PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to introduce myself and ask some Q's

trooper182
03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi name is Sean. im 24 and am in the army. been in for 4 years. been to Iraq twice and just got back from my sec deployment. I just bought a 2000 DS650 for 500 cash along with a trailer. the guy I bought it from did a bunch of work to it and just lost interest in it so im not sure of all the mods he did. before that I had a raptor 350 and a 95 banshee. I just took the ds out today with some friends for the first time. it’s a quick beast. I like it but don’t really like the weight (im 5' 11" 174lbs) I raced my friends yfz450 se and killed it. after I hit 3rd I just pulled away no prob. then I raced a suzuki 450efi and it was funny cuz if we started at the same time I was able to get about a quads length away and we stayed neck and neck but if he got a lil jump he was able to stay ahead but I would very slowly get up to him. did not have a long flat track. so all and all I like my quad. cant complain for what I paid.

now for my q's. the clutch on it feels very stiff. after about an hrs worth of riding my arm was killing me. is there anything I can do to fix this? also the throttle feels the same way

I have heard that if you put a steering stabilizer on it will help a lot. I noticed sometimes the steering would almost tear out of my grip on the trails. what would be a good and not very expensive one to get?

I tried to bleed my breaks last night and the rear one just feels mushy. I have to give it all I got to get it to stop. any ideas.

lol you all are prob tired of my q's but I only have a few more.

there is a hose that is running on the right side that leaks a very little amount of oil sometimes. I looked to see if it should be connected somewhere but could not find anything. is it supposed to be like this.

and lastly where can I find new plastics for my ds (stock or aftermarket)? the ones on it are warn out. I also want the front wheel fenders. most remove them but I kinda like the look.

thanks for taking the time to read my post

hotshotgoal30
03-07-2009, 10:53 PM
wow nice looking quad for 500 bucks. you did good especially with the trailer my friend. im not sure about all ur questions but ill give u some quick tips. as for the clutch they make a cable tool that you can spray lube and it goes all down the cable. it may solve your problem it may not but its worth a try. the brakes you may need to bleed a few more times. or look to see if your loosing oil somewhere. if not it may be just time to replace the pads. cheap fix probably worth doing anyways. as for plastics they are probably a little hard to find. not impossible. post in the classifieds on this website or check ebay frequently you can often find a set on there of people parting out quads

brian 68
03-07-2009, 11:13 PM
you might try new cables, if it set a while, my clutch cable looked fine but was very hard to pull. and yes i have hd springs , but it is useable now that i got a new cable get new a arms 2000 had a bad castor angle

brian 68
03-07-2009, 11:16 PM
also run 22 " front tires, and as hotshotgoal stated if there is any air in the lines they will feel mushy. drain the old out completely.
high comp/blowby pushes oil out that hose , do a comp test, reroute higher up and forward put a small breather on the end.
available at most auto stores.

trooper182
03-08-2009, 04:55 PM
here are some new pics

trooper182
03-08-2009, 04:56 PM
need to find a pipe protector. melted my riding pants

trooper182
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
rev elemenator?

trooper182
03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
not sure what brand pipe this is

trooper182
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
anybody know where i can get a good ez pull clutch lever? i oiled my cable and it helped a lot but the clutch lever was way out there and like a dumb *** i tried to bend it and it broke lol. so now i need a new one that is reasonably priced.

hotshotgoal30
03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
your pipe is a hmf. you have the ron woods rev box as well. i would assume you have no airbox cover on it possibly or maybe just the prescreen usually goes hand in hand. i did see some easy pull clutches on ebay. although they were for a raptor but maybe the company has some that would work for you if you emailed them

hotshotgoal30
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EZ-PULL-CLUTCH-PERCH-LEVER-RAPTOR-700-660-350-ATV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43967QQihZ024QQitem Z370157742173QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

here is the EZ clutch for the raptor. it would be worth a shot to use that one or ask them if they have one for your machine. if that doesnt work the item number is 370157742173