PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love some police?

bens250ex
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Well first off ill say i respect everyone. Police have a job to protect and serve...Well today i was just watching a movie and a friend calls and says hey man me and my other friend are stuck can you come pull us out...First question out of my mouth was will i get in trouble. he said no cops came by last week and didn't mind us back here so i said ok. I go to pull him out there were about 4 other trucks out there too but none had any luck. So i hooked up and started pullin. I got him out and we where all leaving. At the end of the road where two cops. They stopped us and i thought they might just be asking what was going on well they started getting tag numbers so i got out of the truck.
I got out and first thing out of my mouth i was just like whoa what going on? The guy went off on me. Like crazy. I don't respect ANYONE if they don't respect me and this includes any person i will ever meet. I was not at any point disrespectful to this man. I was simply trying to tell him what was going on so he could understand.
Well cheese dick wouldn't let me talk. im 20 years old and this guy is prob no more than 6-10 years older if that than me. I simply tried to be honest but he just kept going off on me..No one was even mud ridding the first guy got stuck b/c he was back there looking for a part off his truck from when he went fishing the other day and we just had snowed that melted the other day so everything was really soggy.
Well the cops ended up having 3 squad cars show up took our tag numbers and license and such and said they are going to file a report. Well through out this whole ordeal the one cheese dick officer was very rude to me and my g/f in the truck. They where cussing and going off when we just tried to speak. He asked me where i lived here is how i replied. I'm sorry sir im not trying to be disrespectful in anyway and he went crazy again... well anyways i don't have respect for anyone of this nature and a person like this does not deserve to be a police officer. If they try to press charge i will be at the police department and in front of a judge letting them know how pathetic it is to have a person in uniform act the way this man did. There was more ins and outs to the story about this man but i just needed to vent and see what you guys think about this situation.

ben300
03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
Well first off ill say i respect everyone. Police have a job to protect and serve...Well today i was just watching a movie and a friend calls and says hey man me and my other friend are stuck can you come pull us out...First question out of my mouth was will i get in trouble. he said no cops came by last week and didn't mind us back here so i said ok. I go to pull him out there were about 4 other trucks out there too but none had any luck. So i hooked up and started pullin. I got him out and we where all leaving. At the end of the road where two cops. They stopped us and i thought they might just be asking what was going on well they started getting tag numbers so i got out of the truck.
I got out and first thing out of my mouth i was just like whoa what going on? The guy went off on me. Like crazy. I don't respect ANYONE if they don't respect me and this includes any person i will ever meet. I was not at any point disrespectful to this man. I was simply trying to tell him what was going on so he could understand.
Well cheese dick wouldn't let me talk. im 20 years old and this guy is prob no more than 6-10 years older if that than me. I simply tried to be honest but he just kept going off on me..No one was even mud ridding the first guy got stuck b/c he was back there looking for a part off his truck from when he went fishing the other day and we just had snowed that melted the other day so everything was really soggy.
Well the cops ended up having 3 squad cars show up took our tag numbers and license and such and said they are going to file a report. Well through out this whole ordeal the one cheese dick officer was very rude to me and my g/f in the truck. They where cussing and going off when we just tried to speak. He asked me where i lived here is how i replied. I'm sorry sir im not trying to be disrespectful in anyway and he went crazy again... well anyways i don't have respect for anyone of this nature and a person like this does not deserve to be a police officer. If they try to press charge i will be at the police department and in front of a judge letting them know how pathetic it is to have a person in uniform act the way this man did. There was more ins and outs to the story about this man but i just needed to vent and see what you guys think about this situation.

unfortunately, the judge ain't gonna care how ignorant he was to you, thats the downside...

did they even givey ou guys citations or what? whos property was it?

JParisi48
03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
u should take out the whole movie part it took me a while to get it, it seems like this all happened in a movie, but yeah some cops suck, me and my cousin were ridin up and down my rode and my crazy neighbor called the cops and my UNCLE got arrested?!?! cuz he tried to walk into the house.... cop alomst whipped him on the ground lol

bens250ex
03-03-2009, 05:51 PM
i don't know who's property it was i was just called to pull em out. plus side is i got a video if you guys wanna help me post it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but yea the cop told me i was the first to go to jail to make an example for the rest...

ricksmx865
03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
i got pulled over today doin 74 in a 55, and he just told me to slow down :devil:

But I know first hand some officers can get a lil outta hand at times

SRH
03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
alot of people with almost like a inferiority complex aspire to be cops, not everyone but alot ive run into , its a quick way to get some respect...or demand some , ive had much worse expiriences with cops than that, just handle your self professionally when it comes to court, focus on your most valiant point and only try to prove that, dont bring up 30 diff things pick your strongest thing you got and prove that even then its not looking good, cops and judges are like principals and teachers , or bosses and supervisors.... so your screwed lol, but think over the ordeal and dont act 20, be mature and professional

brian76708
03-03-2009, 06:13 PM
what i suggest if you do end up going to court admit to it and list reasons why you shouldn't go on others property without permission. Then tell them why you were out there and the story behind it. If you look at it in the judges eyes you were trespassing so you were in the wrong. I know i think its not right to but its the law and even though the police was rude it wont work in court cause he will just deny it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1UHVOSmtkx8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1UHVOSmtkx8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
police seem to take advantage of their power way too much for the wrong reasons. Now some are nice and willing to listen while others are writing a ticket to meet their quota whether or not its legit. You sould have dragged the sack across their door handles of the cruiser haha.

bens250ex
03-03-2009, 06:35 PM
how can i post a video?

ProspectorJim
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by brian76708
what i suggest if you do end up going to court admit to it and list reasons why you shouldn't go on others property without permission. Then tell them why you were out there and the story behind it. If you look at it in the judges eyes you were trespassing so you were in the wrong. I know i think its not right to but its the law and even though the police was rude it wont work in court cause he will just deny it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1UHVOSmtkx8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1UHVOSmtkx8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like the dead kennedys cover better:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VYD7hJTGX4s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VYD7hJTGX4s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HondaRaceReady
03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Don't ever get out of your vehicle and ask a cop WTF is he doing. That probably pissed him off so he felt like ruining your day.

k4f5x0r
03-03-2009, 06:55 PM
baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbabaconbaconbaconbaconbac onbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbac onbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconcon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon baconbaconbacon

.. thats all i have to say about cops :grr: . but in all honestly. ive only dealt with a few douchebag cops. most are very reasonable as long as you have a reason to be w here you are, permission etc... thats with quading atleast :devil:

Cr85rRida
03-03-2009, 07:02 PM
While on my 250f cruising the street a cop pulled into a home for a call, as he was walking up the driveway i came to a stop at a stop sign, all he did was make a
"slow down a little" wave with his hands so i nodded my head ok and he gave me a thumbs up haha and during the snow storm yesterday I was at a red light behind a car on my 250r, cop was chilling on the other side of the road just grilling me. I waved and kept goin lol.

All depends on 3 things.

1) Your attitude
2) His attiude
3) How his day is going :devil: haha

ProspectorJim
03-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida

All depends on 3 things.

1) Your attitude
2) His attiude
3) How his day is going :devil: haha

Definately true. If I have to ride down a road, I try to keep it around the speed limit and stop at stop signs. Sometimes if you just follow the traffic laws, the cops will give you a break. Happened to me several times last summer.

madskrillz2
03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
I've had too many run ins with PIGS like that. Hah, there's a difference in a cop and a pig and that guy sounds like a pig. I had one try to tell me I was drunk and that I smelled like alcohol when I hadn't had a sip. I just simply said no you don't and he could give me any sobriety test he wanted. He shut his mouth pretty quick.

mcarlson1
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
What really pisses me off is when they drive 100 mph without their lights or sirens on or turn their lights on to run a red light or now in california you cant talk on your cell phone and drive unless its handsfree but yet its ok for cops to talk on their phone. Or when your in high school and you get pulled over friday night after the game and the cop makes up some bull**** excuse like your license plate bulb is burned out and i didnt think you didnt have a license plate on your truck( when he was behind me and his lights were shining on my plate and its REFLECTIVE, actually happened to me) to pull you over to check your truck for drugs or alcohol even when there isnt anything in your truck and you arent doing anything wrong! THey take advantage of their authority WAY to much, but then there are really cool cops that will BS with you and let you go with alot.

Thanks,
Mike

bens250ex
03-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by HondaRaceReady
Don't ever get out of your vehicle and ask a cop WTF is he doing. That probably pissed him off so he felt like ruining your day.

i have the right to ask thats the problem with this world today people wanna think they are the great hero....i dont have respect for alot of cops because of how they treat people. well they are people too so they can't act like dicks to people. i don't take **** from anyone beyond a certain point. i am a firm believer in that and will never back down to anyone. i respect but must be given respect as well. it seems like everyday this country turns into crazy world.

bens250ex
03-03-2009, 09:45 PM
i didn't say WTF are you doing i said, whats goin on? a simple question he should have been able to answer with respect not going off on me. Why does he have the right to go off one me?? he doesn't....Well hell i prob should have just built a meth lab in the back yard they prob would have takin that more as a joke than me tryin to help my friend. . first time my truck has even been off road in the mud on purpose.. what will this world come too? i feel one day we will be watched like little rats and one slip up we will have to pay for it. what a waste of a life.

Chit
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
i didn't say WTF are you doing i said, whats goin on? a simple question he should have been able to answer with respect not going off on me. Why does he have the right to go off one me?? he doesn't....Well hell i prob should have just built a meth lab in the back yard they prob would have takin that more as a joke than me tryin to help my friend. . first time my truck has even been off road in the mud on purpose.. what will this world come too? i feel one day we will be watched like little rats and one slip up we will have to pay for it. what a waste of a life.

Was you told at a young age that all cops are nice?

Could it not possible that he had an event that put him in a bad mood, and you just happened to be the first person he happened to find doing something wrong?

JForestZ34
03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Look at this post I made last week.. Not trying to start a pissing match.. But where is ridered11 in this post.. I def have something against police now.. They let that little thing called upholding the law go over there head and think they are the law(What they say goes ya know).. Not with me anymore.. Just read alittle bit on this thread...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385537

James

03-04-2009, 06:46 AM
your first mistake was getting out of your vehicle. this is an act of aggression, even if not intended as such. then the way you word your question, "whats going on?" it is disrespectful following an act of aggression as that is not your friend, but an officer of the law. you should have remained in your vehicle and quiet until spoken too...

other clues to this being a problem is that you had to ask your friend, as a first question was"will i get in trouble?" the second clue was his reply-" he said no cops came by last week and didn't mind us back here" if the cops didn't mind, they would not have checked in the first place. third, the cops show up when you, yourself questioned the location. those three things alone would make me sit and be as apologetic and peaceful to ANY police officer, even one that i knew was a power happy a-wipe.

now, i do believe that there are many , many l.e.o.s that abuse their power, but i don't necessarily see this as that case...especially if this is the same cop that "told" your friend that they "don't care that they are there" the week before...i know if i come back and see the same vehicle there that i gave the benefit of the doubt, as well as a warning INSTEAD of a trespassing violation, the previous week, i would be a little irate with any and all involved...

quad2xtreme
03-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
Look at this post I made last week.. Not trying to start a pissing match.. But where is ridered11 in this post.. I def have something against police now.. They let that little thing called upholding the law go over there head and think they are the law(What they say goes ya know).. Not with me anymore.. Just read alittle bit on this thread...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385537

James

I think Bens250ex needed a big beat down on this one. Shouldn't have been trying to help out a buddy. Cop should have beat him silly with his stick and then yanked his arms off so he couldn't start his truck ever again. Ben's parents should be ashamed how they raised him. Stay out of trouble Ben and you would still have arms. Your brought this all on yourself. LOL!!! (PS, you have to read the other thread for this to make sense). :p ;)

stoopidbot
03-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Is this guy really crying because a cop didn't talk nice to him? Grow up, you got out of your vehicle which is an act of aggression. You questioned what he was doing, he doesn't have to answer any of your questions. They were there to investigate you and you try to see what he's doing.

You can tell the judge all you want that the cop wasn't nice, do you really think he's gonna care? The cop will tell him you got out of your car and approached him questioning his business. That's not how it works.

bens250ex
03-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
your first mistake was getting out of your vehicle. this is an act of aggression, even if not intended as such. then the way you word your question, "whats going on?" it is disrespectful following an act of aggression as that is not your friend, but an officer of the law. you should have remained in your vehicle and quiet until spoken too...

other clues to this being a problem is that you had to ask your friend, as a first question was"will i get in trouble?" the second clue was his reply-" he said no cops came by last week and didn't mind us back here" if the cops didn't mind, they would not have checked in the first place. third, the cops show up when you, yourself questioned the location. those three things alone would make me sit and be as apologetic and peaceful to ANY police officer, even one that i knew was a power happy a-wipe.

now, i do believe that there are many , many l.e.o.s that abuse their power, but i don't necessarily see this as that case...especially if this is the same cop that "told" your friend that they "don't care that they are there" the week before...i know if i come back and see the same vehicle there that i gave the benefit of the doubt, as well as a warning INSTEAD of a trespassing violation, the previous week, i would be a little irate with any and all involved...

Speedyquad i take it that you are prob an officer? well if you are i hope that you do not act like these guys did in this situation. and i hope you respect people and do not call people names or ect.

It was not the same cops as the week before. The guys new the officers names and told the guy but they didn't say anything. And the guys i went to go pull out went and ate with the cops that didn't mind them back their. All these 3 officers had to do was talk with respect and they would have gottin it back. But i did not sign up for the army and will not be yelled at for saying sir im not being disrespectful. so i don't give one rats *** who you are and what you have on i will not respect you if you do not respect me.

Just another question how you suppose to get the truck out??? leave it? ook i went to find a part on my truck i wasn't mud ridding my 4 wheel drive is broken i get stuck well guess i can just leave it and go buy another truck!!!!! yea sweet!!!(that is what happend he was going around the field lookin for this bed rail and sunk all of a sudden) i mean come on someone was going to have to pull this guy out. I was the only one out of the 4 that could do it. He was drivin a chevy and yea they aren't my fav but hell atleast just let us get his truck out when he wasn't even mudding. But no their are too many a holes out there to even let you tell the truth.

bens250ex
03-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
Is this guy really crying because a cop didn't talk nice to him? Grow up, you got out of your vehicle which is an act of aggression. You questioned what he was doing, he doesn't have to answer any of your questions. They were there to investigate you and you try to see what he's doing.

You can tell the judge all you want that the cop wasn't nice, do you really think he's gonna care? The cop will tell him you got out of your car and approached him questioning his business. That's not how it works.

yea and call people names, try to put words in our mouth, and cuss yup thats what police officers are their for !!!!!!!!!!!! hell yea!!!!!!!!!

quad2xtreme
03-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Are you even going to court? If all you got was a tongue lashing and no citation then I would consider myself lucky.

If you did get a citation and are going to court, my advice is go to court without a lawyer...I don't think you are in serious trouble here. Tell the Judge you were in the wrong and now realize that you should have told your buddies to call a tow truck when they got stuck in a questionable area. She may ask what do you mean questionable. Just say that although the area may appear to be off limits that in the past it was acceptable to go back in that area. Apparently this time somebody must have called the Police to voice a complaint. Just say, I would have never gone into that area if I had ever received a prior warning.

Do not talk about the cop negatively in any way. This will only worsen things for you. Don't take any friends with you to speak unless it is to confirm that you were only there for 10 minutes to get them "unstuck". Less is more. Say as little as possible. Honestly, you sound like a talker that has trouble staying focused. Most Judge's have ADD so any "unnecessary" information is clutter. Judge's hate clutter.

Good Luck.

stoopidbot
03-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Are you even going to court? If all you got was a tongue lashing and no citation then I would consider myself lucky.

If you did get a citation and are going to court, my advice is go to court without a lawyer...I don't think you are in serious trouble here. Tell the Judge you were in the wrong and now realize that you should have told your buddies to call a tow truck when they got stuck in a questionable area. She may ask what do you mean questionable. Just say that although the area may appear to be off limits that in the past it was acceptable to go back in that area. Apparently this time somebody must have called the Police to voice a complaint. Just say, I would have never gone into that area if I had ever received a prior warning.

Do not talk about the cop negatively in any way. This will only worsen things for you. Don't take any friends with you to speak unless it is to confirm that you were only there for 10 minutes to get them "unstuck". Less is more. Say as little as possible. Honestly, you sound like a talker that has trouble staying focused. Most Judge's have ADD so any "unnecessary" information is clutter. Judge's hate clutter.

Good Luck. Great advise!!!

ThreeDollaBills
03-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I got a tongue lashing from a state cop once. Insulting me about my IQ and how stupid I was. How I was probably a disgrace to my family and a trouble maker. All this because I was doing 62 in a 55...
I just so happened to have a voice recorder on me and had stuck it in the door handle before he approached the car. Stated my name, time, and date. He approached my car and he stated his name, which was a good start, then he asked me if I knew how fast I was traveling. I said "inbetween 60-65, not really sure to be honest."

He asked for drivers license and proof of insurance, I had both, but POI was expired. (I was on my way home from Chicago(where I lived at the time going to college) to get it from my mother).

He then started going off about how worthless and stupid I was. Telling me that my IQ was probably lower than a retard. So on and so on.

I took it to the judge. I had him come in and had him say "hello I'm (fill in the blank) do you know how fast you were going this evening?" I then started the tape.

He was suspended from work without pay for one month.

He also had to write me an apology letter stating that he was in the wrong and he verbal insults were unneeded.

This was a very victorious day for me. :)

stoopidbot
03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I find that hard to believe. His constitutional rights would have been violated, all of that was his opinion of you. Just like you are entitled to your opinion so is he.

ThreeDollaBills
03-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, it's a violation of his constitutional rights, but it's also putting the judge and circuit clerk in a hard spot. Because I was threatening to put this all over the city paper. Giving them a bad reflection on the police department.

And no. My opinion of him is NOT my constitutional right. I can sit there and talk all kinds of **** to him and i'm going to jail. If it was my constitutional right of opinion then a person would be able to get that charge dropped.

ThreeDollaBills
03-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Me getting a speeding ticket and having my expired POI gives him no right to sit there and tell me what he thinks I am when he don't even know me. And this is why my ticket was dropped and he was suspended.

The reason that he didn't get away with it was because I had physical proof of what he said. He's a police officer not a psychologist.

stoopidbot
03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
You have every right to tel a cop that you THINK he is a prick or that you THINK he is retarded.

That is not a crime, now if you do that will it help you in whatever situation you are in that the cops are there? No, but they can't charge you for that.

ThreeDollaBills
03-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Well you can believe me or not, but it worked. Lol

05LSR250R
03-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Listen guys! My sister is a county cop! When you get pulled over for anything.......put your hazards on, leave the windows rolled up,unless their already down, both hands on steering wheel, look straight ahead, if its dark turn on the dome light after you turn on the hazards! Dont do anything till instructed to do so! This puts the cop at ease BIGTIME! Getting out of the car is stupid and unnessasary! You'll be surprised how many times you'll only get a warning if you follow these simple rules! Unless you were doing something super stupid!

extremeblastr
03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I find that hard to believe. His constitutional rights would have been violated, all of that was his opinion of you. Just like you are entitled to your opinion so is he.

you've just about jumped on the cops are god train there buddy. i don't care what uniform he is wearing or if he has a badge or not he better not come up to my window with that kind of attitude or there will be reprecussions through his employer whether it be state, county, town or whatever..

stoopidbot
03-04-2009, 11:54 AM
That's right, I forgot how bad *** you are. Sorry!

And what the hell does this mean?

"you've just about jumped on the cops are god train there buddy."

extremeblastr
03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
its got nothing to do with being badass so you can stop being a d*** about what you think you know about me and that comment means nothing more then you and ridered are more and more alike every day.

stoopidbot
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
its got nothing to do with being badass so you can stop being a d*** about what you think you know about me and that comment means nothing more then you and ridered are more and more alike every day. You're right, I am being a dick, I'm having a bad day and taking it out on other people just like those prick cops did. I apologize.

03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Speedyquad i take it that you are prob an officer? well if you are i hope that you do not act like these guys did in this situation. and i hope you respect people and do not call people names or ect.

It was not the same cops as the week before. The guys new the officers names and told the guy but they didn't say anything. And the guys i went to go pull out went and ate with the cops that didn't mind them back their. All these 3 officers had to do was talk with respect and they would have gottin it back. But i did not sign up for the army and will not be yelled at for saying sir im not being disrespectful. so i don't give one rats *** who you are and what you have on i will not respect you if you do not respect me.

Just another question how you suppose to get the truck out??? leave it? ook i went to find a part on my truck i wasn't mud ridding my 4 wheel drive is broken i get stuck well guess i can just leave it and go buy another truck!!!!! yea sweet!!!(that is what happend he was going around the field lookin for this bed rail and sunk all of a sudden) i mean come on someone was going to have to pull this guy out. I was the only one out of the 4 that could do it. He was drivin a chevy and yea they aren't my fav but hell atleast just let us get his truck out when he wasn't even mudding. But no their are too many a holes out there to even let you tell the truth.

nope not an l.e.o. at all...i am, however, friends with a few staties, as well as having known many over the years when i was a volunteer firefighter. watching a persons actions before first verbal contact is made with the officer and see how that officer acts toward them can be amusing at times. i have seen one cop be overly nice to one person in a vehicle, while short and abrupt with another from the same vehicle.

i am not saying that the cop was completely right, but with what you have said, i don't blame him much. you were in a place that you questioned. you buddy already knew he wasn't supposed to be there. police just don't show up for no reason, there must have been a complaint called in for them to take their time to check out this area. and to have them randomly show up on two straight occasions is an odds breaker. i really don't buy the story about the your friends going to eat with the cops that didn't mind them back there(not their). you would have gotten(not gottin) their respect had you not shown an act of aggression first.

as far as your buddy getting a part to his truck...the correct way to search for it would be to ask the land owners permission to WALK the property to find the part. instead he decided to drive in an area where he shouldn't have. he knew he was in the wrong to be there, yet he went in again. like i said, feel free that the land owner don't press trespassing charges and have those involved fix the damage to the land.

i am sure this cop has been to that area before for the same kind of complaint. does that mean you deserved the brunt of his aggression IF you were never there before? no, but show aggression by getting out of your vehicle, and you will get an aggressive officer. show no aggression and this would not be an issue in most cases. believe it or not, 95% of the time, you control what kind of officer you get. be aggressive towards one, then you get and aggression back. be respectful to one and you get respect back.

the big thing here is if you have learned a lesson in all of this? ultimately, an l.e.o. deserves immediately respect before contact is made, simply because of his position. whether, continued respect is deserved is another story. you need to give the respect first. the l.e.o. is assessing the situation before he even gets to the scene. i am sure the person who called in the complaint was the some on who called in your buddies truck being there the week before. without a doubt, that little tidbit of info. was also relayed to the operator, as well as mention of any other calls that had been made in the past. now the officer rolls up, knowing that at least one of the vehicles that is trespassing has been involved in a previous complaint. he also knows that contact was made by his fellow l.e.o.s the previous week. and most likely, he knows that any warnings, if issued, were ignored. already he has seen defiance, even if there were no official warnings . remember any complaints from the previous week are on record. he rolls up to the scene and one of the trespassers immediately gets out of his vehicle and opens up the line of questioning. you showed aggression and tried to control the situation instead of allowing him to do his job.

ThreeDollaBills
03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
you've just about jumped on the cops are god train there buddy. i don't care what uniform he is wearing or if he has a badge or not he better not come up to my window with that kind of attitude or there will be reprecussions through his employer whether it be state, county, town or whatever..

This is correct. It doesn't matter what I did or how I broke the law. He has no reason to say these things about me. It is his matter of opinion, but it is a personal attack just like battery would be.

As for my repercussion, I didn't even tell the officer I had him on tape. I just went straight to his bosses. They didn't like his course of actions, and I think they did what was truly correct to do in that situation. He was punished, and my ticket was dropped.

deathcorefan2
03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
you what is funny?
stupid cops.
lol
me and two of my buddys always go out into walmart and target when we get bored, and this cop in target one day was like eavesdropping and following us around. LIKE IT WASN'T NOTICEABLE. he was like sneaking around corners and stuff we were laughing so hard.

and we don't go and steal stuff when we go in, we just go to look around and stuff. have fun. but i guess that cop thinks every 16 year old is a thief and must follow us around like we are 5. oh he also walked outside behind us and took my friends plates...i don't know what for? we diddnt do anything lol.

Regular_Joe
03-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Another good tip is shut the vehicle off. This helps assure that your not going to throw it in drive and just take off. Same goes for a motorcycle. Immediately take off your helmet. Anything to help them relax that you aren't going to run.

I got out of an 75 in a 55 doing that on my bike. Passed the state cop on a blind hill, and he had to do a u-turn quick on the far side of the hill. He came flying back over the hill ready to give chase. I totally caught him off guard though. I was already pulled over, my helmet off, just waiting for him. Respect is generally given in return when it is given to begin with.

CHAR250R
03-04-2009, 02:02 PM
It's actually very simple:

The cop is always right.

As soon as you understand that, you'll be fine.
You can not argue with a Police Officer.

Stay in your vehicle.
Keep your mouth shut.
Speak when spoken to.
Yes Sir, and No Sir should be your only answers.

The cop is in charge no matter what you may think. No matter how crappy his attitude is.

Is this fair? Nope. Just how it is.

It takes some of us a long time and a lot of money for this to sink in. Do yourself a favor, and learn while you are still young. :D

P.S. I have friends and relatives that are cops, and they are always right! :p

mcarlson1
03-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe
Another good tip is shut the vehicle off. This helps assure that your not going to throw it in drive and just take off. Same goes for a motorcycle. Immediately take off your helmet. Anything to help them relax that you aren't going to run.

I got out of an 75 in a 55 doing that on my bike. Passed the state cop on a blind hill, and he had to do a u-turn quick on the far side of the hill. He came flying back over the hill ready to give chase. I totally caught him off guard though. I was already pulled over, my helmet off, just waiting for him. Respect is generally given in return when it is given to begin with.

Whenever i get pulled over i have everything ready for him when he comes up to my window they are usually pretty cool after i have everything ready and usually go easy on me, when i pass them and they turn around i know its for me so i pull over before they even turn their lights on also. Helps with everything else too.

Thanks,
Mike

ben300
03-04-2009, 04:09 PM
ive had a few run ins with cops from different states adn such and ive always got decent treatment by just showig them respect ya know....one instance we were in florida visiting my roommates broher, we were all drunk, his brothe was driving and we were tearing up someones field/swamp...i dont know what they call it in florida, but we were trashed, his broher wass drunk drivig...adn they let us off...his brothers wife had to pick us up...but we were all polite..even being drunk..

sometimes...and this may be hard to believe...you may be giving attitude adn disrespect to teh officer and you may not even realize it...kinda like whe you do the same to parets or somethig of the sort ya know and you dont realize it...

bens250ex
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
well i have just been upset that these guys got me into this situation. I do see getting out of the car made it worse but he sure as hell was a dick. i just can't pay a fine, i am broke and already have a bills to pay. If it goes any more ill just go to court and see what happens ill take the advice and tell the judge what all went on and such. i have even thought about finding the cop and just talking with him by myself but that prob is a difficult task to do. Just bunch of bs. But i did find out from a couple poeple today these particular guys where known to be rude and ect to people.

stoopidbot
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
well i have just been upset that these guys got me into this situation. I do see getting out of the car made it worse but he sure as hell was a dick. i just can't pay a fine, i am broke and already have a bills to pay. If it goes any more ill just go to court and see what happens ill take the advice and tell the judge what all went on and such. i have even thought about finding the cop and just talking with him by myself but that prob is a difficult task to do. Just bunch of bs. But i did find out from a couple poeple today these particular guys where known to be rude and ect to people. If you have the officers name you can call the station and get his voice mail.

03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by mcarlson1
Whenever i get pulled over i have everything ready for him when he comes up to my window they are usually pretty cool after i have everything ready and usually go easy on me, when i pass them and they turn around i know its for me so i pull over before they even turn their lights on also. Helps with everything else too.

Thanks,
Mike

i get scared and put the pedal down to outrun dem sons a beaches lol i wouldnt pull over already i would play the i didnt know game. if you pull over before the lights come on you know your quilty. "i'm sorry officer i didnt know i couldnt do that" - dave chappelle

JForestZ34
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
It's actually very simple:

The cop is always right.

As soon as you understand that, you'll be fine.
You can not argue with a Police Officer.

Stay in your vehicle.
Keep your mouth shut.
Speak when spoken to.
Yes Sir, and No Sir should be your only answers.

The cop is in charge no matter what you may think. No matter how crappy his attitude is.

Is this fair? Nope. Just how it is.

It takes some of us a long time and a lot of money for this to sink in. Do yourself a favor, and learn while you are still young. :D

P.S. I have friends and relatives that are cops, and they are always right! :p

Yes this is all true... But the sad thing is, we shouldn't have to kiss there *** just to make them feel better.. I do know that if you are not nice they can try to find anything to either tow your car or throw your *** in jail... But I still think you should have to bow down to them when they don't respect you..

James

One_Bad_400
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Bens250ex - YOU AN IDIOT! you deserve to be thrown in jail. your always in the wrong on other peoples property. dont call that cop a cheese dick for doing his job. your just a punk kid tearing up peoples property. i DONT have respect for YOU! cough*jackass*cough

ben, its ok, if you need a sholder to cry on, you know i'm right down the street. see you later cheese dick

CHAR250R
03-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Yes this is all true... But the sad thing is, we shouldn't have to kiss there butts just to make them feel better. I do know that if you are not nice they can try to find anything to either tow your car or throw your *** in jail... But I still think you should have to bow down to them when they don't respect you..

James

I agree. You shouldn't have to kiss their butts to make them feel better, or important. They are a public servant.

It's simple:

Keep your mouth closed. Little or no fine.

Open your mouth. Fine. Court. Impounded vehicle, etc...

I've learned to keep my mouth shut. It's cheaper in the long run. :D

stoopidbot
03-05-2009, 06:29 AM
It's not about kissing their butts, it is showing respect to a person in a position of authority.

fasterblaster09
03-05-2009, 07:00 AM
listen to this-- yesterday my car was stolen while I was at work. a squad car came and he had me fill out a report. He was about to leave when I had to ask him if he would like a description of the car so they know what to look for. That gave me much hope for them finding it lol

ben300
03-05-2009, 07:02 AM
It's not about kissing their butts, it is showing respect to a person in a position of authority.

exactly

03-05-2009, 07:10 AM
so you are angry that you let your friends get you into a situation that you questioned and you are taking it out on the cop that was doing his job.

stoopidbot
03-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
listen to this-- yesterday my car was stolen while I was at work. a squad car came and he had me fill out a report. He was about to leave when I had to ask him if he would like a description of the car so they know what to look for. That gave me much hope for them finding it lol I feel ya, My trailer was stolen a few weeks ago from in front of my house. Police came by, filled out the report and he said that the other officers that he was eating breakfast with heard the same call and they were all searching the surrounding neighbor hoods. They tried to help a bunch.

But then I get a letter from the police saying that they are not going to do anything about my trailer. They won't hand it to a detective or anything. The letter actually said the best thing I can do is try to find it and then call them.

CHAR250R
03-05-2009, 07:30 AM

You shouldn't have to kiss their butt, but it usually makes the difference between getting a ticket or not. Just play the game.

godzilla
03-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
nope not an l.e.o. at all...i am, however, friends with a few staties, as well as having known many over the years when i was a volunteer firefighter. watching a persons actions before first verbal contact is made with the officer and see how that officer acts toward them can be amusing at times. i have seen one cop be overly nice to one person in a vehicle, while short and abrupt with another from the same vehicle.

i am not saying that the cop was completely right, but with what you have said, i don't blame him much. you were in a place that you questioned. you buddy already knew he wasn't supposed to be there. police just don't show up for no reason, there must have been a complaint called in for them to take their time to check out this area. and to have them randomly show up on two straight occasions is an odds breaker. i really don't buy the story about the your friends going to eat with the cops that didn't mind them back there(not their). you would have gotten(not gottin) their respect had you not shown an act of aggression first.

as far as your buddy getting a part to his truck...the correct way to search for it would be to ask the land owners permission to WALK the property to find the part. instead he decided to drive in an area where he shouldn't have. he knew he was in the wrong to be there, yet he went in again. like i said, feel free that the land owner don't press trespassing charges and have those involved fix the damage to the land.

i am sure this cop has been to that area before for the same kind of complaint. does that mean you deserved the brunt of his aggression IF you were never there before? no, but show aggression by getting out of your vehicle, and you will get an aggressive officer. show no aggression and this would not be an issue in most cases. believe it or not, 95% of the time, you control what kind of officer you get. be aggressive towards one, then you get and aggression back. be respectful to one and you get respect back.

the big thing here is if you have learned a lesson in all of this? ultimately, an l.e.o. deserves immediately respect before contact is made, simply because of his position. whether, continued respect is deserved is another story. you need to give the respect first. the l.e.o. is assessing the situation before he even gets to the scene. i am sure the person who called in the complaint was the some on who called in your buddies truck being there the week before. without a doubt, that little tidbit of info. was also relayed to the operator, as well as mention of any other calls that had been made in the past. now the officer rolls up, knowing that at least one of the vehicles that is trespassing has been involved in a previous complaint. he also knows that contact was made by his fellow l.e.o.s the previous week. and most likely, he knows that any warnings, if issued, were ignored. already he has seen defiance, even if there were no official warnings . remember any complaints from the previous week are on record. he rolls up to the scene and one of the trespassers immediately gets out of his vehicle and opens up the line of questioning. you showed aggression and tried to control the situation instead of allowing him to do his job.

Boys and girls....please read this CAREFULLY and learn. This is probably the most intelligent post in this thread.

stoopidbot
03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by godzilla
Boys and girls....please read this CAREFULLY and learn. This is probably the most intelligent post in this thread. He said the same thing many others have been saying.

godzilla
03-05-2009, 08:06 AM
He said the same thing many others have been saying.

He said it better...

stoopidbot
03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
LOL. OK

The bottom line is everyone has to learn one way or the other. Some people it takes having the police ***** slap the ego, such as situations like this. Then there are the people that learn the easy way.

The way I grew up, my dad would knock me around if I didn't show respect.

CHAR250R
03-05-2009, 09:14 AM
LOL. OK

The bottom line is everyone has to learn one way or the other. Some people it takes having the police ***** slap the ego, such as situations like this. Then there are the people that learn the easy way.

BINGO!!!! what he said.

ben300
03-05-2009, 09:24 AM
LOL. OK

same here...it happened a couple times

rcpd_outlaw
03-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Like it says in my signature, Just give a cop a hug..... We have feelings too!!! LOL!! Sometimes I cry at home after a hard day on the streets!! LOL!!!

stoopidbot
03-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by rcpd_outlaw
Like it says in my signature, Just give a cop a hug..... We have feelings too!!! LOL!! Sometimes I cry at home after a hard day on the streets!! LOL!!! Great advice, not literally. I think you would be in a world of hurt if you walked up and just hugged a cop! LMAO

But they are people just like everyone else, they have bad days and they have buttons that are able to be pushed just like us.

The big difference is on every call the cop has no idea what is going on, he has to assume that you are armed and willing to hurt him. The time they are completely relaxed is the time that they get killed. Not always but it would be my mentality.

rcpd_outlaw
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Great advice, not literally. I think you would be in a world of hurt if you walked up and just hugged a cop! LMAO

But they are people just like everyone else, they have bad days and they have buttons that are able to be pushed just like us.

The big difference is on every call the cop has no idea what is going on, he has to assume that you are armed and willing to hurt him. The time they are completely relaxed is the time that they get killed. Not always but it would be my mentality.

You know all joking aside I have been reading through this thread and there are valid points made by all. We (LEO) are held to a high standard and are expected to act professoinally at all times, no matter what the circumstances. I'll be the first to say there are some Officers out there that let the job get to their head and get a little out of line once in a while. As level headed as I am I have to admit that I have lost my cool at times. We are human, as is everyone else. The biggest issue is that the general public, that are not related to LEO or are close to LEO, do not know what the mindset is we are in when we go to work. They do not know the training that we go through and for the most part they do not understand the worst case scenarios we run through our head in every domestic call, traffic stop, and barking dog complaint. The fact is these people that do not fully understand our mindset and never will really know what its like, so the "circle of confusion" will continue forever. Myself, the Cops I work with, along with several thousand throughout the country have one goal in mind - GET HOME AT THE END OF THE SHIFT TO SEE THEIR FAMILIES. We all want to help and make our communities a better place to live.

Now I'm off my soap box, I was surprized there were no doughnut references. I, for one, love doughnuts, espicially the custard filled long johns!! mmmmmmmmmm!!

godzilla
03-05-2009, 11:01 AM
You know all joking aside I have been reading through this thread and there are valid points made by all. We (LEO) are held to a high standard and are expected to act professoinally at all times, no matter what the circumstances. I'll be the first to say there are some Officers out there that let the job get to their head and get a little out of line once in a while. As level headed as I am I have to admit that I have lost my cool at times. We are human, as is everyone else. The biggest issue is that the general public, that are not related to LEO or are close to LEO, do not know what the mindset is we are in when we go to work. They do not know the training that we go through and for the most part they do not understand the worst case scenarios we run through our head in every domestic call, traffic stop, and barking dog complaint. The fact is these people that do not fully understand our mindset and never will really know what its like, so the "circle of confusion" will continue forever. Myself, the Cops I work with, along with several thousand throughout the country have one goal in mind - GET HOME AT THE END OF THE SHIFT TO SEE THEIR FAMILIES. We all want to help and make our communities a better place to live.

Now I'm off my soap box, I was surprized there were no doughnut references. I, for one, love doughnuts, espicially the custard filled long johns!! mmmmmmmmmm!!

stop your ranting and get us some damn donuts already... ;)

joking aside, most people dont realise how a seemingly innocent and harmless situation can turn very ugly, very quick. L.E.O's have to be on their toes at all times, even if it means having to be a little abrupt.

ALAMX37
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Its like this in every walk of life. There are good people and there are sorry people. Some good people have bad days from time to time. That being said me and Johny Law have never quite seen eye to eye. I ran into the cop that tased me a couple weeks ago in Walmart and went up and talked to him. Cool guy, explained why he tased me, gave me his number and told me to call him if I got in trouble. It is all relative to the situation and timing. Sometimes good people just get the shaft man.

03-05-2009, 12:47 PM

dang you, those are my favorite too...now i want one...curse you you donut eating pig...lol

JForestZ34
03-05-2009, 05:28 PM

He doesn't have any authority over me.. He is supposed to uphold the law and that's it.. He is supposed to let me know that I broke the law, that doesn't give him authority over me.. Maybe in a live or death situation yes, but I should have to do what he says just because he says so.. Unless I'm under arrest... But how many times do you see cops using the plea, they always pull there badge out looking to get something for free or even there friends always saying " My buddy is a cop and his name is Yadda Yadda Yadda... They are not any more special than us, the law just backs them up and that's it... IMO

James

stoopidbot
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
He doesn't have any authority over me..

LMFAO, are you kidding me. He doesn't have authority over you? He has the AUTHORITY to turn on his pretty little lights and stop what you are doing. He has the AUTHORITY make you do a field sobriety test. He has plenty of AUTHORITY over you and if you don't follow his authority, he can arrest you.

JForestZ34
03-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
You shouldn't have to kiss their butt, but it usually makes the difference between getting a ticket or not. Just play the game.

Why should I have to play the game because they get on a power trip...

If you walk into a store and try to return something, sure your nice attitude MIGHT get you somewhere.. You can be a prick and still return your item and if your within your return period they HAVE to take it back.. All I'm saying is if they respect me then I'll respect them...

I've seen cops yell at people when they are working a intersection just because the driver didn't start moving when the officer's hand told him to go.. What about when the officer is stopped in the middle of the street just talking with one of his friends, GOD FORBID if you honk or you start yelling at him, next thing you know your on the side of the rode getting a ticket or your car searched...

The whole reason why I'm a little ticked off because of this power trip stuff is, how many times have you seen a patrol car turn his overhead lights on just to go through the red light because he didn't fell like waiting like the rest of us... Or turn them on and go down the shoulder just so he didn't have to sit in traffic. I see this everyday, and these officers are not going to any emergency.. They shouldn't be able to do that.. They should get charged with running a red light. I know I would if I did it...

Back in 2003 I was traveling to work in my truck, I was maybe the 5th car behind the lead car sitting at a red light... The light turns green and we proceed to go, out of no where I t-boned a patrol car as I was going through the intersection.. And guess what I got the ticket for Failure to yield to emergency vehicle.... Yet I had 5 witnesses give statements that he didn't have his emergency lights or siren on.. That's right 5 people said they didn't see or hear anything.. They had the right to tell me with all the music I was listening to I must not have heard him coming.. Funny thing was my truck didn't even have a radio in it at the time so I have no idea how that is even possible..

So I had to go to court and accept a unsafe driving charge... No point's but a fine and court fee's..

And the real pisser is when I was standing there waiting for my truck to be towed I heard him say to all his friend's that he was just on his way to meet a fellow officer at the pizza place down the street...

This guy is lucky he didn't kill someone but yet I was in the wrong....

Sorry for the long post but the morale of this long rant and post is, what really burns my *** is seeing an officer pull up to a light with his lights on go through the red light and pull into a dunkin donuts drive thru to order something... WTF......

James

stoopidbot
03-05-2009, 05:47 PM

If you walk into a store and try to return something, sure your nice attitude MIGHT get you somewhere.. You can be a prick and still return your item and if your within your return period they HAVE to take it back.. All I'm saying is if they respect me then I'll respect them...

Do you read what you type? What the hell does trying to return an item to the store within the return period have to do with anything.

rappin_ernie
03-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Post the video!

JForestZ34
03-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Do you read what you type? What the hell does trying to return an item to the store within the return period have to do with anything.

I'm trying to give an example of how people in any other kind of job that when your not as nice as usual they still do what needs to be done..

If you try to return something they will take it back even if your pissed. Even if you run your mouth at them...

Now if you do that with a police officer you risk getting tickets.. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of guys or gals out there doing a great job, but IMO anyone that has become a cop in the last 10 years is on that power trip... People with some senority don't act that way..

I don't know if it's still confusing but try this one then. You can be mean to 5 different people varying in occupation, it doesn't matter to me which but you can pick any. Now treat them like crap, and then treat a cop the same way you treated those five people.. I can tell you that you will have alot harder time with the cop than any of the five....

James

JForestZ34
03-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Here's a vid for you all.. Don't know if the cop has his over heads on or not but no siren.. Run's a red light and t-bone's another car.. They said he's found not guilty... I don;t know all the facts but it's a vid no-less...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQKcRGqRGM

Sorry just watched the whole thing and one guy said that he wasn't required to run his siren through a red light... WTF kind of crap is that..

When I went through my accident I had a lawyer and everything and he looked up the law in NJ, and he said the law states that an emergency vehicle still has to travel the legal speed limit for that road or highway.. When they come to an intersection they must come to a complete stop until the intersection is clear and then they can proceed... I tried to fight mine till the end but no go..

But this is some BS is this video...

James

hale23
03-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I drank with one of our Downtown's before I was of legal age. Long story short, my husband had to be his DD because he forgot where he parked while leaning on his own vehicle...

godzilla
03-06-2009, 07:24 AM
He doesn't have any authority over me.. He is supposed to uphold the law and that's it.. He is supposed to let me know that I broke the law, that doesn't give him authority over me.. Maybe in a live or death situation yes, but I should have to do what he says just because he says so.. Unless I'm under arrest... But how many times do you see cops using the plea, they always pull there badge out looking to get something for free or even there friends always saying " My buddy is a cop and his name is Yadda Yadda Yadda... They are not any more special than us, the law just backs them up and that's it... IMO

James

...and there lies the problem. You talk about respect, but you obviously have none for LEO's. Keep up that attitude and you will most probably be the "victim" your whole life.

Just like every family has a black sheep, I am sure every police detachment has theirs.

Bryson#221
03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
You sould have dragged the sack across their door handles of the cruiser haha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

03-06-2009, 05:00 PM

glad you mentioned the age difference and i guarentee that has everything to do with his attitude guessing its a guy cop , he had more authority and power overyou so im guessing testosteron {or however u spell it} kicked in and he felt that he was better thn u, if u get hat im saying,

bens250ex
03-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by mxcowboy
glad you mentioned the age difference and i guarentee that has everything to do with his attitude guessing its a guy cop , he had more authority and power overyou so im guessing testosteron {or however u spell it} kicked in and he felt that he was better thn u, if u get hat im saying,

yea this is what i figured lead to his ahole attitude.

Chit
03-07-2009, 01:00 AM
yea this is what i figured lead to his ahole attitude.

Or you did something wrong.

You know they both have the same results right?