View Full Version : 400EX Namura Tech piston kit

sictrxr
03-06-2009, 02:46 PM
has anyone ever used these, are the junk, is it worth savin $90 fron wiesco?

Homerx
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by sictrxr
has anyone ever used these, are the junk, is it worth savin $90 fron wiesco?

General concensus is there junk.

CK1999.400ex
03-06-2009, 11:06 PM
i have 1 in my original 1999 400ex motor ... its been in there for over a year and is still running fine .... dont listine to people that are telling you cause they dont know till they try it and i have tried it and they work fine!!!! they are a cast piston and are rated the same as the stock honda pistons ..... wiseco pistons are forged and are harder than the cast pistond but they hold more heat and swell when they get hot and ware out sooner and ware the cylinder out sooner ... the 400ex runs hot to begin with so i dont use the wiseco ... cause the will cause more heat and friction !!!

rideracelivemx7
03-07-2009, 07:54 PM
)here the chepest piston ive ever used, we have a 80s traileblazxer qtv that we beat on and there unmarked completely and put 1 in and fried it becuase it was backwards and you cant tell it sucked, there so cheap quality, wiseco is the meaning of quality, you get what you payfor, i buy nothing but the best for my stuff, you are what you ride:)

honda400ex2003
03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I have had good luck with my wiseco. I have heard they are junk but try it i guess, steve

Black R/T
03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by rideracelivemx7
) i buy nothing but the best for my stuff, you are what you ride:)

WTF??? :confused:
does that mean im a 450r??:ermm:

honda400ex2003
03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
no, he said that most likely you are pretty cheap if you are running a cheap piston instead of spending the extra 20 or whatever to get good stuff. you are out to find the cheapest stuff and therefore you may have to settle for less when you are not satified with the outcome. I say try the piston and see how it works, heck it is only a new bore and piston you can get a new one for oh what a couple of hundy. That is not bad. you may pay later for scimping now. Maybe it will work great and you will love it, go for it and tell us how it is. good luck with the buy steve:blah: