PDA

View Full Version : What would you Recommend?

T-Time12
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Alright so i have been looking into buying a quad and super found of the can ams.. i do a lot of trail type riding. I cant decide between the ds450 or the renegade 500. any suggestions?
javascript:smilie(':confused:')

Aussie_YFZ450
03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
If your considering a renegade, look at the 800, the 500 is grossly underpowered.

Mr. Big Time
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Personally if I were you, and not racing but just trail riding, I would go to Polaris dealer and find a predator or outlaw 500, not 525, but the 500. The price has been brought down on the left overs almost to dealer price. Most dealerships still have a few left. There a great bike for trail riding, and for dune riding. I loved the bike for rec riding, just not for racing.

T-Time12
03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Thats were i get tied up. I do want to ride at a track every now and then. So your saying that the 450 just isnt a good trail quad? or of trail>?

crixal
03-05-2009, 06:30 PM
450s a good in the trails. people who say they're not are just not very good riders. if you want a 450, i'd say get one.

TNT
03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Get the DS450 XC, we will have 500 engine kits available within a few weeks if you think you need more power there is plenty and much more w/mods. Falicon has 6mm stroker cranks if you want more...The head is common to the V1000, it has high air flow if you know what your doing you can make this quad VERY powerful!! You can adjust this quad to handle any riding, it's very versatile.

PM me if you need info on the kits or where there is a xc model in stock...you won't be disappointed in Can-am, best technology in the world.....look at their aircraft, watercraft, street bikes, no other OEM has it's hands on so many platforms and does it well!!

BRP has the biggest incentive and discounts in the industry. You can get upgraded 08 w/ 09 kits or 09's dirt cheap!

Ps: theres a thread below you fill a from out that will tap you into the BRP discount programs or ask your dealer, apply for it before you purchase, anyone is eligible. I just bumped it to the top for you. :D

ProspectorJim
03-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by T-Time12
Thats were i get tied up. I do want to ride at a track every now and then. So your saying that the 450 just isnt a good trail quad? or of trail>?

Its a great trail quad, you just have to turn it around with you're arms a few times.:D

mebcop
03-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by TNT1
Get the DS450 XC, we will have 500 engine kits available within a few weeks if you think you need more power there is plenty and much more w/mods. Falicon has 6mm stroker cranks if you want more...The head is common to the V1000, it has high air flow if you know what your doing you can make this quad VERY powerful!! You can adjust this quad to handle any riding, it's very versatile.

PM me if you need info on the kits or where there is a xc model in stock...you won't be disappointed in Can-am, best technology in the world.....look at their aircraft, watercraft, street bikes, no other OEM has it's hands on so many platforms and does it well!!

BRP has the biggest incentive and discounts in the industry. You can get upgraded 08 w/ 09 kits or 09's dirt cheap!

Ps: theres a thread below you fill a from out that will tap you into the BRP discount programs or ask your dealer, apply for it before you purchase, anyone is eligible. I just bumped it to the top for you. :D

VERY interested in the 500 kit!!!! Let me know when and how much!

TNT
03-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mebcop
VERY interested in the 500 kit!!!! Let me know when and how much!

Ok will do, we got the sleeve just waiting on CP to make the high compression piston, I think we ended up with a 102mm bore from 98 and cylinder wall sleeve thickness that allows us to go 105mm/520 cc's later if we want. I'll post pics when it's available.

mebcop
03-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by TNT1
Ok will do, we got the sleeve just waiting on CP to make the high compression piston, I think we ended up with a 102mm bore from 98 and cylinder wall sleeve thickness that allows us to go 105mm/520 cc's later if we want. I'll post pics when it's available.

I'm surprised that the big bore kit for this quad is a larger piston.... the piston vs stroke already seems oversized.... but what do I know (nothing)