PDA

View Full Version : anybody have pics from mototown?

raptoric
03-08-2009, 02:28 PM
have never been there and was hoping to see some pics
of what its like indoors
post them up if youve been there

Robin Hood
03-08-2009, 10:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing. White LTR, fox shocks, stock graphics, quadbuilder sticker on the front, can't ride mx for my life.

Stickin to xc. Drove 3 hours, paid 60 bucks to ride for just over 20 minutes. Great track, great staff but too crowded for my taste.

Lots of fast guys out there. Honda #8 and a few guys on KFX's were haulin.

suzukiracer3
03-09-2009, 12:16 AM
whats up guys. was there today with two guys with the kawi's and number 8 is my good friend. they are all awesome. go one mototowns website. then click on onealphotos, in the search box type in 'quads' the first few pages are some outdoor races, then mototown march 8 starts. and prtphotography.com has some but is adding more

concise
03-09-2009, 08:44 AM
was there last night on a blue gibson/axis/yfz 450 #703 , had a ton of fun the track was great and staff was good too.Towards the ended of the night like 7:45 ish till 9:00 there was NO line and you could have ridden for an hour and a half straight if you wanted.

And yes the #8 guy was BOMBIN and was super smooth.

I was loving the double to triple section , and the finish line table.

Robin Hood
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by concise
was there last night on a blue gibson/axis/yfz 450 #703 , had a ton of fun the track was great and staff was good too.Towards the ended of the night like 7:45 ish till 9:00 there was NO line and you could have ridden for an hour and a half straight if you wanted.

And yes the #8 guy was BOMBIN and was super smooth.

I was loving the double to triple section , and the finish line table.

Finish line table was fun. I got most of the track down but couldn't nut up to triple some of the jumps. The only jump I regret not going for is the step up/double after the first table thing. You had to clear the first table and stay to the right to launch it.

We were gonna stay til later but my friend on a blue Roll YFZ wrecked near the whoops and dislocated his shoulder earlier in the day, and my other friend on a red Pompton Honda 450R cased a double hard and almost ripped his nerfs off. XC suspension doesn't work too well on an MX track lol.

concise
03-09-2009, 10:02 AM
on the double to triple(under the blimpies) some guy wrecked HARD(i think it was a 450r) his plastics fell off and everything, he was layin on one side and his quad was sideways just after the landing , nobody was flagging so i didn't see him till i was in midair over the triple , i thought i was gonna t-bone his quad hard but somehow i kicked my quad sideways and kinda bounced off his quad(thank god) , if i hit it t-bone it would have HURT!!!

after the session i realized i hit the quad harder than i thought , i now have a bent beadlock, really bent nerf and propeg :eek:

All in all it was a great day for me , first time back out in roughly 4 years and i was able to jump everything by the second session out , so i was very happy with my day yesterday , and now today i am VERY soar , i feel OLD.:ermm:

BLU82
03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I had an okay night. It was my first time riding after my shoulder surgery and my first time on my new quad/suspension. When I was riding I was ripping pretty good, but my airfilter fell off twice and I wrecked hard on the littlest table there.:confused: Flipped over frontwards and got landed on by the quad. There was'nt enough time to even jump off because the jump was so small. Heres the direct links to the picture sites for y'all.

**Commercial Link Removed**

extremeblastr
03-09-2009, 11:15 AM
number 8 was mike pilotte, hes an neatv pro. there was probably an ltr and yfz moving along quite nicely to those would have been artie drouin and jon hansen. the kawis could have been alger (first name is evading me at the moment) and jason connell (he's a regular show at mototown seeing as he lives about 10 min or so from me). there is also someone who has been riding there on a kawi with no graphics or numbers who seems to be pretty quick.

concise
03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by BLU82
I had an okay night. It was my first time riding after my shoulder surgery and my first time on my new quad/suspension. When I was riding I was ripping pretty good, but my airfilter fell off twice and I wrecked hard on the littlest table there.:confused: Flipped over frontwards and got landed on by the quad. There was'nt enough time to even jump off because the jump was so small. Heres the direct links to the picture sites for y'all.

I saw your wreck , i was standing at the garage door , your quad just missed you but you got slammed. What happened????

Nac's22
03-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
number 8 was mike pilotte, hes an neatv pro. there was probably an ltr and yfz moving along quite nicely to those would have been artie drouin and jon hansen. the kawis could have been alger (first name is evading me at the moment) and jason connell (he's a regular show at mototown seeing as he lives about 10 min or so from me). there is also someone who has been riding there on a kawi with no graphics or numbers who seems to be pretty quick.

black kawi with fox suspention?

motohanks
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by concise

I didn't get there until after 6:30, so I only had to wait in line once. I had just started putting my quad back together Friday night from a empty frame. I finished at about 5 on Sunday afternoon. My back was so sore from building it that I could barely ride. Oh well, at least I was able to figure out that I need a lot more practice. I was slow:ermm:

Robin Hood
03-09-2009, 02:43 PM

Cool pictures but unless you're the guy on the 250R #2, then the second link is useless.

Pro1200
03-09-2009, 03:04 PM
well robin Hood my brother shoots PTRphoto so he got lots of pics of me..lol..but later on tonight hes uploading another few hundred so there will be much more variety. Takes awhile to upload them all. Also extremeblastr yea Alger was there for few motos till he blew his 3rd gear...and Connell was there too..wrecked hard but kept riding

Robin Hood
03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Pro1200
well robin Hood my brother shoots PTRphoto so he got lots of pics of me..lol..but later on tonight hes uploading another few hundred so there will be much more variety. Takes awhile to upload them all. Also extremeblastr yea Alger was there for few motos till he blew his 3rd gear...and Connell was there too..wrecked hard but kept riding

Ahh that explains it then lol.

Give you credit for that R though. One of like 3 that were there last night I think.

I heard about a KFX wreck near the whoops section, was that Connell? Saw a lot of mess ups back there. Couldn't find a groove over the whoops myself lol.

Pro1200
03-09-2009, 05:11 PM
ahah thanks..yea that was Connell who wrecked

Sprks450r04
03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
yep jason connell is an animal at that place, i was so mad i couldnt ride last night. well broken leg and quad in a bajillion pieces are good reasons, but ill be back on it in no time the track looked super fun i want to do those triples

extremeblastr
03-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by TRR440EX
black kawi with fox suspention?

it was all green last time i made it up, i didn't go sunday just to much to do so i was spoutin off some of the regulars

suzukiracer3
03-09-2009, 10:49 PM
yea j connell wrecked few bikes in front of me. kids insaneee. john henson 12, and mike p 8 were doing great. PRO1200, you and i are in a few pics together haha i was behinde you on your site, white 450r honda with walsh a arms fox shocks with the black hood #16, but no graphics on it. on oneal's website, he got a nice shot of us around the bowl turn, i was on the inside and you went wide. nice pics. and sweet bike man. thank you for all the pictures throughout mototown.

BLU82
03-10-2009, 06:32 AM
Alger's first name is Justin, and was the no numbered kfx white? And I don't really know why I crashed. I hit the jump like I was doing all day and all of a sudden I'm flipping over frontwards. It was wierd.

Robin Hood
03-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Alger's first name is Justin, and was the no numbered kfx white? And I don't really know why I crashed. I hit the jump like I was doing all day and all of a sudden I'm flipping over frontwards. It was wierd.

Same thing my friend said when he gimped off the track lol. Some of the jumps got kinda rutted and I found myself almost sideways on some of the tables.

Pro1200
03-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Robin Hood Pmed u back...and suzukiracer3 yea i saw those pics..nice 450R u got..yea at mototown track always gets rutted later on in the night

suzukiracer3
03-10-2009, 01:40 PM
thanks man...you must have the nicest 250r. track was mint...anyone going to the CAN AM day with john natalie??? i think im going.

Pro1200
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
haha thanks...lots off ppl going to that its posted all over ne-atv forums..I should be going to that as well

312R1
03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Hey guy's a few friends and I will be there on the 22nd. Here is a pic pf my R.

Pro1200
03-10-2009, 02:46 PM
sweeeet ill finally get to see ur R in person..seen it all over the forums

312R1
03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
sweeeet ill finally get to see ur R in person..seen it all over the forums

LOL...Yeah I will have it and TRXNick will have his LTR and my other buddy will have his YFZ450R. If you see us stop by.

-Steve

Pro1200
03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
sweet..yea def ..ill be there w/ my R and maybe some other friends and will have a helmet cam on..:) ..there prob will be huge line of quads....lol

-David

312R1
03-10-2009, 04:40 PM
sweet..yea def ..ill be there w/ my R and maybe some other friends and will have a helmet cam on..:) ..there prob will be huge line of quads....lol

-David

How much riding time do you get?

Pro1200
03-10-2009, 06:02 PM
like good 15-20 min i think not sure exactly..its open 2-9 though

Sprks450r04
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
ill be there for the can-am thing and i will be there on the 22nd, not sure what ill be riding or riding anything at all on the 22nd. my bike will most likely not be done, im still waiting on cams crank and valves and piston and all that other garbage, so well see

312R1
03-10-2009, 06:58 PM
like good 15-20 min i think not sure exactly..its open 2-9 though

15-20 minutes at a time?

Pro1200
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Coleman nice..u all healed up?..312R1 yea its 15-20min a moto

CTmxyfz
03-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Green mystery kawi rider with no graphics and numbers, sounds like me. Justin Alger #388, i was out there trying to hang with connell, hes a pro rider and im not lol. I was doing good until i lost 3rd gear. I took it apart and blew 4th gear which actually has dogs on it that help engage 3rd gear and then i had to back off. We were ripping and i was pissed i broke it but oh well. Pilotte is fast as usual, Hansen and Drouin and nuts as well great riders!

If your talking about me too, thank you i appreciate it. It was either Brian Diagle or I too. Hes got a creamer bike and i do too. Hes got roll/fox i switched to fox/walsh because im smart.:blah:

Heres a quick one of me.

extremeblastr
03-10-2009, 11:01 PM
you were movin when i was there justin but the rider i was talking about was allll green even a smooth green hood.

CTmxyfz
03-10-2009, 11:02 PM
you were movin when i was there justin but the rider i was talking about was allll green even a smooth green hood.

just like i said, diagle. He showed up as i was leaving.

suzukiracer3
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
PRO1200--- You got any video from the 8th. I saw you had a cam....let us know. So looks like ill be see'ing a lot of you guys for the natalie CAN AM day. Should be cool. You think they will let us ride our own quads maybe towards the end???

Robin Hood
03-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
Green mystery kawi rider with no graphics and numbers, sounds like me. Justin Alger #388, i was out there trying to hang with connell, hes a pro rider and im not lol. I was doing good until i lost 3rd gear. I took it apart and blew 4th gear which actually has dogs on it that help engage 3rd gear and then i had to back off. We were ripping and i was pissed i broke it but oh well. Pilotte is fast as usual, Hansen and Drouin and nuts as well great riders!

If your talking about me too, thank you i appreciate it. It was either Brian Diagle or I too. Hes got a creamer bike and i do too. Hes got roll/fox i switched to fox/walsh because im smart.:blah:

Heres a quick one of me.

You and the other kawi's were on a mission. There were also 2 identical yellow zuki's there that were pretty quick. There was a white zuki who was pretty fast but his temp light was always red and it caught my attention every lap he passed by lol.

I gotta hop on a KFX and see what all the hype is.

extremeblastr
03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
please god i hope you are not talking about those two rockstar bikes, they are verrrrry nice bikes but those two are jokes as far as riding go with all the s*** they talk.

concise
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
this was one of the pics of me

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r139/conciseautosports/edouble.jpg

i think that green kawi with the walsh stuff was one of the castallano (spelling?) guys.If so they were both flying.

Nac's22
03-12-2009, 10:01 AM
na he has the black kawi and yes they both fly

set2crash67
03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Robin Hood-
The 2 identical yellow zuki's that were pretty quick are from long island they were movin well one guys name is gary idk his brothers names. There was a white zuki who was pretty fast but his temp light was always red... thats rich stambach he ran pro at nats. i was there with the yellow 400 ex #469, black kawi and blue yfz (the castallans). i have a white 450r # 16 with a blue frame.... the track was good fun tripples and such we will b back on the 22nd. consice u know us right :eek:

concise
03-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by set2crash67
Robin Hood-
The 2 identical yellow zuki's that were pretty quick are from long island they were movin well one guys name is gary idk his brothers names. There was a white zuki who was pretty fast but his temp light was always red... thats rich stambach he ran pro at nats. i was there with the yellow 400 ex #469, black kawi and blue yfz (the castallans). i have a white 450r # 16 with a blue frame.... the track was good fun tripples and such we will b back on the 22nd. consice u know us right :eek:

haha yeah whats up kid.

long island was pretty strong in there.
if that triple is still there on the 22nd i'm definately hittin it:cool:

22nd:macho

set2crash67
03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
nothing much eddie...yea li did good im bord at work my boss isnt here hahaha... next time im hitting that doubble by the bay door where we were standing and you can hit the tripple. i cant find any pics of me doing the tripple but i saw a kid taking pics i was loko at him in the air and saw a flash. they gotta be out there if anyone knows who was takin pics or when i could find them there not on oneal or the other site?

concise
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
i only found one pic of you and it wasn't of anything good , you were just kinda cruising it looked like , i will find it and post it though.

Pro1200
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM
yea in the process of editing it on adobe premiere, it will be up asap :)

Sprks450r04
03-13-2009, 03:17 PM
those triples look really fun, i hope my leg can handle the abuse

k4f5x0r
03-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I know both of those guys on the LTR's brothers one with race cut and both are almost factory looking. one has the official team suzuki jersey.

those guys are CRAZY fast. they ride at a local track on long island and they are THE fastest one there. i heard one of them race in an A class national somewhere and he placed 2nd.

i wonder if those guys are on the forums:confused:

extremeblastr
03-13-2009, 09:12 PM
you can not be serious, those were really nice bikes but those guys were fast by no means what so ever compared to the fast guys there and i don't see anybody but pilotte or maybe connell placing like that at a national

suzukiracer3
03-14-2009, 10:35 AM
SET2CRASH---

suzukiracer3
03-14-2009, 10:38 AM
SET2CRASH--- Whats up man. I met you sunday, Im friends with the castalanas I was chilling in the trailer. I had the 05 trx450 with walsh flows and fox,,,white. You def going this next sunday?? I better see you hitting the double that nicky was hitting with that motor of yours.

k4f5x0r
03-14-2009, 02:45 PM
i rode with the faster of the two brothers today. he confirmed to me THAT HE"S SWITCHING TO KAWI :D . after this year him and his bro are dropping all 4 of their LTR's because theyre sick of the steel frame(cracked his frame again) and they hate working on the LTR because you have to take everything off to get to stuff.

he is a wicked fast rider. i think he said he's following the NEATV races this year. he figured out how much gas it would be for the truck to tow their quads to all of the races for some other series. it was 6500 dollars :eek2:

631kfx400
03-14-2009, 03:05 PM
no NEATV is the one hes doing. hes not doing some other one thats more areas than the northeast

set2crash67
03-14-2009, 03:25 PM
suzukiracer3 whats up dude.. white riding gear? harts old hood? im pretty sure i know who it is and yes that double is next on my list if its there. the dasa should make it.

k4f5x0r
03-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
no NEATV is the one hes doing. hes not doing some other one thats more areas than the northeast

i never said he was doing the other one. i said he calculated how much it would be to follow it besides one race in california and it turned out to be 6500. :blah:

suzukiracer3
03-14-2009, 09:08 PM
chillin bro...yea thats me. yeah thats all you next sunday. i rode at calverton tracks real nice. we gotta shoot up there one day. hopefully mototown keeps the track the same

k4f5x0r
03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
^^ this the kid with the yellow LTR with the fmf rockstar graphics etc i was riding with today? it was me you and the other black kfx before the others got there.

suzukiracer3
03-14-2009, 10:32 PM
me?? i have a white trx450r with a black hood and no graphics. i rode two days ago i think; at calverton track. there was a kid there with a yellow ltr with those graphics that i saw. im not sure if your talking about me tho....lol. but the brendall brothers were in long island today i think. they ride at the same track i do, with me and swensen. they are def fast and got sweet bikes.

concise
03-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by suzukiracer3
chillin bro...yea thats me. yeah thats all you next sunday. i rode at calverton tracks real nice. we gotta shoot up there one day. hopefully mototown keeps the track the same

is the calverton track open?how much is it to ride there?
also have you ever ridin at clubmx in ronkonkoma , it is very close to where i live and i think i'm gonna join but i would also like to ride the calverton track.

k4f5x0r
03-15-2009, 09:28 AM
ohh alright i confused you with someone else then. i dont remember seeing a white trx whenever i was there but ill look for you.

and concis i PMed you the info about calverton.

motofreak2772
03-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Looks like a fun track. If I lived up north i would go.
I found this video on youtube, idk who it is maybe its one of you. but i figured it was the same day you guys are talking about cuz of that guy who crashed about 3 minutes into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0G0qzkA3k

do they run all the quads together? it looks like they need to split it up some.

suzukiracer3
03-15-2009, 06:00 PM
lol. im going up wensday to do some riding. I am trying to get my bike all corrected. Caster camber etc etc. All that crap. But shoot me a PM, and well def do some riding out there. I would like to go twice a week before season starts. CONSICE--- I am a member at RIO's as well. Def look into Calverton first. PM me.

concise
03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
Looks like a fun track. If I lived up north i would go.
I found this video on youtube, idk who it is maybe its one of you. but i figured it was the same day you guys are talking about cuz of that guy who crashed about 3 minutes into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0G0qzkA3k

do they run all the quads together? it looks like they need to split it up some.

on the second lap when the yellow flag was out on the double/to triple , thats the quad i hit.

motofreak2772
03-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Can quads hit every jump there? cuz they look a lil small, that double-triple looks like the biggest jump there but i cant really tell where the landing is in the vid. The first triple looked bigger in the vid but then i seen a vid of a kid on like 90 clear it.

concise
03-15-2009, 08:46 PM
All the jumps were doable , its a fun place to ride.I was happy it was fairly tame cause it was my first time on a track(or riding) in years.