PDA

View Full Version : help!!??

redpowerhrc450r
03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I need a CDI box bad. I am looking for a aftermarket one:) really bad. I can bounce it off the reff limiter first threw fourth when i race and out on the dunes way to fast. Does anyone have one they want to sell me? Thanks.

ds268
03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
In the mean time, sounds like you need to work on your shift timing. If you've already done the hrc kit or the wire mod, there is no reason to rev it any higher. There is a reason there is a rev limiter at that point -- you're running out of power.

andrew450r
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
getting a rev box was the worst thing i ever bought for my quad

ds268
03-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by andrew450r
getting a rev box was the worst thing i ever bought for my quad

That's interesting. No one I know even bothers to look into them unless it's a full out drag quad where they need finess tuning with ignition. They seem to run just fine on the factory box. So how did it affect your quad?

redpowerhrc450r
03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ds268
That's interesting. No one I know even bothers to look into them unless it's a full out drag quad where they need finess tuning with ignition. They seem to run just fine on the factory box. So how did it affect your quad?

Well do you ride at the dunes cause thats where i ride the most. And it just hits it really easy and it hits it and loses power so i am buying a big gun rev box that pushes it 1750 over stock rev limit.

spencer_shinn
03-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by redpowerhrc450r
i am buying a big gun rev box that pushes it 1750 over stock rev limit.

let me know how you like that Rev box. i WAS going to buy it but bought a K&N filter & powerlid.
they made a pretty good difference...
think it would be good for me to get one?

ds268
03-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by redpowerhrc450r
Well do you ride at the dunes cause thats where i ride the most. And it just hits it really easy and it hits it and loses power so i am buying a big gun rev box that pushes it 1750 over stock rev limit.

Yes, in fact all my riding takes place at the dunes. I don't have a problem with the rev limiter at all. Maybe if I was running knobbies where it would rap out in every gear but I run 21x11x8 skat-trak haulers and seems to put just the right amount of load to make the engine work. As for mods, I just run the standard HRC kit with stock exhaust.

andrew450r
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ds268

You gotta remember that the stock rev limiter is there for a reason. well i bought mine, gave a good amount of power for the little amount off mony i cost, but i endend up blowing up my brand new 450r because of it

Its cheap horse power, but we all know horse power doesnt come cheap. if you need more top end, just change your sproket size. i wouldnt get one, unles if i have a full out race quad and need every drop of hp i can get outta my motor

ds268
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by andrew450r
You gotta remember that the stock rev limiter is there for a reason.

That was my exact point in my first post. The engine isn't made to rev any higher than what the factory intended unless you have a big cam, springs, bla bla bla and you're so far past the stock configuration that it is still making power at 10 thousand rpm.

If you're pinning the limiter so fast that you can't make your shifts, then you need to adjust either traction or gearing, or both. I've never had any problem while riding in the dunes. Be sure to get enough tire to put the engine to work.

andrew450r
03-07-2009, 01:43 PM
ive heard of people who ride trails actualy running rev boxes that drop the rev limiter.

the only time you should ever hit the rev limiter, is if you race and need power in order to get to the next jump, or a panic rev.