PDA

View Full Version : what is up with Ballance

250r rider 88
03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
2 horrible finishes to start off the year, I know its his last year and all and he wants to go out on top, but this is no way to start a season

wonder if it the new YFZR having issues? anyone know what the deal has been?

i find it funny and ironic how Yamaha's premier rider on their newest purpose built racer doesn't finish in the top 10 in the first 2 races of the season

and a privateer on the older "tried and trued" model wins one and gets a 2nd in the other

whats everyone else think about this?

and i no way am I meaning to knock Ballance here just wandering WTF is going on with him

Pappy
03-07-2009, 11:15 PM
There will be information released when Bill wants it released. It has nothing to do with his ride.

As a favor to me, and out of respect for Bill, just be patient and everyone will know when he is ready to release any information etc

250r rider 88
03-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
There will be information released when Bill wants it released. It has nothing to do with his ride.

As a favor to me, and out of respect for Bill, just be patient and everyone will know when he is ready to release any information etc

will do pappy, I'm a big fan of his and have just been bewildered by these results, hopefully its nothing to serious and everything is ok

hate to see his last year going this way

coryatver
03-08-2009, 08:16 AM
if you read the recent articles on gnccracing.com it has said that he had to have surgery to remove some ribs just 4 weeks ago.

quad2xtreme
03-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I too read he has surgery on his ribs. The article didn't say why or that he had any ribs removed. Safe to say that he isn't 100%.

05LSR250R
03-08-2009, 09:23 AM
RIB SURGERY! I cant even fathom riding a quad 4 weeks after rib surgery! BRUTAL!

I dont care for Bill Ballance at all but I gotta respect what hes accomplished! To ride after rib surgery shows how gritty that guy is about racing!

He will return to form! Its gonna be a good battle all year!

03pete
03-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Didnt he finish first in a race last year with broken ribs?

RUTHLESS
03-10-2009, 01:31 AM
well i have to chime inn
i have cracked ribs on a really nice big wreck on my yfz450
and let me just say, i'd rather eat glass
breathing, eating, laughing, coughing, turning, walking, talking, thinking, and even blinking fuccckkkiiinnnggg hurt
not to mention the blood i was couching up NICE!!!

but on a side note
i bought one of the first 04 yfz450's and i beat on it
like one of my cheap dimes off craigslist
and it takes its lickin and keeps on tickin
imo-the redline oil really helps

bill ballance could race a blaster or 300ex and still podium period
and if you know anything about bill or gncc racing
you will agree, but with that being said

i want to see borich, mcgill or sommers take the #1 plate
all of these guys have what it takes period
but there is an old veteran named MR. BILL
who will do everything he can to prevent this