PDA

View Full Version : chain tensioner

justen08
03-09-2009, 04:02 PM
if anybody knows of one or some rollers plz let me know if you have some and where to find them everytime i go to the creek and i get in water the chain slips off just when its submerged it does this and it rips the cv boot (very aggrivating):mad:

birdman7389
03-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm assuming you set your own chain tension first? Check your sprockets for damage, and run the chain a lil tighter if they are fine...
With the IRS, the suspension does not affect the chain tightness, so you should be able to get it dialed in.

justen08
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
yea after i ripped my boot i limped it back to the truck and tightened the chain more bout 1/2 inch play and crossed the creek again and did ok across and back didnt wanna drive it to much get sand in the boot and mess anything up ill try this and see what itll do thx for the info oh and btw its new front and rear sprokets and i checked them again to make sure they were good

justen08
03-09-2009, 08:49 PM
oh yea 1 more question my rear end it will squat down and it will come back up a lil but you have to pull the rear end up for the back end to come up all the way is that normal or should i tighten the shox up a lil