PDA

View Full Version : Frame,Arms,valve cover

450R_lover
03-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Pappy, i sent my frame and sub out today. I talked to you about it a couple days ago, GSG. I Also sent another box with houser arms, and my valve cover. It will be coming from:
Reynolds INC.
In Orleans, IN.

Frame & sub: GSG
Lower arms: Stealth Black
upper arms: Blue vein
valve cover: stealth black

and i got the arms and the valve cover partially sand blasted but it got dark on me. And the frame is blasted but you will probably wanna hit it again because it was gusseted afterwards.
let me know if you need anything else.
thanks
Garrett

Pappy
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I will be keeping an eye out for it!

450R_lover
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I decided to change it up a bit,

Frame: GSG
Lower arms: stealth
upper arms: GSG
valve cover: stealth
help you get rid of some more GSG :D
thanks

Pappy
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Everything arrived today. I will be starting on it tomorrow:)

450R_lover
03-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Sweet. let me know how far ya got on it today and if anything was a hassel. I'll pay more for you having to sand blast some... cause i know you probably did.
thanks paps

450R_lover
03-14-2009, 01:24 AM
any updates?

Pappy
03-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Nothing to update yet. The frame and all looked pretty good. Ill be working my way towards yoru stuff shortly...gotta get some white out of the way before i start on some of the candy colors but it all will be done:p

The only part that will be a hold up is the valve cover, it has to go to burn off, but can be shipped after the other parts are completed if needed.

looks like you had fun with the sandblaster:p

450R_lover
03-14-2009, 09:58 AM
haha, did i do a decent job on it? what'd you think about those welds? I had a buddy of mine at work weld them in, he welds every day so he does a decent job. And i figured the valve cover would have to get burnt off, thats fine charge me accordingly.

Now really, do you honestly think i had FUN with the sandblaster? lol

Pappy
03-14-2009, 10:41 AM
From what I saw walking past it, it looks ok to me. I will look closer when I get it hung up to plug holes etc.

LOL...most folks have no clue how much goes into just stripping the parts. I have an hour on your arms easily...but now they are stripped and in the oven, lowers anyway:p The biggest issue with trying to blast off pc is that it heats up and gets gummy. Then you have to really get aggresive with it and can ruin the profile of the metal surface. Ive had parts sent in here with holes blown in frame tubes etc.....not good:p

Thats why I take pc'd parts to a commercial stripper (They are a huge PC shop and friends of mine) They burn off teh parts and when I get them back, they are ready for me to go to work. Costs a little more but much less then buying a much bigger shop and the burn off oven($12k) As long as they can get through this bad economy I will stick with the processes I use, they treat me pretty good, well as good as they can.

450R_lover
03-14-2009, 11:03 AM
yeah, no matter how much air or how abrasive the material you use in the blaster, powder is a pain in the arse to get off. I think the burn off procedure is a great thing. I wish i had access to one. Your very fortunate. Hopefully the economy gets better very soon. Its hard on everyone..

And yes, ppl dont realize how much work is put into powder coating something. prepping the metal, masking off, and plugging holes is very maticulous and time consuming. I didnt realize it until i started doing it. If everyone just did a small part.. stripped, prepped, and masked they would have alot more respect for what you do.

Pappy
03-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Bahh, its a job like anything else:p And if I didnt have access to a burn off oven, I would be doing alot less work, there just isnt a way to do this work without one if your working with already coated parts.

I do get miff'd when someone wants me to do a part for $5 when I will have an hour into it not counting supplies, powder, electric to run the oven etc:p Some parts are very very very easy and I try and price them to help folks out, people could use someone else just as easily so I am grateful for those that support me etc. And I sort of enjoy doing it:p

450R_lover
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
it is a fun hobby. Just alot of work... And its hard to find someone that is as picky as me. lol So i gladly support you.

Pappy
03-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Well...it now be green and shiney:p

Mxjunkie
03-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Sweet color combo, reminds me of grave digger! :D

450R_lover
03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
thanks mxjunkie. Pappy, looks amazing. let me know a total with shipping and all... if you want to go ahead and ship frame and arms before the valve cover... thats fine. If its easier to wait then thats fine too. just let me know.
thanks
Garrett

Pappy
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I will ship all this stuff out on monday, and hopefully they will have the cover stripped and it will follow shortly

I dont remember what I qouted you on the frame and sub...hopefully you do:p (I thought it was like $125? since it was sent stripped)

Arms $55
Valve cover $15
Return shipping $53

Paypal is bkperformance@peoplepc.com

450R_lover
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
well.. you quoted me at $110. but if you want more ill send it. cause I dont know if it was blasted good or what not.. you tell me and i'll send the money right now

Pappy
03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Haha nope $110 is fine...I couldnt remember:p

She looks pretty snazzy:p

450R_lover
03-19-2009, 08:59 PM
alright ... you'll be gettin it here in a few. If i calculated right thats $233. my paypal addy is basketball_star2316@hotmail.com.

Pappy
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I dont have that many fingers or toes but sounds right;) :blah:

450R_lover
03-19-2009, 09:08 PM
alright, money sent. I'm gonna pm you my return address to my house. Cause im leaving Wednesday for a riding trip at Black Mountain in Kentucky. This way it will be at my humble of ode when i get back... :macho
who da man?... you da man lol

Pappy
03-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Not a problem bud...be safe and have fun!!!!

450R_lover
04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
hey paps, did you happen to get the valve cover done?
lmk
thanks
Garrett

Pappy
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Picked it up today as a matter of fact. They have two truck loads of my stuff burnt off but thier big compressor blew:p I blasted it this evening and will knock it right out for ya.

The compressor repair guy gets $75 an hour...I think I will give up pc work and start that:ermm: :p Also, make sure to pm me your addy, I iwll probably just run it to the PO and want to make sure I have it correct