PDA

View Full Version : Racerdan24-? again on your handlebars

rinaldi
03-07-2009, 02:54 PM
What style bars did you install again? I wanted to order that kit, but an unsure what the style differences are. Are you going to lengthen your lines or is there enough slack they are OK?

03-08-2009, 01:01 AM
I have the same thing as racerdan... The renthal twinwall bars and clamp setup. Stock lines work just fine. Motosport.com sells the kit for about 140-150 I believe.

rinaldi
03-08-2009, 07:47 AM
What bend or type bar did you go with. There is so many options yet I don't know a thing about any of them.

racerdan24
03-08-2009, 08:55 AM
They are Renthal Twinwall Carmichael bends ( Red)with a Trail Tech bar clamp. The clamp added about 2 inches in the rise and the bend is perfect. So much more comfortable. The added 2 inches did not hurt the lenght of any cables....The front brake is border line but i turned the brake caliper down to give me some added room....I will make the decision on lengthening once i get some more rides on it in the next month. I have not had any issues so far so if it aint broke......I will make the decision within the next month as i am running the GNCC race in June at Unadilla so will do it before then if i do.
Suicide and i have compared notes on our setups and neither of us have had issues.....Can't beat the price and the install was very easy.

racerdan24
03-08-2009, 09:03 AM
They are Renthal Twinwall Carmichael bends ( Red)with a Trail Tech bar clamp. The clamp added about 2 inches in the rise and the bend is perfect. So much more comfortable. The added 2 inches did not hurt the lenght of any cables....The front brake is border line but i turned the brake caliper down to give me some added room....I will make the decision on lengthening once i get some more rides on it in the next month. I have not had any issues so far so if it aint broke......I will make the decision within the next month as i am running the GNCC race in June at Unadilla so will do it before then if i do.
Suicide and i have compared notes on our setups and neither of us have had issues.....Can't beat the price and the install was very easy.

03-08-2009, 11:12 AM
^^ What he said... They're extremely comfortable and everything fits. I'm throwing on some galfer +2 brakelines so I'll have plenty of room ,but stock works just fine.

racerdan24
03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by SuicideMFNdoors
^^ What he said... They're extremely comfortable and everything fits. I'm throwing on some galfer +2 brakelines so I'll have plenty of room ,but stock works just fine.
Hey...where did you find the +2 lines from and how much? Just so i have somewhere to look in case i need them.....

400ex07
03-08-2009, 10:53 PM
I have the Renthal "fat" bar Carmichael bend (its like the "twinwalls" without the crossbar) and I love them, way more comfortable than stock. I have about 1/2 inch of slack on the brake line with the bars turned all the way.

03-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by racerdan24
Hey...where did you find the +2 lines from and how much? Just so i have somewhere to look in case i need them.....

I bought them off a member on here. Motosport carries them but its the version that T's off instead of (2) separate brakelines for each caliper. Next bet is buy some streamline brake lines. I hear good things about them also dan.

racerdan24
03-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by SuicideMFNdoors
I bought them off a member on here. Motosport carries them but its the version that T's off instead of (2) separate brakelines for each caliper. Next bet is buy some streamline brake lines. I hear good things about them also dan.
thanks...just need to be ready to buy when and if the time comes

rinaldi
03-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Racerdan-

My bars just came in a couple days ago and I am waiting on grips to arrive. Once you install is any of the 7/8" area visible? I didn't realize it was colored differently. Also the left side where the grip goes is different. The right side is smooth. IS that incase you install a twist throttle?

03-12-2009, 10:32 AM
^^^ Yes, for twist throttle. The chrome clamp is visible on mine once you install it.

racerdan24
03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
^^^^^ Exactly what the suicide man said....believe me wait til you feel the difference with the new bars..its like night and day...