View Full Version : transponders for 2009

mxkids
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.atvmotocross.com/pages/amateur-racers/transponder-information

Transponder Information
updated 3/3/2009

METHODS OF PAYMENT

CASH (of course!)
Credit cards (Visa and MasterCard only) are accepted with a $10 transaction fee.

RENTAL (required for ATVA Rounds 1 and 2)

FEE: $25 plus $125 refundable deposit required.

RENTAL INCLUDES: One (1) mounting bracket that must be returned with the rental. If bracket is not returned with the transponder or is damaged the racer will only receive $120 of the deposit back.

RENTAL CHARGE: The rented transponder will have enough charge to last the entire race weekend in which you rented it from, however, because it is a rechargeable transponder it will not hold the charge to the next race.

PURCHASE (not for sale until April 18, see below)

PRICE: When available for purchase at Round 3, the transponder will be $150 and includes one (1) mounting bracket, charger for home and car. Additional brackets available for $6 each.

IMPORTANT: Unfortunately due to the changes needed by the FCC to allow these new transponders to enter the United States they were delayed too long in order to be packaged and shipped in time. For this reason, eScore cannot have transponders available for sale any sooner than Round 3 to be sure there are enough for all events and riders to that point. There is a slight chance they could be available for Round 2 but they will not know until they get closer to that time.

CREDIT TOWARDS PURCHASE?: Unfortunately due to the incredible investment incurred by both eScore and Trackside Software to continue making it possible for motocross nationwide to continue having transponder scoring, a credit towards the purchase price of a Transponder will not be possible.

TRANSPONDER DETAILS

Mounting of the new transponder.MOUNTING (see photo): Instructions to mount the transponder on your ATV will be available at eScore when you arrive to the track.

FULLY CHARGED: The transponder will have a green light that will flash to show it has a good charge.

WEAK BATTERY: In the event that the light went red (showing a weak battery) eScore will swap for a fresh transponder although we anticipate this being a very rare occurrence.

NEW FEATURES

This transponder is much stronger than last year's model due to the larger stronger rechargeable battery. The transponder will read much stronger which will help prevent transponders from missing their trip for any reason. The new transponder has a 3-year manufacturer's warranty and is expected to last for 8-10 years. Due to the initial investment that both eScore and Trackside Software has had to make into the purchase of these new transponders for motocross nationwide, we anticipate these transponders will not need replaced for many years to come.

For questions about the transponders email drew@escoremx.com

THARNESS
03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Rent for two rounds then purchase at the 3rd without a credit.... That just dosen't sound right to me. It's not the racers fault that escore isn't ready for the season.

These are the transponders similar to what the WPSA used, they mount to the quad. You have to purchase or rent multiple ones if your kid races multiple quads or switch it back and forth in between motos. They are a pain compared to the ones we used last year.

I think at the very least we should get a credit for the rental money if we choose to buy one when escore gets enough.

Better bring lots of cash. If you put it on your debit or credit card they are gonna pop us for an extra 10 bucks.

Mabye I'm just having a bad day, but this really makes me mad.

mxkids
03-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I talked with Escore, he said no credit will be given. I asked about having more than one quad, he said you can buy a extra bracket to put on the other quad for $6.00.

I just hope they are there on Thursday evening so that the ones there can go ahead and get theirs. I know that is wishful thinking. LOL

Logan #34's Dad
03-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Ya know Tom is right. So we are gonna spend $50.00 for the first two races THEN pay $150.00 for the remainer of the races. SO, if we plan on missing maybe two races later in the season and because those two races will not be the first two - It will cost me an extra $50.00. Way to support the ones who support you! A credit should be offered. Take each $25.00 off the total cost if we purchase one. Would they be $200.00 if we could have purchased them at round #1?
Brandon or Sonia, do you know if there is a rule on where the thing need to be mounted on the quad? (Mine will be on the front bumper LOL)

mini racer #39
03-03-2009, 09:03 PM
OK ROCKY!!! But Erik's will be mounted on your mini bumper in front of Logans!!! Sounds good to me!! LMAO This is just another way to take MORE money!!! I agree they should give a credit. Hey Maybe we can just send Rocky and Popeye up to have a little talk with the escore people at Pell City!!!!
Bobbie

mini racer #39
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
this is where they want it posted

Logan #34's Dad
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Now that's funny Bobbie. I'll stand behind Popeye though (heck he even will have a tobacco product in his mouth). LOL

Speaking of money - I emailed the ATVA folks and asked why it is so damn much to get in the door for my 14yo girl. And why could they not do something like a family pass at a lesser cost than if we were to pay at the gate. The answer was pretty much - we can't trust the people to comply with who is in the family. I don't see why we could not submit the names and ages of our families and they give us a AMA printed pass with those names on it. So, If I pre-pay for two adults and three kids (9,10,15yo) and I've got three adults with me obviously someone will have to pay.
I may start another thread about this for opinions then I'll remove this part of this one. (THREAD JUMPER)

mini racer #39
03-03-2009, 10:04 PM
NOW thats funny, Jerry just went to read this and was just reaching for a Cigar.....lol. Oh you have 15yr. old daughter huh...We have a 15 yr. old son:eek2: LOL...See you in a couple weeks. Can't wait to start racing and get outside. Everyone here has cabin (RACE) fever!

DoubleDad
03-04-2009, 07:20 AM
RENTAL CHARGE: The rented transponder will have enough charge to last the entire race weekend in which you rented it from, however, because it is a rechargeable transponder it will not hold the charge to the next race.

Does this mean we have to turn them in after Round 1, then have them reissued again at Round 2? Sounds like a recipe for major scoring confusion.

mini racer #39
03-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Yes it will cost you $150.00 when you rent them on Friday and then you will get $125.00 back on Sunday when you turn it back in. They are NOT giving out the chargers with them the first 2 or 3 rounds, You'll only get a charger if you purchase it. When they become available for purchase. The scoring wont be a problem. When you go to sign up you have to have a transponder first before you go and sign up for the race. Every transponder has a number on it and that number you'll write on your sign up sheet. That way they can keep track. Hope this answers your question.

redonkulousruntsracing
03-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry I have to be the one to ask a dumb question. I am planning on running 1 maybe 2 ATVA National races. The one at Unadilla and maybe Steel City. This will be our first time to race a National event. I want my kid to get the chance to run with the best in the nation to see how he does. I think he's ready, but there is only one way to find out. Unadilla is like a "home " track to him, we are only 45 minutes away, and he did well at the district races there.

I am trying figure out how much this scoring thing is going to cost me for one weekend. Someone got an answer?

mini racer #39
03-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Plan on a rental fee of $150. on Friday but you will get $125.00 back on Sunday when you turn the transponder back in. So $25.00 rental fee per weekend. Good Luck. The Nationals are fun but addicting....lol:D

redonkulousruntsracing
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Ok thanks. Good to know. I have just about every penny alotted for this race season. My sons motivation is " Come on buddy, Daddy needs a new pair of shoes". lol:blah:

STOCKRACING917
03-04-2009, 07:39 PM
What will they think of next??? Maybe..just maybe we can get some lap times at Pell City this year. Remember the fiasco last year? Does escore hibernate during the winter?LOL.

Arctic Cat Dad
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
This sounds like a big rip off to me. We run them in the GNCC'S. They cost $60 to rent for the whole year. Then you return them. Or you can rent them for $10 per race with a $50 deposit. I don't see why there so much. But I will say 1 thing I like them. You can't be mised a lap. When your 10 ft from the checkpoint you can here it beep.

mini racer #39
03-04-2009, 08:35 PM
FRIDAY
Sign-Up 8a - 6p
Amateur Practice (Optional and weather permitting) *No Pro Riders 10a - 3p
Amateur Tech Inspection 4 - 6p
Pro Pit Parking (Teams without amateur supported riders) 5p

Well I just want to know how many people are going to miss practice because their stuck in the sign up line for 4 hours like we were last year.:huh

skyeryder
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I wasn't there but from what I understand the numbers were down at Florida GNCC(ECONOMY), you would think they would try to help us out alittle instead of asking for more... it's starting to look like we'll be running district races.

DoubleDad
03-05-2009, 06:14 AM
CREDIT TOWARDS PURCHASE?: Unfortunately due to the incredible investment incurred by both eScore and Trackside Software to continue making it possible for motocross nationwide to continue having transponder scoring, a credit towards the purchase price of a Transponder will not be possible.

Incredible Investment? Preaching to the choir aren't they?

riding4fun
03-05-2009, 08:04 AM
That's just insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bracey
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
maybe the should have priced them at 200.00 with a 50.00 discount for the rent of them for the first 2 rounds.......... same thing just would of sounded better

DAVEYSDAD
03-06-2009, 06:20 AM
AND WHY WOULD ANYONE EXPECT ANYTHING MORE .

2009 RACE SEASON , NUMBERS WILL BE DOWN BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY , SO LETS MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE BUY BEATING THE ONES WHO GO TO THE RACES OVER THE HEAD .

NOW THAT IS JUST GIVING ME A WARM HAPPY FEELING , ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT FEELING .

JUST MY THOUGHTS , SORRY IF IT HURTS .

wileeviper
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
They will know who has their precious transponders by everyone's race numbers, so why must you fork over so much money as a deposit? Include a small fee along with the entry fee and call it good. OR MAYBE the national racers are an untrustworthly bunch :devil:

Ryko racing
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
HOPEFULLY SINCE WE ALL TOOK OFF AN EXTRA DAYS WORK TO COME DOWN FOR FRIDAY PRACTICE WE WONT HAVE TO SIT IN LINE FOR THEWHOLE DAY BEFORE THE KIDS CAN RIDE. LAST YEAR WAS ABSOLUTLEY TERRIBLE. WE PAID FOR 3 PRACTICES AND GOT 1.

Logan #34's Dad
03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
This response is from the ATVA about the transponders:
Rocky,

We completely understand the feedback and want you to know the ATVPG genuinely cares about making this series the best series possible. We knew this change would not sit well with many of the riders and believe us it was not an easy decision to make. While the boot transponders used in the past were more convenient for riders, they were not as accurate and their signals not as strong as the new units. These boot transponders were also discontinued by their manufacturer who did so in hopes of replacing them with a more expensive transponder with an asking price of $240. Unfortunately because of this transponder situation beyond the promoters control there was no other American made transponder they could turn to which is why eScore and team had to seek an alternative in another country. The company that eScore must purchase these transponders from has been working diligently since the middle of last year to keep our riders from having to purchase a $240 transponder. Unfortunately, as a result, the importing process lead to delays which has forced us to face the situation that we are now in. GNCC transponders are not as accurate at higher speeds which is why they are not marketed for motocross.

Transponder scoring has eliminated most scoring errors and helped to provide moto results faster than we could ever do manually. It also allows for live timing and scoring, which is not possible at all with manual scoring. This is the level of professionalism that our national series needs and deserves. The promoters also have their own set of costs to make this possible and we have not raised the gate or entry fees since this introduction. We understand the inconvenience of moving the transponder from one machine to another in some cases, however, the process can be simplified by purchasing an extra mounting bracket for $6. We hope you will agree after using the product that it's worth the cost we are all sharing to have such a fast, accurate and reliable scoring system and something we hope to be using for many years to come since this transponder has an 8-10 year life expectancy.

I know this is not what anyone wants to hear, and trust me, it’s not something I am excited to explain, but be that as it may, this is how it must be. During the busy times during registration at both Alabama and Kentucky, eScore will have three people to rent the transponders in anticipation for long lines. We hope people will eventually realize we are doing what we can to keep the series moving in the right direction, but some things are just beyond our control in order to do so.

I have received several other emails about this same situation and plan to address these emails as well. If you have any other feedback or questions, please let me know. Hope to see you at the races!

_________

Stephani McIntyre | Series Administrator

122 Vista Del Rio Drive | Morgantown, WV 26508

e: stephani@mxsports.com

o: (304) 284-0101

f: (304) 284-0081

www.atvmotocross.com | www.mxsports.com

mini racer #39
03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Rocky you sure are on top of everything!!! :macho Keep those people in line!!! Hey by the way did you ever find your hat???

Logan #34's Dad
03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I got a response about the race order too. I'll just forward it to you via e-mail.
AND NO, I never found my hat. I did just about jump on some dude who was wearing one that looked the same. As I got right up to him I noticed it was different. I mighta got whipped for that one. LOL

mini racer #39
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
You know what your always good for a laugh. Just got your email. Looks like you have things taken care of so the rest of us can just sit back and relax.....LOL

Ryko racing
03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
just a thought, maybe they could open the gates earlier on thursday and have a small staff for sign up for thepeople that get there early and it would cut down on the lines in the am.

i know that the line at the gate will be 2 hours long at 5 pm. maybe they could have a few workers during the day thursday and let people in. I know that lorettas draws more riders and we had no lines to enter... just a thought.