PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tnt1

andiboy123
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
hey tnt that sensor on the air box ? i just took it out of the box and plug it back , its that ok ? or that will afect something on my engine?

TNT
03-05-2009, 11:14 AM
That sensor it's ok, it's your Air Sensor but don't do that to the Throttle Position Sensor on the throttle body since it gets calibrated to the butterfly valve to it's opening and you may have to go to the dealers computer to do it, BUDDs. :D

Also a good idea to spray some dielectric grease on connectors you can get at the autostore, it's made for electrical.

andiboy123
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by TNT1
That sensor it's ok, it's your Air Sensor but don't do that to the Throttle Position Sensor on the throttle body since it gets calibrated to the butterfly valve to it's opening and you may have to go to the dealers computer to do it, BUDDs. :D

Also a good idea to spray some dielectric grease on connectors you can get at the autostore, it's made for electrical.
thanks, dont worrie i dont even look at the throtle

andiboy123
03-06-2009, 07:43 AM
ALSO , ARE YOU RUNNIGN YOUR STOCK A ARMS OR YOU ARE GOING TO UP GRADE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO UPGRADE CONTACT ME

TNT
03-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Interesting you should ask…..just yesterday Houser who we have been sponsored by for years sends us a free banner and decal kit I'm guessing worth $100 w/shipping free, normally we have to buy decals from sponsors, go figure!

I have no plans at this time to replace the 09 arms, the look well designed and are made out of steel so no need. I'm sure I will get a least a season out of them and if I need new ones I am firm believer in sticking with the same geometry on arms the frame was designed to. If I find out later the stock arms are designed poorly and fail in less than a season, preferable two, I will look at some after markets that are at least close to the same geometry as stock.

I have seen some rediculous BRP pricing like on stock rims they want $500 per/rim and they are back ordered and hard to get a hold of….I would not pay that for those rims, I'd go to Hyper's. If the I find the same crazy pricing and availability issues on BRP arms when I need them after market it is.

PS: I will have some 09 KYB's(front/rear) new shocks used once not even broke in yet for sale in a few weeks when our PEPs come in. 30% off retail.

andiboy123
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
its ok the thing is that i was reading what you wrote about a arms and i thogth since you have a 50 fooy trailer you was going to replace your a arms hehehehe. remember you are mi personal tech, i am planing to race mid seasson of mx here on the island it will be my first time racing mx im more of an off road ,enduro guy here on pr is like that but i use to have a 250r and race on rookie div. race 2 times and sold it. so im planing race my 08 an planing to sell it to see if i can get an 09, but i have money to buy some a arms but you said that 08 frames wsnt desing for that wide but if you do something do 09 arms.

the shocks are 09 mx shocks? pm price to avoid any bids hehehe

consider houser and sell me the arms, i will create a tnt1 sticker as my sponsor teck!!!!!!!

TNT
03-06-2009, 12:08 PM
No buddy let me straighten out the confussion. The 08 frame IS designed right to the 08 arms your ok especially for a beginner to advanced racer….Your 08 is all you need to get started racing don't waste your money….Go get lots of seat time racing then later as you get better you can get wider a-arms, 2" wider 09 arms. What I was saying is when you widen the arms and the axle to 09's 2 more inches wide if you are a PRO, you MIGHT bend the frame just like any frame people that change the geometry take a risk and these days these 09 quads some 08's come with steel long travel arms and shocks so we don't got to buy them. Even the more advanced non-pro racers if you buy any arms I would buy the stock 09 arms because the geometry of the arms has been designed by BRP to work with their frame. If you get after market arms try and choose ones close to the same geometry and the stock a-arms.

I heard yesterday BRP is offering 09 upgrade kits for the 08, has all the recalls and service bulletins, 09 arms, clutch, etc for cheaper than buying an 09. Call Devin he can tell you more. You got his number.

Man I wish I was on a island in PR or the Bahama's right now…..lol!

andiboy123
03-06-2009, 12:32 PM
heheeh yeah bro i dont change my island for nothing hehehe we have a beach 3 minutes from the practice track, we go to a place rigth on the beach to have a nice day and drag a lil and we party like a rockstar heheheh

since im starting, im doing my training to race in july, i was thinking that withen the ride on front will bring ti closer to the floor and get more stable, but i fell real nice my ride bc stock suspencion come set up to my weigth 165, i have no coach im doing this for fun but you know what hapend if you sometnihg you do for fun get good at it hehee

i will begging stock wide and practice like that and have my race like that then as the time pass i will upgrade if i need to i will go and get my pc3 and set my ride to the best posible at it is

DGS
03-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey Andiboy123,
You try not post pics of you riding without a helmet..!!! Its not good for quad riders to be seen without the proper gear on...it gives all riders a bad image...I am not dissing u just want you to understand the reasoning..!!! Safety first bro...

Good luck for your racing..!!!

andiboy123
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by DGS
Hey Andiboy123,
You try not post pics of you riding without a helmet..!!! Its not good for quad riders to be seen without the proper gear on...it gives all riders a bad image...I am not dissing u just want you to understand the reasoning..!!! Safety first bro...

Good luck for your racing..!!!
done.......

TNT
03-07-2009, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by andiboy123
heheeh yeah bro i dont change my island for nothing hehehe we have a beach 3 minutes from the practice track, we go to a place rigth on the beach to have a nice day and drag a lil and we party like a rockstar heheheh

since im starting, im doing my training to race in july, i was thinking that withen the ride on front will bring ti closer to the floor and get more stable, but i fell real nice my ride bc stock suspencion come set up to my weigth 165, i have no coach im doing this for fun but you know what hapend if you sometnihg you do for fun get good at it hehee

i will begging stock wide and practice like that and have my race like that then as the time pass i will upgrade if i need to i will go and get my pc3 and set my ride to the best posible at it is

Yeah the lower you can get your ride height the better for cornering.....you can do this several ways but the best way is the springs on your shocks. Since the DS has a lot of rake (lower front frame goes up for ground clearance) you can run the ground clearance level or 1/4 inch higher in front. For mx with large jumps at your weight try 7 1/2 in front and 7 1/4 in rear. Can't remember if you got rebound on the 08 shocks but if you slow it down the quad will stay lower but not so slow your shocks pack up in the whoops or land jumps hard. Run that for a while then get some LT travel arms when you get real good at cornering and feel tippy.

Looks like a nice Island. :D

Blizzard24
03-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by TNT1
Yeah the lower you can get your ride height the better for cornering.....you can do this several ways but the best way is the springs on your shocks. Since the DS has a lot of rake (lower front frame goes up for ground clearance) you can run the ground clearance level or 1/4 inch higher in front. For mx with large jumps at your weight try 7 1/2 in front and 7 1/4 in rear. Can't remember if you got rebound on the 08 shocks but if you slow it down the quad will stay lower but not so slow your shocks pack up in the whoops or land jumps hard. Run that for a while then get some LT travel arms when you get real good at cornering and feel tippy.

Looks like a nice Island. :D

The 08's do have rebound on the rear.