View Full Version : help me out!

kfx400i
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey guys well i noticed a couple of times when i would ride that something was smoking, well i have oil slowly dripping on the exhaust header when i ride and i finally found out what it was..and its a black plastic thing located below the gas tank behind the motor right below the side fender..it has the hoses leading to it.. ive searched everywhere and cant figure out what the hell it is..can someone please help me out..

kfx400i
03-05-2009, 05:19 PM
heres where its located..btw this isnt my bike.
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo31/skyscraper38/bradz400.jpg

ifixtheyride
03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
It's called the oil return tank. There is a hose on top that connects to the top of the valve cover and one on the bottom that connects to bottom of cylinder check them for cracks or make sure clips are in place. There is a third hose that comes out the back on top that connects to the carb I believe this is just a breather.

kfx400i
03-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ifixtheyride
It's called the oil return tank. There is a hose on top that connects to the top of the valve cover and one on the bottom that connects to bottom of cylinder check them for cracks or make sure clips are in place. There is a third hose that comes out the back on top that connects to the carb I believe this is just a breather.

ok, i put new clips on earlier and didnt help. i think its leaking on the side of it. so i jb welded it(plastic jb weld). im letting it dry over night and going to check it out tomorow.

btw, what is this thing used for?.

ifixtheyride
03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
your guess is as good as mine all I know is its the return tank. I have an FCR carb on mine so the breather hose is not even connected to anything and it doesn't leak. I don't see any harm in JB weld hope one of the seams didn't split on ya.

kfx400i
03-06-2009, 11:36 AM
i think where its seamed together is where it split on me. so i jb welded it. hope that was it. because ive searched the internet and cannot find nothing on this thing.