PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question: Kill Switch Tether Strap?

Big D KC
03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm sure this is a dumb question, and not really sure where on the forums it should go but here it is:

What do you guys attach your kill switch tether cord to? I have seen the wrist strap's from pro-armor, is something along the lines of this wrist strap what ATV'rs commonly use? If not what do you attach the tether to when you ride??

I'm new to ATV's, sorry in advance!

hypersnyper6947
03-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I clip mine to my chest protector.

wvspeedfreak
03-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
I clip mine to my chest protector.

Yep.Run a zip tie through one of the slots on you chest protector and clip it on that.

05LSR250R
03-04-2009, 06:28 AM
I use to run it to my loop on the front waist are of my riding pants............dumb move! I was thrown directly to the rear of the quad and took one hell of a nut shot!! LMAO! or is it CMAO!

03-04-2009, 06:53 AM
x2 on the zip tie through chest protector.

Wrist strap would be annoying, I've seen some hook it on a loop on thier pants zipper before too.

kawabunga
03-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Chalk up another for the chest protector, but I don't use a zip-tie on mine.

Big D KC
03-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
I use to run it to my loop on the front waist are of my riding pants............dumb move! I was thrown directly to the rear of the quad and took one hell of a nut shot!! LMAO! or is it CMAO!

lol

I never thought of that, and that's kind of what I was planning to do! Thanks for the heads up!

Soooo in other words I should be wearing a chest protector?! I don't have one, and honestly I doubt I'll end up with one. I'm not racing or anything just woods riding and trails more then likely. hmmmm

I'm guessing you guys are from the all the gear all the time camp ehh? Makes sense, and believe it or not I am the same way when riding the street! Leathers even in the summer. For some reason though, I don't feel the same threat level on the 400 in the dirt.

:| Guess I better re-think things! They make chest protectors for fat guys?!

Pro1200
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
x3 on zip-tie on chest protector..used it for a few yrs..so far no probs

ricksmx865
03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
i wear an under jersey chest protector.........

so i clip it to my zipper, however I never thought about it resulting in a swift hit to the boys lol

03-04-2009, 07:29 PM
another one for the zip tie through the chest protector. my brother thinks i'm "ghetto" and "nig rig" things because of that. I said where else do you suppose I clip it? when i 1st got it i had to take a few test to see if it would hurt when it hits you. the cord has so much tension stretched out i was bracing for impact expecting a sting but i cant feel it through my clothes. i rather take a nut shot wiht that than have one of those landing on your sack moments. That can ruin a day of riding makes you sick. I havent had that happen now that i'm a few over the 6' mark I can lean all the way back and have my arse hanging off the quad

Warnerade
03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
they are supposed to be attached to your body? i always attached mine to my key so whenever I took my key out i took my tether, I thought it was an anti-theft device:chinese:

BlaineKaiser450
03-04-2009, 07:49 PM
i hook it to my zipper

quadbod
03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Warnerade
they are supposed to be attached to your body? i always attached mine to my key so whenever I took my key out i took my tether, I thought it was an anti-theft device:chinese:

Dude.:blah: :blah: :ermm:

Warnerade
03-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by quadbod
Dude.:blah: :blah: :ermm: what?

kawabunga
03-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Big D KC
lol

I never thought of that, and that's kind of what I was planning to do! Thanks for the heads up!

Soooo in other words I should be wearing a chest protector?! I don't have one, and honestly I doubt I'll end up with one. I'm not racing or anything just woods riding and trails more then likely. hmmmm

I'm guessing you guys are from the all the gear all the time camp ehh? Makes sense, and believe it or not I am the same way when riding the street! Leathers even in the summer. For some reason though, I don't feel the same threat level on the 400 in the dirt.

:| Guess I better re-think things! They make chest protectors for fat guys?!

It's never a bad idea to wear all of your protective gear. Usually when you least expect it is when something bad happenes, we've all been there. Why take a chance?
It doesn't take long, it's not uncomfortable, it protects you, and my girlfriend thinks it's hot!:D

Big D KC
03-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by kawabunga
It's never a bad idea to wear all of your protective gear. Usually when you least expect it is when something bad happenes, we've all been there. Why take a chance?
It doesn't take long, it's not uncomfortable, it protects you, and my girlfriend thinks it's hot!:D

Thanks for the response! And yea I hear ya for sure. Like I said I always gear up for the street bike. I guess I just never put very much thought into extra gear for an ATV when I decided to buy one. Of course I ordered a good helmet and some good goggles. I already have a couple pairs of offroad gloves and a jersey or two. Going to pick up some boots today actually, so I guess I will check out chest protectors while I'm there! Anything else I should take a look at gear wise??

I will snag some riding pants one of these days but it will probably have to wait till next payday..

Big D KC
03-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Well I grabbed some boots just now. I got the AXO slammers. I know they are not full sized MX boots, but thats actually why I got them. I've been rocking tennis shoes when riding the 50 and always wished I had some better foot protection when playing around. So these will be dual purpose atv/pitbike boots for me. And they are actually pretty damn supportive in the ankle! I was suprised!

I did check out chest protectors, but they were out of my size in every brand. The large was just a bit too snug, I think an XL would suit me better. I didn't care for the Fox stuff too much. I liked an AXO one that was pretty nice, does it really matter what brand you go with in these things??

05LSR250R
03-05-2009, 05:35 PM
It doesn't matter which brand! Look around and find one that fits you the best. They all fit and feel a little different. Go with what your comfortable wearing!

XCRacer236
03-06-2009, 04:31 PM
i have a loop on my pants for the adjustment, and i put a zip tie on that then put my cord on that. i think it looks better then on the chest protector, but thats just my opinion. and i have wrecked with it like that too, and it worked just fine.

on the chest protectors, the SIXSIXONE has a raised pocket in the front that allows air to get in there and cool you better, as well as be more comfortable if you dont like it right against you. they are super comfortable too in the shoulders and every where else.