PDA

View Full Version : smokeybear commercial

RaceinCircles
03-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Has anyone else seen that commercial with smokey the bear that turns into a bicycle rider saying that 2 guys on ATV's shouldn't start them because "They give off sparks and could start a forest fire".

It ends with them pushing them away...

Pipeless416
03-03-2009, 05:02 PM
yep, old news. its on the radio all the time now.

sprayedgt
03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
And so does the driver that throws his cigarette out the window, or the camper that does cover his fire, or a million other people doing things in the woods. I'm sick of all these mother nature loving "tree-tards" that think every single bad thing that happens in this world are due to off road vehicles. Well all better start driving the crap out of our ATV's and dirt bikes because in a few years it's probably going to be illegal.

RaceinCircles
03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
hmm...It just started playing here in Iowa, where we have forest fires all the time

RATPACK Z400
03-03-2009, 05:31 PM
All my years riding never seen sparks come out exshaust pipe they,ve had spark arrester for years thats just another myth about quads/bikes, there always trying to get people to hate offroading and making up thing to discredit it.

sprayedgt
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
The people that have the sparks/flames coming out are the ones that take their arrestors out. I have personally seen it before on a few built Raptors and 450r's out on the trails. It's possible on all bikes without an arrestor. Looks cool but when it happens but I'd hate to be the one that starts a 5000 acre fire because "taking the arrestor out gives me more power" excuse:rolleyes: Try explaining that one to the DNR cop when he's writing you a ticket.

racerdan24
03-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Smokey Bear takes it in the brown....stupid tree huggers need to live in the now and not what it was like without arrestors...please....they must be smoking tree sap....

ngates788
03-03-2009, 09:38 PM
^^^ I don't think its tree sap their smoking lol

400exracer511
03-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by RaceinCircles
hmm...It just started playing here in Iowa, where we have forest fires all the time

Are you joking?

Forest fires in Iowa is like school in summertime.

...corn fires maybe