PDA

View Full Version : ATC 2K Helmet camera!

Backstabber
03-03-2009, 06:17 AM
I just bought the ACT 2k on ebay for $78 shipped which is a really good price for this helmet camera. I hear people complaining about the quality of the video. I've seen videos on youtube where some were really good and some not so much. I researched further and found that you can get better quality video with a faster SD memory card. The article I read said buying a 60X speed SD card would enhance the video. I bought a 80X speed card on amazon for good measure. I'm interested to see the outcome. I needed the 2GB card anyways so I thought why not get the faster one. Does anyone have this camera or know anything about this? If so, then post here and tell me what you know! Thanks!:devil:

scuzz
03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah after I get an EHS lid, that will be the next thing I buy...

ThreeDollaBills
03-03-2009, 08:42 AM
How long will it take before that sd card is full? How much vid will fit on it.

scuzz
03-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Here's one that was mounted on a guys helmet.

Notice that bouncing? It's because his helmet doesn't fit him right.

http://www.vimeo.com/3063743

Backstabber
03-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ThreeDollaBills
How long will it take before that sd card is full? How much vid will fit on it.
They say it will record 60 min. on the highest resolution and 30 frames per minute.:devil:

Backstabber
03-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Here's one that was mounted on a guys helmet.

Notice that bouncing? It's because his helmet doesn't fit him right.

http://www.vimeo.com/3063743
I should have the card by end of this week or sometime next week. As soon as I have everything I'll do some recording. My helmet fits and I'll secure the camera the best I can. The memory card I got will record data faster than most of the vids these people are posting. We'll see if it has an effect on the quality. I also have a friend who's parents own a farm. My friend has a radar gun and we'll test the 700xx to find the top speed and put that question to rest!:devil:

Anvil
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I have a atc 2k and its better than nothing but only as good as the recordings off my digital still camera when its on movie mode. The most important thing is to have a solid mount when recording as the video is shakky.