PDA

View Full Version : Best way to paint your frame?

motox92
03-04-2009, 06:43 PM
I want to paint my frame black along with a arms. I don't want to spend that much money to get it powder coated. Anybody have any ideas how to do it?

I have a paint gun for my air compressor.

Could I prime my frame, then paint it black with a couple coats, then a couple coats of clear coat??? Or would this look like total s***.

Any body ever done it before??

billyboy93
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
powder coat is the only way 2 go regular paint will chip and crack. powerder coat wont

crxjarred
03-04-2009, 07:03 PM
well couple guys on this other site im on they painted theres with spray paint and they primed and painted it good tho and put a couple coats of clear on it and they put skid plates and they sayed it worked out good im guna do it that way eventualy

BigRed44
03-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree that powdercoating is 10x better than painting but i have seen painted frames and parts hold up a lot better then expected. I am currently in the process of rebuilding a 200x and decided to go with the rattle can method due to funding. I'm still not completely finished and havent had a chance to put it to the test yet but i can say that i cant even chip it with my thumb nail and thats good enough for me. If you decide to use a spray gun and quality paint i'm sure you'll be happy with the results, just be sure to do some research on frame painting and compare pricing as to whether its worth the time to paint now if you plan to powdercoat in the future. You might be better off just biting the bullet now. Your choice. Here is a pick of how mine turned out so far.

motox92
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Not bad looking. Im thinking im going to paint mine, still deciding what color =P