PDA

View Full Version : engine stalls out?

jmorgan
03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
my 400ex has been sitting for awhile now and i got it started. but after a few minutes of riding or getting on hit hard the engine stalls right out. it acts like its under load in high gear or the engine is trying to seize up. i start it up and runs just fine. anyone have anything like this happen? could it be the clutch or could my motor actually seize up.

Choppers
03-04-2009, 07:38 PM
could be a dirty carb. aka jets or maybe stuck needle allowing gas to flood it out

03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
how long was it sitting? I had bad gas once it even smelled funny. Before deciding it was bad gas I tried playing with the jets every setting possible and it wouldnt run right. I said the funny smell and it wont run right for anything after cleaning the carb and all it must be bad gas. I drained the tank and got new gas, put it back to the settings before and it was perfectly fine.

jmorgan
03-05-2009, 04:37 AM
it had been sitting for about 6 months. i cleaned the carb and put new gas in it. it has a horrible sound like when your low oil and the clutches grab when starting off. i just realized the fuel line is really hard and has a kink in it,i will replace it and see what happens. thanks for the reply