PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Adventure World

sprayedgt
03-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Anyone going this Saturday the 7th?

trx250rider
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
no but im probably going to try and get a group together to go in about two weeks...or as soon as i get my engine back

sprayedgt
03-05-2009, 05:25 PM
I'll most likely be there that weekend too. I try to make the 2hr drive at least twice a month when the weather is nice. I'm hoping it's still rally muddy with all the rain/snow we had this week.

shane071489
03-06-2009, 10:57 PM
yall going up there tommorow? is it any good? ive never been up there yet its not far from me were planning a trip to durhamtown for the 14th and thinking about going to tnt motorsports yall ever been?

sprayedgt
03-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Yup. Me and my gf will be getting there about 9am. I've been to Durhamtown. I wasn't too happy with it. Durhamtown is more for dirt bike since every trail is really a wide service road. We blew through that place, and I mean every trail, in under 3hrs! You may like it though. Carolina absolutely blows Durhamtown away in every way possible. Over 100 miles of trails on 2,600 acres. Everything from easy green trails to black extreme. 2 MX tracks, 1 big and 1 small oval track, a drag strip. It is the best thing going in the southeast. You really need to check it out.

shane071489
03-08-2009, 09:16 AM
See i was told that carolina adventure world was like jusgt huge stuff like had to be balls to the wall just to make the jump and it wasnt even fun to ride ive never been but the guy that told me that was older and doesnt like to jump...so im not sure what to expect imma try to head that way next weekend maybe...where are yall out of?

sprayedgt
03-08-2009, 10:36 AM
If you're talking about the MX tracks, they are not that bad. There are places like that though. They are the single and double black diamond trails. I've rode them before and they are NASTY!! But there are no places on the trails that you have to jump. I've rode every single one at least 25 times. But trust me, if you like some challenging stuff, you will not be disappointed at Carolina. I'm from Greenville, SC btw. We're planning on going next weekend too.

shane071489
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
everyone i knows is going to durhamtown this weekend i wanna go try carolina adventure world first i havent been to either i just ride a lot where im at...imma see what i can do about going to caw instead iono yet how was yalls trip up there this weekend? i wanna practice on a mx track i want a small one i wanna learn about it some on

BossHogg420
03-09-2009, 03:01 AM
spray no offense but you didnt ride all of durhamtown's trails in under three hours..... back when i lived in ga we went there for whole weekends camping out and hardly rode the same trails twice...last time i went in dec of 08 they had one trail that took 3 xc racers nearly an hour to get through. They have over a hundred miles of trails now. and the tracks there are great. the only parts that are service roads are the main loops....they have everything from single track to wide open..and i mean single track quad....bar banging ****....with 5 or 6 mx tracks and a drag strip an fmx course and a flat track, jeep trails, hunting , and fishing.....never been to Carolina world but i saw a segment on Fisher's atv world once and the host talked about how they monitored the speed on the trails and the owner of the place even said on TV it was a place to come and relex on atvs and enjoy the scenic trails that, the trails weren't a race track....although their mx track did look pretty sick. now it might be different there i dont know, but if durhamtown is closer to ya i would def.. spend the weekend there, on top of the amenities the staff is top notch nice people who like to get down at night....especially on slow weekends they have beer pong tournies in the lodge and bands play there sometimes.....real fun scene if thats what ur into...can't beat it!

sprayedgt
03-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I have not a clue how they took over an hour to get through one trail. The place is entirely flat. The 2 trails we did find entertaining were R and U I believe. When I went there we started from one end to the other and rode everything in between. You have to remember, their TOTAL rated mileage is including all of the service roads, not just the trails. The total mileage we put on the ATV's that day was 76 going from one trail to the next as fast as we could. That included countless passes down the drag strip. According to their site they have 60 miles of ATV trails. 80 if you include the ATV/dirt bike trails. And a 7 mile swamp loop. I went with people that normally ride dirt bikes at Durhamtown. Trust me, they knew where they were going. We didn't hit any of the MX tracks because we didn't have chest protectors.

sprayedgt
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by shane071489
everyone i knows is going to durhamtown this weekend i wanna go try carolina adventure world first i havent been to either i just ride a lot where im at...imma see what i can do about going to caw instead iono yet how was yalls trip up there this weekend? i wanna practice on a mx track i want a small one i wanna learn about it some on

Our trip to CAW was crazy!! It was muddy like I've never seen there. Places were rutted out so bad a few of the big 4x4 guys were going around spots. It made me feel good to get my 700xx through what they failed at:D We hit a double black diamond trail that we never went up before. I guess not too many people have either. It was way more steep and rocky than we though. But it was an real challenge and we made it through without a hitch. We're planning on another trip this weekend if the rain holds out. We're hoping that it'll stop before Saturday comes around. Don't let my opinion about Durhamtown sway you from going this weekend. You may like it.

shane071489
03-09-2009, 09:12 PM
im prolly gonna go sunday and ill let ya know what i think

Hornbreaker
03-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Can any one please tell me what it costs to ride the CAW for the 4 of July weekend. Where comming down from N.Y. Thanks

sprayedgt
03-25-2009, 11:09 AM
$25 a day. Go to their website carolinaadventureworld.net and take a look at everything they have to offer.

shane071489
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
my new ltr 450 got put in the shop already they think its something in my clutch sounds like its about to come apart so i havent been anywhere yet as soon as i get it back im heading to caw...i seen that poker run def. wanna try that out

sprayedgt
03-27-2009, 05:25 PM
That sucks dude. We're heading to CAW next saturday. Hope it's still muddy:)

shane071489
03-29-2009, 09:39 PM
is that 700 fast...i know they looked bad *** but are they built to run with the raptor?

Pappy
03-29-2009, 09:49 PM
I head down there on wednesday.....I will also be doing an article on this facility so i will gather as much info as I can for those that dont have it

shane071489
03-29-2009, 09:51 PM
thats cool i plan on being there this weekend if i get my fourwheeler back...where else do yall ride and where are yall from if ya dont mind me asking

sprayedgt
03-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes it is FAST!! All I can say is that if you go full throttle, be prepared for it to try to throw you off the back. Literally it'll feel like it is coming out from under you. It was fast to begin with, but after the big 3 it's stupid fast now:D

shane071489
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
are you going this weekend i believe im gonna have my fourwheeler back and dont have anyone to ride with down here and wanting to go to caw and check it out...yeah thats how my ltr 450 me and my gf will slide back everytime i change gears it almost slides us off the back haha

by the way a bolt came out of my crankshaft and was bouncing around in my clutch basket haha was like wtf

sprayedgt
03-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah we'll be there about 8am this Saturday. Glad to hear it wasn't anything really bad. Simple fix it seems.

shane071489
03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
ok were gonna try to head that wasy saturday might be sunday? a lot of people ride with you? what do they ride?

sprayedgt
04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Not this time, just me and my gf on her wolverine 450.

shane071489
04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
she like it? im thinking about getting mine a newer one she has like a ****ty beartracker ha

sprayedgt
04-02-2009, 11:03 AM
She really likes it because of the 4x4 capability. But now she wants a 700xx like mine:)

shane071489
04-02-2009, 06:51 PM
haha if my gf asked for a ltr 450 like mine id be like **** that haha buy your own haha what you gonna do with the wolverine?

sprayedgt
04-03-2009, 10:13 AM
She'll have to sell it. I still think the 700xx is too much bike for her. She's only 5'3.

shane071489
04-03-2009, 11:04 AM
let me know a price if its a real good deal i might be interested