PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results 09 x MX

DGS
03-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Well i finally had a chance to get her on the dyno and here are the results:

45.5hp with 29nm of torque. Its a bit lower than i expected but the bike has never run before so still a bit tight and also we had the HP up to around 47-48hp but we had to run her rather lean which would be o.k. for MX but since i am doing both, we decided to richen her up a bit for the longer endurance events. This is also with a stock cam setup and no flow work on the head. The motor has high comp piston, bigger throttle body, bigger injector, bigger intake, Motorworks SR4 Pipe, Velocity air filter and PC3. I will also post the first run we did which read 35.8hp..!! So by spending time on the dyno we gained 10hp which is huge...

The best part of the power we got was how smooth the delivery is, if you see by the curve it builds non-stop right up the rev range, no dips so she will pull very well through all the gears...

DGS
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Before dyno run...!!!!!

Special thanks to Andrew and Nathan at Adrenalin ATV for helping me with the setup...!!

Justwin
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Hey Shaun

That's pretty much as I would expect - if not slightly better! Don't forget that all dynos are different and that is a DIN corrected figure so it's not so bad. I take it that was with the quietest core?

andiboy123
03-03-2009, 03:21 PM
nice dgs nice run but i thougt ds bring 39 hp stock now i see they dont hehehe

DGS
03-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Justwin
Hey Shaun

That's pretty much as I would expect - if not slightly better! Don't forget that all dynos are different and that is a DIN corrected figure so it's not so bad. I take it that was with the quietest core?

Hey Justin,
Yip its pretty close to what we expected hey..!! And i will do some R&D now with the other head but at least i have a bike to ride while we do some tests...

Its with the open exhaust, we lost 1hp with the tip in which is still good, so now i got 2 maps done, 1 for open and 1 for the Q-tip..!!

I am happy and the bike is super smooth which is really cool...

Justwin
03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Cool, I've just built the bottom end for the stroker so we just need to check the clearances, set up the top end and hopefully we'll get some decent numbers...

andiboy123
03-03-2009, 03:45 PM
did you got to do the cam mod?

DGS
03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by andiboy123
did you got to do the cam mod?

Nope not yet, thats the next 1 on the cards...

TNT
03-03-2009, 06:09 PM
DGS did you have a load on the run?