PDA

View Full Version : plastics and fiberglass

bazmaster03
03-03-2009, 07:08 AM
hey did anybody ever do this ..... like make a platic hood scoop out of fiberglass for a quad ...just curious if i could do like a hidden headlight air scoop on the plastic

bazmaster03
03-04-2009, 08:48 AM
did anybody do fiberglas on a quad before?????? pease answer ...would it be strong enough

Homerx
03-04-2009, 09:04 AM
You could make a fiberglass scoop and it would be strong enough. However you cannot get fiberglass to adhear to the plastic so you would have to afix via other methods. GL

bazmaster03
03-04-2009, 09:17 AM
ok thnx man thats what i wanted to know iguess id have to bolt it on or something if id be to do it ...i f i do it ill post up some pics

03-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Fiberglass does stick to plastic.. You have sand the area your wanting to put the resin on. I fiberglassed my door panels in my truck and dash bezel and they're plastic. Alot of people do it with no probs. You'd just have to paint it and paint dont hold up on quads too well.

Homerx
03-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SuicideMFNdoors
Fiberglass does stick to plastic.. You have sand the area your wanting to put the resin on. I fiberglassed my door panels in my truck and dash bezel and they're plastic. Alot of people do it with no probs. You'd just have to paint it and paint dont hold up on quads too well.

Hard plastics like in a dash etc yes. but you will have a very tough time getting resin to stick to the polyethelyene that quads plastics are made from. Its a known fact that almost nothing sticks to them. GL

03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
^ either way.. i dont think its worth the time and labor... Fiberglass is a messy process.

xDeeVy465x
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
i've used fiberglass on rear plastics, it is still holding. works fine, just take time