PDA

View Full Version : Lucretia!!!!

pdxbigfoot
03-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Heres the 1st pic.

pdxbigfoot
03-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Yes... she has a name.
As alot of you know i have been at this build for quite some time now.The last 2+ years have been quite the learning experience and i have gained alot of knowledge from this forum.
There was many a late night in the garage and even more nights spent here reading old threads.
So after alot of time, patience and a wad of cash shes finally done.

If you guys remember i found this bike outside in a field in Spokane Washington. It was in pieces and had a really rough frame but was about 80% complete.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/pdxbigfoot/broken_frame1.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/pdxbigfoot/broken_frame_2.jpg
After months of collecting basically stock parts from Ebay and here it dawned on me...."why am i building a semi-stock bike??" why not build my dream quad??
At that point i shifted the overall vision of my build.
I started hunting for aftermarket parts and got a game plan together as far as what kind of bike i wanted.
Now most who live here in Oregon would of went with a sand build but thats not where my roots are so i decided for a full MX/play bike.

I started with the frame.
It was really rough. A 86 that had 3 out of 4 front motor mounts broke, 1 bottom, poorly welded subframe break and was solid rust. Ater 8 hours with my friend Heath from Rot Iron (yes he spells it rot not wrought) the frame was back to better than stock condition with some really heavy duty gussets. Some became a problem later during assembly but were addressed and are no longer a problem.

The motor was next and i had found a motor in Eugene. It was a Pro-X 330 that looked pretty...ooohhh shiny things. I would later find out that it had been butchered and was once set up for alchohol.
After some sniffin around i was able to track down Mr Arlan Lehman founder of LRD and discovered that he was no longer affiliated with LRD and had started his new shop Led Performance (pronounced leed)http://www.ledperformanceengines.com/index.htm.
He is amazing man who really has a soft spot for his 250R motor's and has worked with many great riders such as Gary Denton,Barry Hawk and Bill Ballance.
I really cant say enough about him and if you dont know who he is do some homework.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/pdxbigfoot/arlan2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/pdxbigfoot/arlan1.jpg
The cylinder had a crazy top end port job that someone had got "less is more" happy with. It had some case damage that had been repaired, a stripped drain bolt, bad crank, bad gears, bad clutch, a crappy dome, and an assortment of random half ***** quick fixes.
After much thought i decided to rebuild from the crank out and we replaced almost every moving part and wrapped them with new cases.
.As far as the cylinder Arlan had to basically start from scratch. He pressed out the sleeve, welded the ports shut and started from ground zero.
I was looking for a big midrange hit and he worked his magic with the porting tools and pretty much changed the cylinders purpose.
With other highlights such as a direct Drive lock out, Hinson, and yukon, We were heading in the right direction.
Its been a great experience and i cant wait to keep improving it...now if i can talk Arlan into building me a custom chassis this next winter.

I would really like to thank everyone on here but especially...

Arlan Lehman for his endless patience and knowledge.
danhung11...for the bullsh*t sessions, know how and advise.Can you and i possibly swap more parts??
Master LTR450 for the advise, inspiration and knowledge.
Laeger-n-ky for building such a awesome bike.
Wilkin250R for being a good, fair mod.
Downtndiesel...glad your bike ran for the rest of the trip.
And my boys here in PDX.
Leatherface, jhtrx250r and Mcboomport...i owe you guys!!!
iIwill post dyno runs as soon as we get her under load and start makin some runs.
Please feel free to ask questons.
Without getting really long winded........
Im going to let the pics speak for themselves.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/pdxbigfoot/lucretia/?albumview=grid

[Chassis | Suspension | Controls:

Frame: Re-worked 86 w/ full custom gussets,fresh "blood red" powder and fresh threads.
A Arms: Hydrodynamics, 2"+1"s with Delrin bushings
Swingarm: -1"LSR (88-89 length) wrapped in fresh "mirror red" powder.
Steering Stem: Roll +1" with ant-vibe mounts.
Stabilizer: Pep w/custom mounts unders the tank
Axle: RPM Dominator +4"
Carrier: LSR
Locknut: LSR anti-fade.
Hubs F|R: LSR 400EX and LSR billet rear
Bars: Renthal 7/8th in red with Cycra handguards
Throttle/Clutch Lever: AVS break and Magura clutch.
Grips: Fly
Nerfs: DG custom w/IMS stainless pegs and IMS heel guards in "gloss black"
Bumper: CT flat track in "gloss black"
Grab Bar: AC desert in "Mirror black"
Front Shocks: Works series pro with custom guards.
Rear Shock: Stock w/ revalve and soon custom long travel
Brake Lines: Custom steel braided
Rotors F|R: wave
Rims F|R: Hiper w/red rings and custom mud plugs in red lexan.
Tires F|R: ITP Holeshots

Body:

Plastic: Fullbore
Graphics|Seat Cover: Custom "dragon" themed graphics and seat in red and black carbon with "super grip" center.
Number Backgrounds: Custom keeping with the dragon theme.
Handguards:Cycra
Bar Pad: Renthal
Fuel Tank: Clarke w/Project 321 cap

Engine|Drive System:

Cylinder|Head:330 pro-X done by Arlan
Bore & Stroke: 76mmX72MM
Displacement:330
Cam:na
Carburetor:39MM kehin PWK with high polished inlet.
Air Filter|Box: Custom with K&N and one of a kind intake tube.
Pipe|Silencer:Custom hand rolled and fabricated pipe and silencer in red carbon fiber by Arlan
Clutch|Plates:Hinson, CR500 w/ Direct Drive custom lockout and clear cover.
Gearing F|R: 14/38
CDI|Killswitch: Cr 250 ignition w/ Pro-design teather
Cooling: Afco dual pass.
Other:
400EX spindle, hub, caliper and rotor swap w/ 450R master cylinder.
Quadtech carbon tank cover
m a u l t e c h carbon hood.
Now has Fourwerx carbon radiator shrouds and rear master cylinder guard.
Custom stainless Honda "H's"
Modular nerf mounting system.
custom radiator overflow bottle location.
Inline digital temp guage.
Aeroquip radiator fittings.
Tons of stainless bolts and all new OEM little parts.

leager-n-ky
03-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Jason, That thing is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

250Renvy
03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Definitely one of the sickest builds yet.

Is the silencer carbon fibre or just made to look that way. I originally wasn't into the look of that pipe, but now I'm thinking I might get a custom one made as well.

skippy1999
03-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Tell me about that rear number plate??

C41Xracer
03-07-2009, 07:49 AM
amazing!!!!!!

dtowndiesel
03-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Jason, you've got to be kidding me! I knew your bike was sick, but I didn't know my jaw would hit the floor. I love everything about it, the color combo, the decals, the overflow, the intake, it's all there. My favorites are the seat cover, radiator shrouds, and of course the pipe. I hope you don't do any type of plating or paint on the pipe, I like being able to see the welds. It shows off the custom craftsmanship. Like you said, when it comes to 250R's Arlan is a mad scientist, I can't wait to hear what you think after you ride it. Congratulations, this is the most well thought out, most badass 250R I have ever seen.

dtowndiesel
03-07-2009, 08:03 AM
The next trip is going to be to Oregon, I need to see this thing in person. I made one of your pictures my screensaver, sorry laeger-n-ky, I had to replace your blue and white laeger bike.

Aceman
03-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow.:eek:

That thing is immaculate!

03-07-2009, 08:09 AM
i think that fourwheeler is ugly as hell. i dont know what is worse the ugly graphics kit/ the endcap that looks like it was cut out with a set of torches or the garbage works and hydrodynamics front end. oh ya and there is also that head pipe with the ugly black rings on it or whatever the hell that is. good job buddy.....................not

leager-n-ky
03-07-2009, 08:13 AM
i think that fourwheeler is ugly as hell. i dont know what is worse the ugly graphics kit/ the endcap that looks like it was cut out with a set of torches or the garbage works and hydrodynamics front end. oh ya and there is also that head pipe with the ugly black rings on it or whatever the hell that is. good job buddy.....................not

You probably ride a Yamaha dont you???? No taste, or class at all.

05LSR250R
03-07-2009, 08:15 AM
That quad is INCREDIBLE! The pics of Arlen in the lab are great! Puts a face to the voice I've been hearing on the telephone.

Whats the deal with these shrouds and rad cover? They are sweet!

Dont ever chrome that pipe! That look is awesome! I LOVE IT!
You did an incredible job! Sexy as all hell!

Enjoy it!

03-07-2009, 08:15 AM
I ride a proven machine so I have no taste or class at all. Come race me pal.

dtowndiesel
03-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by yfzmxbill

Get out of here yfzmxbill, we don't need people like you.

03-07-2009, 08:20 AM
you guys cant take it or somethin? i know you are mad becuase i pointed out obvious things that should be fixed on this quad. I love 250rs but this is the ugliest one with the dumbest parts i have ever seen

Aceman
03-07-2009, 08:21 AM
you guys cant take it or somethin? i know you are mad becuase i pointed out obvious things that should be fixed on this quad. I love 250rs but this is the ugliest one with the dumbest parts i have ever seen

Ok. Your opinion has been heard, now show the guy some common courtesy and stay out of his thread.

03-07-2009, 08:24 AM
actually it is a fact not an opinion. front end is junk, pipe looks cheap and like crap, dg makes a nicer exhaust then that

dustinshuler
03-07-2009, 08:47 AM
sweet build,the welds on the pipe are cool (black rings) lol. dont take yfzmxbill serious. he oviously has no clue.

jhtrx250r
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM
YFZmx bill is just but hurt, because now when he pumps his POS yamaha in the rear he has to think of the badest 330r out there .

leager-n-ky
03-07-2009, 12:33 PM
You guys have to remember, that where YFZMXBILL is from, they share a pillow with their sister, and they call their fathers UNCLE. And this is perfectly legal there. So you really cant expect an intelligent comment from him. Just so you dont get too upset Bill,"actually it is a fact not an opinion.":devil:

05LSR250R
03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Where did ya come up with the name Lucretia!
I would have named it "RUTH"........as in ruthless!

mdickerson319
03-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Not everyone from WV is as ignorant as yfxmxbill! I think this is one of the best builds I have ever seen!!! I love the look of the pipe.

havinnoj
03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
clean the wax off your chain!! bike turned out way more than I ever imagined!! Props bud!!

JOEX
03-07-2009, 08:12 PM
actually it is a fact not an opinion. front end is junk, pipe looks cheap and like crap, dg makes a nicer exhaust then that
That sound like mostly opinions to me...

After reviewing all 9 of your posts I'm predicting you wont be here long if you don't clean up your attitude.

1promodfan
03-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Man, that bike makes me want to set fire to mine!! That thing is crazy sick!! Awesome job!!!

And please just dis-regard that other guys post. What a way to start out posting. Opinions are like buttholes......most everyone has one, and most time they stink.

skyhighatv
03-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Congradulations!! Turned out great and i love that pipe. Now get out there and give it to those four stroke jokes lol. Oh yeah yfzbill go tend your sheep and keep out of this thread please and thank you!!

trx310R#24
03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
You guys have to remember, that where YFZMXBILL is from, they share a pillow with their sister, and they call their fathers UNCLE. And this is perfectly legal there. So you really cant expect an intelligent comment from him. Just so you dont get too upset Bill,"actually it is a fact not an opinion.":devil:

could not have said it any better.

DAMN! i see an up comming qotm!

312R1
03-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Thats the nicest stock framed R that I have ever seen!! Well done.

danhung11
03-07-2009, 09:30 PM
It came out good my friend. The color combo is pure evil and sick as hell. Looking forward to ride reports.

Job well done my friend. ;)

norcalduner
03-07-2009, 10:24 PM
That thing is badass yo !!! :macho

I am diggin the graphics and that freakin' pipe :cool:

Not to sound ignorant but ..... how did you remove the "blue" anodized color on the afco rad fittings OR did you have it "reanodized" silver :confused:

norcalduner
03-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Opinions are like buttholes......most everyone has one, and most time they stink.

lmao :D :D :D

QuadJunkies
03-08-2009, 12:48 AM
OMG... that is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Hats off to your build, that is one of the sickest I have seen!!
BTW I have to agree with JOEX -yfxmxbill- you will not last here long with comments like that .Its one thing to have an opinion and another to just be RUDE...

pdxbigfoot
03-08-2009, 03:10 AM
To answer a few questons....
250R Envy...I happened upon the carbon for the silencer while up late one night on Ebay. The lady had all kinds of strange stuff like salt and pepper shakers, Magic 8 balls,a chunk of red carbon fiber, slippers..so i swooped on it and Arlan and i made endcaps, core and i figured out the mounting.

skippy1999.....The rear # plate is a modified Maier.

05LSR250R...the name Lucretia is from a Megadeth song that takes me back to my riding days and the way Dave Mustaine phrases the chorus is pure evil...it just kinda fit.

norcalduner...the blue comes right off on the wire wheel then polish them up.

05LSR250R.....The radiator shrouds were made by Tony Weber in Eugene and he runs a shop named Fab-Tec

I am going to keep the pipe raw as im a sucker for welds.

I also have some radiator shrouds and a rear master guard comming from Jay @ Fourwerx and they ship Monday.

Once again thank you all for the compliments and support.
I found myself reading the forum rules again today and one really stood out....

2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.

800screws
03-08-2009, 08:48 AM
just curious...what made u stay with a stock frame? u seemed to went great lengths with the whole build. nice quad also!

Fear250r
03-08-2009, 09:40 AM
That bike is absolutely beautiful! Awesome build!

pdxbigfoot
03-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Went with a stock frame is i didnt really know the things that i know now.
I havent owned a quad since 1989 when i had to sell my 88 because my dad died and i needed the money.
So after almost 20 years of heavy drinking i got sober. When i put the bottle down i realized that you have to stay busy and i had to have as many projects as i could handle.
I first rebuilt my drumset, mtn bike then i thought..."now what?"...Ah ha! I will build a R. Something i never ever thought i would be able to do. I jumped at pretty much the 1st affordable project i could find.
Like i said i got half way though the building of a stocker when it dawned on me to shift my efforts to my dream quad.
So in a nutshell i didnt go aftermarket out of pure ignorance and knowing what i know now by this time next year i will have a aftermarket or custom chassis, different suspension and a even cleaner build.
I have O.C.D!!!!! And this is only my 1st attempt at a build.

skippy1999
03-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Your quad is sweet! One of the nicest I have ever seen! And def nicer then the 20 I have built over the years~

If you wanted an aftermarket frame, you can always transfer everything over~

What ya thk you have into it in parts? Ever add it up?

leager-n-ky
03-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Jason, This is one fine build, but i would like to be the first to congratulate you on putting the bottle down, I'm wondering if everyone with OCD's build quads??? My family is full of them..lol

tys88r
03-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Good Job!!! Turned out really clean!:devil:

Now... You ready to hit the dunes!! :blah:

leatherface
03-08-2009, 04:20 PM
well man, i think your ocd and complete attention to detail really made this thing sing man. congratulations on a job well done. wait till all of you get to hear it in video. it sounds just as good as it looks and it blows smoke rings:)

Creech52
03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Thats just ridiculous, forget QOTM, try QOTY(ear)

Well done, I love the red and black theme. I gotta say it, your bike gives me wood. :devil:

wilkin250r
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
What's the ignition system? Is that blue sparkplug wire from an aftermarket coil?

pdxbigfoot
03-08-2009, 11:43 PM
It is an ignition off a 2002 CR250 and the wire is a clipped thick guage automotive.
I had to run the automotive because the stock CR was to short because of my coil placement. Coil placement was weird due to my steering stabalizer mounts under the tank.

Master LTR450
03-09-2009, 02:01 AM
DAMN that thing is ugly as hell!!! haha just playing J looks awesome bro, cant wait to see it with the nice cf shrouds and parts. But all in all i am with everyone else, it is with out a doubt the baddest stock framed r i have ever seen. But get yourself that aftermarket frame or have arlen build you one and then you will be there with me, dan, 312, and that jealous ugly *** laeger in ky!! :devil: just playing fellas but check your pm's j and give me a shout tommorow!!

xsr_racing28c
03-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Good lookin' quad man! This is Jay @ FourWerx. I can't wait to see the new CF on there!

Keep up the good work man! ~Jay

mcboomport
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
The pic's turned out so good jason! Where's the naughty pics! haha.. Its obvious, but man, I don't think I've seen someone put so much heart and soul into a project like this in a long time! Great job, I'm glad I got to see it transform into this...

pdxbigfoot
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I will get them on tomorrow night and post some more pics. Thank you Jay for being so prompt. Thank you all for the good feedback.

Master LTR450
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Damn you got yours before me!! Haha no big deal but you gonna order a hood now too since I don't think your other ones gonna match?

05LSR250R
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Are you gonna sell those red scoops that are on the quad now?

pdxbigfoot
03-09-2009, 04:02 PM
On the red shrouds and louvers as they are really one of a kind and im lucky to have them.
I will know more after i get the carbon mounted up.

05LSR250R
03-09-2009, 04:10 PM
10-4! Let me know.
Is there a website for the company that fabbed those?

pdxbigfoot
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
And i have seen to lost his number. i can try to re-boot my old phone. It was pretty much him in his decent sized shop.
Hes in Eugene Oregon.
He had 1000's of them and never released them that im aware of. It took me some doing to get a set and i actully came home one day and there was the red set on my door step...Thanx Tony!!!

05LSR250R
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I googled it but came up empty handed for Oregon.

xsr_racing28c
03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Rob,
I sent his parts out saturday and yours went out today. Yours got held up as I needed to finish your hood.

Thanks,jay

woodsracer144
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
ok what kind of exhaust is that? thanks

05LSR250R
03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Looks like an LRD head pipe.
I guess you should call it an LED these days.

pdxbigfoot
03-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Its a hand coned 3 piece. It is a un-released design called the TRX 400 big bore.
It is a really cool design and took Arlan right around 8 hours to build. I opted to leave it raw and there will be no chrome. Its more work keeping it from rusting but the overall effect and performance is worth the extra steps.
The other cool features of the pipe are that each one is different and the pipe will be designed around the customers individual power needs. The head pipe is also machined to fit the exhaust flange exacally.
heres a close up of it..

Cr85rRida
03-09-2009, 11:16 PM
She looks great Bigfoot, I think the stock frame adds a sense of originality to it I was happy to see a stocker on there.

Are those heel guards IMS? I have the same pegs and I would like to pick up a pair. How about the nerfs as well? Thanks

oh yea one more thing have fun getting it dirty cause if you have OCD your gunna be scrubin every bolt with a toothbrush :devil:

pdxbigfoot
03-09-2009, 11:24 PM
I know im going to lay in bed at night and think about all the dirt on it.
The heel guards are IMS/Roll and they had to be tweaked alittle to fit. They are hard to find and i just lost a set on Ebay a couple weeks ago and i had bid 180.00 on them, i think they went for 270.00,
The nerfs are modified DG's that i had to build custom mounts in order to fit with the IMS pegs and guards.

mcarlson1
03-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Absolutely beautiful bike!!!!! It inspires me to keep my stock frame! The pipe is f'ing sik, how big in diameter is it? Cant wait to see those pics with the CF shrouds mounted up, congrats bro.

Thanks,
Mike

pdxbigfoot
03-10-2009, 03:25 PM
18.5" in diameter. It has a very "throaty" sound and the turn down on the silencer like Leatherface stated blow's these big blue smoke rings.

05LSR250R
03-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Did I read that right! 18.5" diameter! What! Thats crazy! 18.5!

03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
Did I read that right! 18.5" diameter! What! Thats crazy! 18.5!

I think he means circumference, not diameter. Lol.

05LSR250R
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
LMAO!....I knew that! I was just teasing a little.:devil:

Aceman
03-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Only a woman might believe those kind of lies about size......

EDIT:;)

^^On second thought, I had to add the edit, I don't want any females sending hate mail.:o

woodsracer144
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Only a woman might believe those kind of lies about size......

EDIT:;)

^^On second thought, I had to add the edit, I don't want any females sending hate mail.:o

i dont know that theres too many on here... lol

pdxbigfoot
03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
The Fourwerx shrouds and ressy guard tonight and i will try to get some pics up late.
Fired her up again today and im almost through the gallon of gas with the Dumond Tech break in oil.
Going to try and cordinate with Mcboomport to head out of town for some low load runs and then to the dyno at Arlans in the next couple weeks.
Updates as they occure.

laeger2fiddyr
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
that bike is AWESOME!!!!

jboz5786
03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
How long did it take you to build this beast?

pdxbigfoot
03-11-2009, 11:12 PM
2 years almost to the day.
If and when i do it all over i will know what to do and what not to do. Its been quite the learning experience.
This build i have feeling will never really stop with an aftermarket chassis and better shocks comming this winter it will constantly evolve.
Im too burnt out to spin wrenches tonight so carbon shroud pics will have to happen tomorrow.
For tonight its chinese food and Monsterquest.

06 Honda 450R
03-11-2009, 11:25 PM
nice 250r, now i might have to build one my self, did you get my pm

pdxbigfoot
03-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Its saying your inbox is still full. Its good to clean out the sent items as well.

dunatic
03-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Jason

Nice build....glad to finally see some pics of it.

norcalduner
03-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
I know im going to lay in bed at night and think about all the dirt on it.

We wont be surprised if you've got that parked inside your bedroom hehehe :devil:

pdxbigfoot
03-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Getting my shrouds and louvers off was a total female dog!!! I had to remove the steering stem in order to get the radiator grill out (i dont remember it being that hard) and it took me about 4hrs.
As far as fitment, the right side was great but the left side was a little tight. I ended up using bonded rubber washers to "suspend" the carbon between some sort of squish.
Im not sure if i like the overall look yet but i think it will grow on me.

As far as the rear master cylinder guard i did the same process and we shall see how well it holds up.
My red shrouds with the custom stainless Honda "h's" are a really great set up with alot of coverage and air direction so im not sold on this set up yet...what do you guys think??

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics.

pdxbigfoot
03-13-2009, 03:20 AM
right

pdxbigfoot
03-13-2009, 03:20 AM
left

pdxbigfoot
03-13-2009, 03:21 AM
master

05LSR250R
03-13-2009, 05:33 AM
I like the old shrouds better.
I thought the new shrouds would be shaped like the originals.
BTW..........I dont think anything can make that bike look bad!:cool:

xsr_racing28c
03-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Looks great man! When you get some Hi-res pics, send them thru email. :D

JaY

Honda 250r 001
03-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Holy **** man, that is the best looking 250r i have EVER seen, its not like every one elses Like the exhaust and rad shrouds are just a few of the things that make that R F uckin bad ***. seriously though that thing i SO cool.

jhtrx250r
03-13-2009, 01:31 PM
I like the new shrouds better.
I think thats a better fit for your bike.
cant wait untill we can get out and tear up the hills in sandy!

dunatic
03-13-2009, 04:30 PM
that bike needs to sit in a showroom. the time is would take to clean it up from a dirt trip would make me never want to ride it again.

thats why I ride the sand.....it falls off easy and doesnt stain the paint

mcarlson1
03-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I like the new shrouds, they look really really good. When you say you had to use rubber washers did you use them between the shrouds and the frame or between the bolt and shroud? Im a little confused about it, if you could please explain to me what you had to do exactly i would really appreciate it. Also how is the quality of everything?

Thanks,
Mike

pdxbigfoot
03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Thank you all for your compliments and hopefully your votes.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=389300
I have been really busy and havent had to much time to tinker with her.
I should be able to get on the dyno by this time next week and will update the thread as soon as i get the results.
Good to see 312R and dunatic in there as well...keep the almighty R alive boyz!!!!
Thanx again.
Jason

05LSR250R
03-24-2009, 08:44 PM
I missed the entry this month! I'll be puttin my R in there next month! For Sure!

pdxbigfoot
03-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Its neck and neck so for those of you that havent voted please do, so we can keep a 250R on top for 2 months in a row.
Master next month??
Laeger n kentucky next month??
Dtowndiesel...??
lets knock the 4 strokes down a notch.
Thank you all for the votes...i appreciate it.
!!
Jason

dtowndiesel
03-28-2009, 09:54 PM
It's easy to do, so get out and vote, if you already cast your vote register under another name!!! DO NOT let a yamaha win!!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=67

norcalduner
03-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Damn, if I could vote for yours, 312's and dunatic ..... I would've coz I truly believe all your quads are badass. But ya got my vote today Jason :)

pdxbigfoot
03-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Account beacause they had a problem in the past with people doing just that and sweeping the poll.
I really think that it would be cool to have the R win 2 months in a row and with the big boys bikes almost done there could be a 3-5 month sweep.
Thank you all once again.
jason

oldschoolr
03-29-2009, 07:56 AM
wow and i thought i was a freak..qotm dec 07.. nice job man that thing is to clean to ride..that should win quad of the year...

05LSR250R
03-29-2009, 08:04 AM
We cant have pdxbigfoot get beat by someone named buttmusk!

Bad enough its a Yamahahahaha!

pdxbigfoot
03-29-2009, 01:30 PM
I really wish i could change my screen name cause pdxbigfoot is what i use for well...bigfoot sites.
I would lose my status as a senior member and a patron though so i guess im stuck with it.
Once again another part of this project i should of thought of differently the 1st time (my build changed direction a few times).

On a side note i have been talkin to my metal fab guy and the next step with my build is going to be a custom frame.

Out of..... TITANIUM!!!!
Plans to start this next week...stay tuned.

05LSR250R
03-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Does he have experience welding Titanium? I know it took Lonestar quite some time to find a good source for their Titanium supply. Something about the inconsistency of the grades they were receiving from one supplier. Cant wait to see this frame coming together. Will you be able to post pics for us as it progresses or is that top secret?

pdxbigfoot
03-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Hes experienced with Ti. He fabicates for MotoCyz and they have developed a very unique moto GP liter bike.
He has access to a purging booth as well but right now its in the B.S.ing stage.
We are going to try and sit down with Arlan this week and pick his brain then get the ball rolling.
I will document the whole process...wish me luck...im going to need it.

Creech52
03-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Sounds interesting and bada**. Do you plan to cover the frame in color ?

I wish my project was going together as the final version so I can join in the qotm take over festivities, but for now Im just throwing it together for the summer, and plan to do it right next winter.

Then its on to the Leager project (thanks steve)

03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
yeah that thing is just amazing. Damn I love 250r's just dont like owning a 2 stroke. If I had to though no doubt 250r. I hope to pick one up someday just for a change to have both 400ex and 250r.

leager-n-ky
03-31-2009, 08:29 PM
QOTM, CONGRAT'S......................................... ..............

05LSR250R
03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
QOTM! You definitely deserved it! Really nice build!

pdxbigfoot
03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
I REALLY appreciate everyones support, knowledge, advise, inspiration, and votes.
Lets keep the ball rolling with even more R's in the next months.

Lets get all the aftermarket companies attention!!!
Maybe others like Jay at Fourwerx will take heed and realize that there is still a strong following to the all mighty R and start making products again.
How cool would it be for 6-7 months of 09's QOTM to be held by the R??
Lets get together and make it happen boyz!!!!

Master your next!!!

Thank you all again!!!
Jason

leatherface
03-31-2009, 10:47 PM
congrats man. youve earned it. all your hard work to keep the R on top is great for all of us.

Honda 250r 001
04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
man i wish i had enough money to make my R as good as yours. where can i get an exhaust like that?

xsr_racing28c
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey congrats man on the QOTM! Good to see your R up there! Definately deserves it!

Jay

pdxbigfoot
04-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Finally got her strapped down and on the wheel.

She ended up making 57.6 peak HP at 7900 RPM and 42.6 FT LB's of torque at 5700 RPM.

Its a trippy experience especially with Arlan at the throttle....hes a crazed mad scientist...HA!!

We are going to do some experiments with carburation and exhaust cone styles in the following month to chase that 60 and smooth out the curve.
I will post the actual curves and numbers in the next couple days after i get them scanned.
As always thanx to Arlan, everyone here and my boyz in PDX.

Heres some vids.......enjoy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-S1yWuIh0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEiEFiYKeqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLw57rS-n4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dSnMgu39-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ipdrGYoYA

factoryX
04-15-2009, 04:33 AM
lol are there even atv tracks in the portlan area? where do you ride? I just from there to bend, or. and I have looked every where for one...

mfr422
04-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Jason,
awesome build and vids, I love to see the "mad professor" at work. congrats on Q of the month you deserve it!!:D Now get us some RIDE pics, lol

leager-n-ky
08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Jason, Has there been anymore progress here, NEW FRAME?????

pdxbigfoot
08-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Well i almost had a frame. I bought Tys88R's LSR but my Roll pegs wouldnt fit and after 2 days he gave me back my money....man i tell ya what a guy!!! Major props!
Right now i have been pretty busy with work at Led Performance with Arlan.
Next Thursday i plan on changing the rear part of my expansion chamber to try and straighten out the hit a little and give it more legs.
I will also be changing the clear lexan cover on the Direct Drive to a red lexan.
After riding at Florence for the 1st time ever im sold on the dunes here. Its like a big fluffy motocross track and i caught myself in a zen like trance with a rare feeling of bliss (usually im a high strung, over caffinated, semi- angry person) so it is my new therapy.
Since the first and last time i was at Florence its been all i can think about and i feel as though im having a "reverse mid-life crisi" as i just sold a 298 HP 02 WRX and bought a mini-van....yes a mini-van.
Just picked up a 98 Astro in Honda red and its super clean. Lucretia fits right in the back with room to spare.
Heading down to Florence at the end of the month with Leatherface and Mcboomport.
I will shoot a bunch od high-def footage and post Youtube links. I will also post links to the new dyno runs next week as we shoot for 60+.
Once again thank you to everyone here for the advice, parts and knowledge.

Jason