PDA

View Full Version : ice racing

hardcoreclown33
12-26-2002, 07:34 PM
well for all of u that live in the newengland area might want to know that they are ice racing at hamalton rod and gun club on the east brookfeild sturbridge line in ma i also believe that there will be ice racing somwere in ny well just some info and if any1 else knows of anywere that there will be ice racing in newengland please let me know thanx

4traxx
12-27-2002, 08:56 PM
I am interestedin racing a unstudded tire class there. have you raced there or any wher?

hardcoreclown33
12-27-2002, 09:01 PM
i watched the races i knew a couple of people who raced there unstuded class was prety big i know that they will start racing in jan. for more info go to a-1 parts and exesoiries in west brookfeild that get into it alot

660bigdaddy
12-28-2002, 07:34 PM
ice racing in western new york

Steve-O
12-28-2002, 10:14 PM
got a web addy? or phone # im interested

im in the lower hudson valley

660bigdaddy
12-30-2002, 05:26 AM
chorizo, click on the www. icon under my post. i know i'm done for the year. broke my tibia yesterday. a guy on a 400ex (figures) hit the snow back coming out of turn 4 and i plowed into him , braking the weight bearing bone in my right leg. man i wish ex's didn't bite back sooo hard. where is lower hudson? sounds like you are in the east?

Sparks425Ex
12-30-2002, 07:06 AM
Western New York huh? What is this place called? I live about 20-30 mins outside of syracuse. I must be close. Give me some more information.

Steve-O
12-30-2002, 07:45 AM
wow sad to head you breaking your leg, Ive been to a few ice races down here and have never seen anyone get hurt.

I live about an hour north of NYC this would be a hike for me.

660bigdaddy
12-30-2002, 10:30 AM
we are in portville ny, close to olean and the pa border.

MEL
12-31-2002, 08:46 AM
what the he!! did you say? broke your tib? how long you gonna be out? you better be back by 4/27/03. first race in fasset, pa. i thought you knew better than to mess with a little 400. haha. i hope it heals ok and talk to ya at the banquet.

NTPRacing#19
01-02-2003, 04:11 PM
i wanna know something that doesnt make sense to me. Why and how do you have a Unstudded class. i mean how the **** do you get goin i mean it must pretty boring on the ice. or do they race on snow?

660bigdaddy
01-02-2003, 04:29 PM
hey ntp, just went to your website and no ice pics. man 6" is thick enough to hold a train lol. let us know as soon as you get some pics. this cast really sucks. oh by the way mel, i'll be back !

NTPRacing#19
01-02-2003, 04:56 PM
yea i know im sorry about that im gettin the quad studded up this weekend and we are goin out for some ice racing so ill def have some pics this weeekend for all of you

muff
01-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
chorizo, click on the www. icon under my post. i know i'm done for the year. broke my tibia yesterday. a guy on a 400ex (figures) hit the snow back coming out of turn 4 and i plowed into him , braking the weight bearing bone in my right leg. man i wish ex's didn't bite back sooo hard. where is lower hudson? sounds like you are in the east?

wow that sucks man, I know exactly how you feel though, I am almost finished from recovering from my broken tibia, except I broke mine in half playing soccer and I got hairline fractures along my fibula, I got a rod stuck through the center of my bone instead of getting a cast on it, tuesday i'm goin to the docs and i'll be all better again

it seems like each day slowly goes by when you're injured when you're looking to do the stuff you use to, but once it's over you'll be amazed with what you were able to go through, you just need to find somethin to do...I ended up making a website

good luck with it

660bigdaddy
01-06-2003, 01:19 PM
that is some broken leg... nice job on the website. who is the guy getting the big air on the opening page? get well soon

muff
01-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
that is some broken leg... nice job on the website. who is the guy getting the big air on the opening page? get well soon

thanks, thats my friend josh, he's jacz400 on z400central, he's gonna hopefully sell his z and get a sweet 250r

Knight440
01-06-2003, 04:35 PM
ICE RACING..... Pete from sideways promotions is putting on some ice races every Sunday in Jan. and Feb. in Sturbridge, Ma at the Hamilton Rod and Gun club, ice and weather conditions permitting. They are AMA sanctioned events (but in no relation to NEATV-MX) and will follow AMA rules. Only a select few classes will be offered however due to the lack of time he can race. For now it looks like these will be the offered classes. 2 stroke open studded, 4 stroke open studded, Open Pro studded,Open un-studded, 90cc studded,90cc un -studded and 50 cc un-studded. If anyone has any questions feel free to e-mail Robb Leonard at or call 603-231-1692.

In case anyone wants to know