PDA

View Full Version : installing rear carrier

dangitsbrandon
03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
my rear carrier is shot. my whole plan is to purchase an extended axle along with a new carrier. any straight forward instructions to install both on the forums?

shok47
03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
a search helps.

Make sure you take off the hard stuff before settings things loose. Work from the outside in. You dont waant to loosen the locknut before you remove hubs for example.

hondaking52
03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
just take the hubs off, loosen the 4 allen key bolts back the crrier off, loosen the lock nut for the axle, take the circlip off, then lock nut off, slide the axle thru once the chain is walked off, then take the brake caliper off, then the brake caliper mount, then the carrier will just slide right out...may have to do a few in a different order...

dangitsbrandon
03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
yeah well searching didnt come up what im really looking for plus i dont have time and the patience to search. thanks for the advice

hondaking52
03-07-2009, 09:04 PM
^^

Ex907rider
03-14-2009, 11:36 PM
I think this might help, from pappy. It helped me, thats for sure.
Idk if the link will work:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359350

03-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Make sure you get some snap ring pliers.. It helped greatly when removing the snap ring that holds the brake rotor hub on...

Dathon Lawler
03-15-2009, 12:09 PM
tools. big pipe wrench. and big snap ring pliers.
for the quick version----> do the locking axle nut(s), put in gear to help hold the thing. maybe get a guy to hold down the rear brakes to keep the axle from rolling. if you don't know, these are reverse threads and will be traveling toward the inside to loosen. i use a big pipe wrench. back those to where you can get to the "little" (there are 2) snap ring. snap ring out of the way.....stop there. go to the RIGHT SIDE. REAR RIGHT TIRE. take off the hub. then get chain off. start sliding stuff off the axle. the rest is pretty simple......axle out. loosen pinch bolts with the allen wrench. then the carrier just slides out.