PDA

View Full Version : Stupid fine

monkeyballs
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok well, I was on my way to work with my ex and I was stoped by the cops... I got fined for not having my g2's when I have my g1's. The fine is 325$. They did not put the right postal code and did not put the year of my quad. I was wondering how to get out of this. If I cant get out of it I will plea guilty with an explanation to lower the $. What can I do? ty

ae13291
03-09-2009, 05:38 PM
what state lets you ride your quad to work??:huh

Stoke88
03-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm wondering the same... I could only wish.

ae13291
03-09-2009, 05:49 PM
man if i left my quad outside, my quad would be gone in a couple hours or not even an hour

monkeyballs
03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Well I live in canada.. Not 2 far from sudbury. Its actualy a municipal bylaw that quads can ride on the road. But you need your g2's, g's or a b c d's.

Then wew.. I bet I could leave my quad out in my back yard with the key in it and no one would touch it.

So what do you guys think?

ae13291
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by monkeyballs
Well I live in canada.. Not 2 far from sudbury. Its actualy a municipal bylaw that quads can ride on the road. But you need your g2's, g's or a b c d's.

Then wew.. I bet I could leave my quad out in my back yard with the key in it and no one would touch it.

So what do you guys think?

i meant outside as in on the street or in a driveway. but i have no clue what g2's or g's or whatever those are. sorry i cant help ya

monkeyballs
03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
well my back yard is pretty much in the street. And even if I parked it on the street with my keys in it I bet it would stay there for a couple days then some one would take it for a joy ride and trash it. lol

Then g1's your first licence that alows you to ride with some one that as their full licence.. Then g2's its like your full licence but insurance is crazy high.. Then g's is your full licence.

Well ty for your time

sprayedgt
03-09-2009, 06:28 PM
When you say someone with you do you mean following you or riding on the same ATV as you? If it's the later, I think it's crazy that they would want you to ride in a way that the manufacturer says the machine is NOT designed for.

monkeyballs
03-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Ops, by some one ride with you.. The g1's is for cars not quads.

Like the g1 and g2's are stages that slowly build you up to your g licence (drivers licence), and its for a car.. But it also applys for a quad.. Then that is a verry good question. I wonder if they would let 2 ppl ride the quad if one had there g's and the other had their g1's, since it is illegal to double...

God_Bot
03-09-2009, 07:21 PM
So if you're required to ride with someone when you only have your g1 then how are you supposed to get your g2 when you can't double up to learn?

Guess I'm lucky, normal license at 16 includes motorcycles and quads. I drive my quad all the time in town, great for getting to class. Insurance is less than $200 a year with a few things on my record.

Maybe if you talk to the judge and ask him how to go about getting a license that will allow you to drive you're quad on your own? I got a 92 in a 75 last year and at court said I wanted to buy insurance for my quad this summer and they knocked it down to 79 so it wouldn't be on my record and it was only $20 instead of $150. Getting technical can be pretty iffy, and often times will make them look down on you and not budge.

monkeyballs
03-09-2009, 07:55 PM
You learn using a car. A quad is uhh I guess a secondary vehicle that may be used with the g2's. And yes you are lucky that you can ride around legaly at the age of 16.

What I finde stupid is that im having a hard ars time geting around on my quad when when they let 12 year olds get their skidoo licences and ride any sled regardless if its 30hp or 175hp sleds! Like how stupid is that!... And here I am 17 years old having trouble driving my quad around.

scuzz
03-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Licensing 12 year olds with skimobiles?

Wow, Canada and Illinois needs to hood up. In Ill. they are trying to make it illegal for *anyone* under 16 to ride and ATV *anywhere* in the state.

blankenship
03-10-2009, 10:13 AM
monkey balls there are bylaws that may protect you but if you were riding on the side of the road u are prolly gunna have to pay a fine no matter what i live in trenton ontario witch is by belleville i know u are allowed on some roads but u gave to have a g2 and like i said its only SOME roads

Snipe
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
The way I understand it is that you basicly have licsence like that of my state. You have what we call a permit you can only drive with someone that is a legal guardian 21 years or older in the passanger seat.

The way it works here your permit or G1 would only work for cars not for a atv or motorbike.

For my town we have a city ordinance for atv's. You must be 18 or older, have a full or adult licsence have a city permit purchased and have it insured. Of course you have to wear a helmet cant exceed certain speeds blah blah blah. I actually had this and drove my quad to work all the time but I stopped as its just excess money save my money and ride were its fun in the woods.

But your ticket is lagit, best bet wait till the court date and talk to the prosacuting attorney he might work something out or he might not if ya go to court ya get to pay court costs but it might be worth it to keep the ticket off your driving record and will keep your insurance cheaper.

monkeyballs
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I know for a fact that I am aloud to ride on that road if I had my g2's.. I am just trying to lower the fine or get rid of it. We are just about to make the decission on fighting it or not. I belive that we will fight it. Then by fight it I mean, to explain why I was forced to use my quad. From what I hear they have alot of sympathy for youth. And there is a good chance that the police officed does not even show up. And if she does not show up 2 times in a row then the charg is droped. Only thing that I have to loose is my time and gas money. But we need help finding good arguments. Thank you

bazmaster03
03-11-2009, 08:17 AM
lol monkeyballs id never have thought youd have gotten fined .... why didnt you take your tcat 1000 instead....lol

monkeyballs
03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Lmao, you dont know half of the story :P. Yeh, I did not feel like wreking 144, almost new studs and new carbides lol.

Snipe
03-11-2009, 09:24 PM
If its a city thing the cop dont have to show at least here in the states. Im sure it will be the same up there the city attorney will rep the cop, town and anything to do with the city. Best bet on keeping it off your insurance and record is to wait and talk to the prosocuting attorney.

Other than that its a city thing a big joke they can make it anyway they want.

Bryson#221
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ae13291
what state lets you ride your quad to work??:huh

No kidding!!! I'm moving to where you're living!!

monkeyballs
03-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Snipe, fortunatly for me if they dont show up to two trials its voided :D. Then how would I keep it off my record and insurance.. If I decide to plea guilty with reason the fine will not be lowered they will simply give me more time to pay it off. And I have the money to pay it, just its still 325$ I could be putting into my bike :P.
ty

They bryson hek, come on down! Ill give you a good tour, on the quad of course... lol Thought, once I have my g2's :-s. grr...

Ex907rider
03-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Ha, i understand you guys. Living here in a small town in Alaska.. we're allowed to ride anywhere... of course we only have one paved road.. HA. But as long as you're over 18, with a license, and a helmet, no probs. The chief of police allows the adults to ride with no helmet on the roads too.. but thats no fun if youre going off road anyway, and need the helmet lol...