PDA

View Full Version : steering dampers??

whc
03-09-2009, 07:35 AM
getting ready to buy a new steering damper, I have a stick type, but want better damping when hitting things (you know things, trees, rocks, stuff that jumps out in front of you) the stick dampner does not work as well as I would like. am considering an ohlins or a scott, possibly a precision. who likes what, which ones are reliable. I want one that will let me keep the steering light while absorbing the hard hits. thanks Mild Bill

duke416ex
03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
I love my precision. I considered a scotts and would still like to try one but have not gotten the chance.

I believe I heard something about scotts and ohlins, like maybe one made the other ones dampner? Not sure on that though.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-09-2009, 08:35 AM
We have been using the precision dampners since they came out. They are simple to adjust and provide just the kind of protection you are looking for. Their quality is second to none.

whc
03-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I believe scott makes the ohlins, I am favoring the precision since they look like they mount on the quads better. I also went to there web site and watched there video, pretty impressive when they smack it with the big hammer. Bill

BlaineKaiser450
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
precision is my favorite