PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Paint Fox Float Bodies???

ThePhantomRider
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had decided to paint their Fox Floats to color match their quad....I would assume if they were completely disassembled it could be done. If you could PC them even better...

Just throwing it out there, and if it has been done, pictures would be appreciated.

TPR

infantry317
03-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Pappy will probably know better but Paint or powder would not be right for this app. You have a seal that runs on the body of the shock, you basically need a coating that is impregnated into the body tube.
that is if I remember what a Fox Air bodies' build. I think the ends could be pc'ed.

ThePhantomRider
03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I was thinking the smaller tube or shaft tube would have to stay the normal color...I was thinking about the outer tube, resivoir and evol chambers....

I believe all that done in white (or any color for that matter) would look sweet....

TPR

Colby@C&DRacing
03-09-2009, 08:53 AM
You could do the parts you listed but the main body or shaft body as you said would have to stay the way it is. Although I would question heat tranfer through the coating it may hold in the heat.

ThePhantomRider
03-10-2009, 03:15 PM
You have a point about heat transfer...I guess the only way to do it while letting it "breathe" would be anodizing it. Then you'd have wear and fade...

Just thinking out loud, thanks.

TPR

Colby@C&DRacing
03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
I think it could look cool. TCS used to anodize their shocks different colors. Lets you match your shocks to your bikes color scheme

Pappy
03-11-2009, 08:51 AM
If its plastic or composite, paint

If its aluminum or alloy- have it anodized

If you could find a company near you, water immersion/hydro-graphic process would be what I would recommend for any carbon/plastic parts. (same process all the camo stuff you see on parts/guns etc is done in) Tons of color/graphic options, even carbon :p

ThePhantomRider
03-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I was thinking about the next project I would do...since I am a desert/dune guy I figured when the funds pick up, in these economic times you can get some real good deals...I was thinking about going old school and doing a nice, clean 250r...tear it completely down and do a full restoration, customization so that my way it is my vision....

Wanting to do something in an all white scheme...PC frame and lower arms in white with chrome uppers...send the motor to ESR and do a 330 kit, while apart, have the cases painted white, polish the barrel, anodize bits and pieces in red and polish the rest...some white plastics maybe even white carbon...so the shocks would either have to be figured out or just go with another brand and have them anodized red with white PC springs...

Still in the thinking process...

TPR