PDA

View Full Version : somethings wrong!

IOWAracer
03-07-2009, 11:56 AM
well my bike broke the clutch cable about two weeks ago so i ordered one and im still waiting well the quad has been sitting not started not rode not anything for the past two weeks last night i towede it from the shop up to the house to put my axis shocks on and fired it up once i got them on just to let it run it sat there for about 30 seconds anthen it started smoking off the front of the motor bad i shut it off and looked and the hose thats under the header i believe a vent hose well at the top of that hose as it runs back to the brake side of the motor has oil all over it and so does some of the engine case any ideas guys?

TNT
03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Thats a crank case vent tube, you probably blew an oil seal.

IOWAracer
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
how much am i looking at there im prolly just gonna take it in to my mechanic and go ahead and rebuild the top end cause i got quite a bit of time on it

TNT
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Probably your balancer shaft oil seal, you will need to split the case is my best guess...there are a few seals in there. If you got lots of hours yeah do your top end, I do a piston and rings no more than 25, depends on power loss...

While your in the case and head put a Falicon 6mm stroker and 500 big bore in it and really wake this bad boy up! :macho

TNT
03-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I know thats bad news and I hope I am wrong but thats all I see being the prob.

IOWAracer
03-08-2009, 12:48 AM
yea it sucks i cant believe it i didnt know if it would blow out oil like the hondas if there is too much...?

TNT
03-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't think thats the prob the level in the tank is the level in the engine if you overfill can cause engine or case problems.....

BSTURDIVANT
03-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Probably just the spring clamp that goes on the vent hose!
Replace with a worm clamp! they loose tension with time and heat!