PDA

View Full Version : New handlebars what to do w/ key & lights?

KevinAb
03-05-2009, 07:54 AM
With the new bars the crossbar doesn't leave enough room for the plastic box for the key and neutral reverse lights. Just wondering what others have done. I fabbed up this little plate to mount them on.

Any other ideas?

BigLuke
03-05-2009, 08:34 AM
actually that looks good. there are some companies that make a bracket almost like yours to hold the switch and lights.

BossHogg420
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
i have all 3 of mine zip tied to the other cables coming up on the bars......u cant even notice their there when looking at the quad and i can still see the lights and get to the key easy....saved $$$$ not having to buy a bracket or cut holes in my plastic...unless u can fab ur own bracket

03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by BossHogg420
i have all 3 of mine zip tied to the other cables coming up on the bars......u cant even notice their there when looking at the quad and i can still see the lights and get to the key easy....saved $$$$ not having to buy a bracket or cut holes in my plastic...unless u can fab ur own bracket

Not a bad idea... Mine came with a plastic piece, but I like the clean look so I might do something like this. Got pics?

racerdan24
03-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Heres mine....had to drill one extra hole for the reverse light...fairly easy

matt14c
03-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I took a forstner bit dont remember the size and put the key on the right side through the plastics. It clips in just like it does in its current spot. As for the light I took a small piece of sheet metal and drilled two holes one for the light and one to fit a bolt from the handlebar clamps and put it there. Before careful if you drill the sides that you dont go into your gas tank and any electrical or lines.

KevinAb
03-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Dan, nice work. That looks sweet. What did you do from the front view?

Mine was just a piece of scrap plate I found in the garage, some tin snips, drill and a dremel tool, nothing to it. It could be temporary, that's why I'd like to see some other pics. I didn't want to drill the plastics until I knew it was finished.

I do miss having the original plastic covering the front view of the bars though. Any ideas on that? Any pics?

buster024
03-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Modquad makes a nice chrome bar clamp that fit's over those SE bars. I've got it on my '05. Sorry for the bad pic, it's an old one, but you get the gist.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/buster024/armpics005.jpg

BossHogg420
03-07-2009, 01:01 AM
suicide dont have pics of it on my comp but ill take some tom for ya.....

BossHogg420
03-07-2009, 01:02 AM
ok take that back heres one of the front of it

BossHogg420
03-07-2009, 01:02 AM
if u used black zip ties like i did on the right u wouldnt even notice it