PDA

View Full Version : Walsh Flows Vs Gibson

suzukiracer3
03-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Whats up guys...I got an 05 Honda trx450r. Just put the entire thing together. Front end is walsh flow a arms, and fox shocks with dsc. For the rear I have the walsh EZ swing arm, with the fox podium rear. I have been getting a pushing problem with my front end. I tried setting the a arms more twitchy, and then i have the problem of it swaying down the straights. I am 200 pounds, and I am running 130 pounds for the shocks, so maybe my shocks are too soft and causing it to roll and push a bit?? A few of my buddies are running gibson a arms with the fox's and they love them. I am thinking of making the switch but, I always ran walsh, and i am just having trouble finding that sweet spot. I like them twitchy over lazy, but its taking me some time to get at that point. Any suggestions guys???????

thanks.

eastside 400
03-09-2009, 05:15 PM
what kind of front tires? whats your main chamber pressures, 130 is pretty low for the evol but that doesnt effect roll, if you have DSC try stiffening up the low speed(center adjuster) a little.

k265r
03-09-2009, 07:30 PM
i set my fox fronts @ 200 evol 50 main. how do you have your caster and camber set?

d3ktrix
03-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Excessive body roll can affect the push of the front end because the compressing of the shock/suspension causes bumper steer which lessens the camber of the wheel.

Also if your running some crappy front tires like RazrMX's you'll push like crazy.

suzukiracer3
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I went out today put more air in the chamber, and stiffend low speed, and it helped a great amount...thanks! it was still pushing... but I am running razor MX's in the front. so that most def may be my problem. i got them for free, so i figured ill use them up. any nice tire suggestions. I dont really mind if they are expensive as long as they hook up nicely. thanks for your time guys.

d3ktrix
03-09-2009, 11:18 PM
I just went from RazrMX's to Quadcross Pro's in the front. MASSIVE noticeable difference, its like im glued down, the Razrs where more like ski's.

The first time I hit the front brakes I was super surprised in the difference. My front end goes exactly where I expect it too, no more 4 wheel power slides threw turns.

I'm ditching the rear Razr's next, probably going for MXR6's.

suzukiracer3
03-09-2009, 11:30 PM
alright. i had those on my yamaha and i loved em, but i took a buddies advice that had these and i am disgusted by them. but they were free, so ill use them up and throw them in the garbage!! ill def give the quad cross's a shot. thank you man

d3ktrix
03-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Standard compound Razr's take forever to wear out. If you don't like them sell them for $50-60 on the forums, that is what I did.

eastside 400
03-10-2009, 09:11 AM
yea if they are the standard razr mx's that 100% your problem, thats y i asked that first. Go to rockymountain and get some razr cross fronts, last tire youll buy and rocky has the cheapest prices anywhere for them and free shipping! i like the kenda sticky lite fronts too

slosh13
03-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Maxxis razrcross fronts and yellow label razr mx rears here. Love the walsh setup to. Only downside to walsh is there is so much adjustments to the front ends, but get it dialed in it will handle like a dream

suzukiracer3
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Hey slosh. Yeah I always ran walsh and I loved it, but never on a honda. I think I have it dialed in, but its just not sticking to the ground. I will have to say its the tires. I am ordering them right now as we speak. Thank you for all your help.

suzukiracer3
03-14-2009, 12:20 PM
hello everyone. I changed the tires to the razr cross' and they are amazing. way better then my old tires. But the bike is still pushing. So I called up walsh, i wanted to start at point A. I just got a brand new walsh EZ swing arm with the fox podium, since i bought the shock i rode it maybe about 6 times, and the rear ride height lowered 1 1/2 inches. So my rear ride height was 6 inches and the front was 7 1.8. On the gas around turns my front end is barely touching the ground. Thats problem number 1. I will have to call Fox and get a stiffer spring, 225. I am 212 empty weight. My camber is over .5 inch on the left side, and 1/8th on right. Problem #2. And my caster is over 1nch and quarter on the left and 1 on right. So they are lazy. Walsh told me a good starting point is 7 screws out on the rear and 6 on the front for twitchy. And the shocks should be at 170-200 in the evol, and around 50 main. So i have a lot of work to do guys!!!

Ex_Rider43
03-14-2009, 01:13 PM
What do you mean by twitchy and lazy ? im sorry i speak french and thats the first time im hearing this.

suzukiracer3
03-14-2009, 03:02 PM
twitchy generally means when you move the handle bars the tires move quickly along with it. lazy means there is a little delay then they move. less responsive steering.