get off to pull it out. It will just sit there and idle in gear while I drag it out, then I jump back on and go.

d3ktrix
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Whats the reason you want it for MX? So you don't have to pull in the clutch to up/down shift?
I'm just curious.

On MX tracks I never really find my self in situations that the anti-stalling features of the Rekluse would help.
Only for things like the bike stalling coming into a turn using the rear brake u don't grab the clutch.

Though it would be really nice not to have to pull in the clutch to shift, would make me a lot faster. lol

wayfastwhitey69
03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
i find alot of people dont pull in the cluth when they shift. i never do when im racing

eastside 400
03-10-2009, 07:53 PM
yea i tend not to use the clutch and it tears trannies up pretty bad, and i also dont use my rear brake much because in some situations its hard to get the clutch lever pulled in time and this would eliminate that, plus it seems like it would work good through the turns, mostly is just the shifting and brake though

Simon MX49
03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I never used my clutch on my Yamaha in MX, but the 06-09 Honda's are known for blowing tranny's like nothing when you shift without the clutch.

I wouldn't think it would be very good for MX, but I can't personally say I would know