PDA

View Full Version : XC Front Bumper

FISH ON!
03-09-2009, 05:10 PM
I need to find a front bumper that works a little better on the XC races. The one is the PIC does a super job keeping the radiator clean..... no issues there. The only problem as you can see is that it is a bit of a mud plow on those steep ditches. Is there anything out there a little better for our XC racing application? Send PICs if you have them.

Thanks.

Todd

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Zachs%20action%20photos/IMG_0943-1-1.jpg

bulldogfallon
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
How about a mesh screen like on a patio....Keep it tensioned away from the other grill

The flex should keep anything from sticking for too long??

Never tried, but thought is may be a good idea.

The lower amount of air flow should be an issue since the bumper was designed for a number plate

FISH ON!
03-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks Gary....... I was thinking of something that sits back closer to the radiator and maybe a little higher so that the wheels ride up and over without the bumper digging in and I could extend the skid plate up. Ideally it would hit the skid and ride right up versus digging in.

backinsaddle
03-10-2009, 08:26 PM
how about customizing the bumper you have? grind off the welds, move the bumper to a higher position and reweld.

or you could do like i did on my 450 and just wack a tree and push the bumper up and back, just like you're looking to do :D