PDA

View Full Version : 05 DRR upgrade

quad313
03-06-2009, 09:56 AM
have a stock 05 50cc DRR - what is the best upgrade I can do to get a touch more power. I was thinking of going to a larger carb, it has a 16mm on it now.

Son is 6 this will be his first year racing, just want a touch more power.

Thanks for any input -

lauvrayracing
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
You would have to provide more information. If it is truly stock, you could do a numerous amount of things but may be limited if competing in the limited class. Limited class you could port OEM cylinder, upgrade the clutch, unlimited rev CDI, and gearing changes is about the only things that may be changed. As far as carb, most will say the 16 is the most reliable in tuning. You also have to run what was stock on that model. Not sure what the 05 had as the stock option. Hope this helps. There are several people on here who have a lot more knowledge then I do. Hopefully they can help you out. Good luck.

quad313
03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I dont see us doing any Nationals.

The local classes are not that way, you can run about what ever you want.

The spring were changed in the Clutch and I'm adding a UNI filter in place of the K&N style.

If he stick wiht it he'll have a new one for next year.

riding4fun
03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Both Polini and Malossi have air cooled cylinders that are very nice.

drxracing
03-06-2009, 08:49 PM
pipe/clutch and air filter

bulldogfallon
03-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Following the correct advice on a 50 is more critical than with other size quads.

All things need to match up and make sense together.

Please don't take random pieces of advice or you will be slower and more frustrated....

With a 50, a correct choice is one step forward and a wrong choice is 5 steps backwards.

FYI-I wouldn't change that carb just yet..

You will find that most of the power you need is almost free....Just tuning your cvt correctly will make sure that you are using the power you have at your disposal.

Most 50 cvts are not tuned properly.....I have seen so many that are just thrown together, but really not tuned correctly.

The advice provided must match the current set up you have...I worked on 2 different 50s at the track Saturday night....both required 2 totally different set ups...both were stock units.

Good Luck with your 50

Seat time and training on fundamentals will make more gains than more motor. IMO

03-08-2009, 08:13 PM
i can sell you a hetrick cylinder and give you a good starting point for your clutch you can call tomorrow or pm me 717 582 7250