PDA

View Full Version : motor problem

custom R
03-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Ok so I just rebuilt my top end I was breakin it in I did my heat cycles rode real easy around the neighbor hood never above 1/2 throttle after the second tank of gas went ridin at my property and started workin the rpms up by rollin on the gas and rollin back off all was good till I got to a full throttle run it bogged and locked up for a second I pulled in the clutch, stopped, gave it a kick, started fine, temp was 160 so I rode a little more everything seemed good till I tried to strech it out again. same thing locked the tires up for a second and fired right back up no loss of power ran fine then a while later I tried to get to full power it did it again this time lost alot of comp so I quit so im pretty sure the pistons toast

but my question is do you it was set up to tight the guy at the shop said he had the piston clearence at .002 seemed a little tight to me

all I can figure is when I was in the upper rpms the piston was heatin up a little more and didnt have the room to expand at all does this make sense

86 Quad R
03-05-2009, 06:41 AM
when ya put the engine together did ya do a leakdown test? and did you do a WOT plug chop on it?

kit bazile
03-05-2009, 09:59 AM
mine did that before and it sounds like you sucking air around the crank seals

custom R
03-05-2009, 05:35 PM
I had the shop put it together I needed a bore job anyway so I just took the motor to him and he did a leakdown test on it and said it was good

I never got to wide open to do a plug chop

a friend riding with me said it had a lite smoke coming out but not bad and he is familiar with two stokes so im assuming it was slightly rich and it was jetted for no airbox lid and i had the lid on figuring it would be good to have it slightly rich for breakin anyway

If it was sucking air through the seals would'nt it be sucking gear oil into the crank