PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to find the original owner of your untitled bike

rappin_ernie
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi,
I just bought a Raptor 660 and want to get it titled. The notary told me I need a bill of sale ( have that ) and the consent of the last registered owner.

How can I find who the quad is registered to? The guy I bought it off of doesn't know, so I'm sort of lost here. The VIN is clean, it is not stolen or anything, the title was just lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

dsherw00d
03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Depends on what state you are in - sounds like you are in Ohio or PA? It's harder in some states then otheres. In NY, I could just take a VIN trace and some extra papers to register it. I would have to wait 6-8 weeks, but I would eventually get it. NY don't have titles for ATVs.

You might be able to get the DMV to run a report for you. In NY they charge you $15. I'm not sure what info is provided though. They should know who the PO was, but they might not be able to tell you.

rappin_ernie
03-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I live in PA. I know it was registered too because it had dated registration stickers in it (2004). I peeled them off and threw them away when I bought it though...

tessa
04-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Did you have any luck getting a title? I too live in PA and one of my wheelers was purchased years ago through a friend. I want to take it on the trails now but have no bill of sale or info on who owned before the person I bought it from.

rappin_ernie
04-05-2009, 10:28 PM
No, I never did. I actually sold the quad.... Sorry.