PDA

View Full Version : wisdom teeth

buck440
03-02-2009, 11:24 PM
my right one came in fine but my leftt one is kinda out but half of it still has skin on it and it is bleeding and hurts retardedly bad and i was wondering what is the process of getting them taken out? do they give you a shot and pull the mofo out? give you some n2o and just cut the skin? just would like to be informed incase it is needed.

hypersnyper6947
03-03-2009, 02:51 AM
If you have health insurance just get them pulled out. All four of mine were impacted and the doc i went to had them out in 20min. My mouth was swollen and i looked like quagmire for a couple days, i lived on apple sauce and jello. It really isnt that bad though they give you some good drugs. They put you asleep for the procedure intravenously. Its not that bad just get it done, the older you get it done the harder it is on you.

Kickstarts-suck
03-03-2009, 02:59 AM
I just now got one of mine in :huh

Sucks, I really don't want to get it pulled :(

buck440
03-03-2009, 08:54 AM
im 19 and i only have my bottom ones, is it only on the bottom? and yah i know they give you good drugs:blah: and i have no kind of insurance what so ever....i miss my medical card:( ........... and kickstarts suck you might know this but if they come in fine your in the clear.

ThreeDollaBills
03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I got lucky. Mine came in early, and I don't even recall them coming in. They didn't hurt at all. At least I don't remember.

Sjorge450R
03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
i have had to get mine out for about 6 months now, but being away at school makes it hard to do that..... Sucks too cause they are a *****.

buck440
03-03-2009, 10:08 AM
i just looked in the mirror and since the skin is covering half the tooth its starting to rip the skin :scary:. maby a razor blade can fix it if i sterilize it first cause it should work, right? got no insurance and somthing will be done, but thanks for the info peeps.

JRP
03-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by buck440
i just looked in the mirror and since the skin is covering half the tooth its starting to rip the skin :scary:. maby a razor blade can fix it if i sterilize it first cause it should work, right? got no insurance and somthing will be done, but thanks for the info peeps.

dosent sound to smart bro, jsut my opinion.....

I have to get mine out soon. Only my bottoms have came in so far, and they hurt everyonce in awhile for a few days, its like an annoying hurt lol. Ima get all 4 taken out here probably in a few weeks, not really lookin forward to being down and out for a few days but i gotta get em done sooner or later lol

Scro
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM

Please don't do that...that's disgusting. One of mine started hurting, so I had all four taken out. No problems at all.

TRXman86
03-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Get them cut out! I was 26 when I got mine cut out in the Army. I could only get 3 cut out though cause one of the top ones has grown into my nasal canall. I get dam sinus infections so bad from it it SUCKS!!! But if they were to cut it out, anything I drink would blow out my nose... The 2 bottom ones were starting to grow into my jaw bone. One was so bad, they had to cut it off AT the bone. I was down for a week after that... BUT my mouth never quits thanking me for getting rid of the pain. Besides the dam sinus infections, I WILL TAKE IT!!!!

GO GET THEM REMOVED!!!!

buck440
03-03-2009, 12:19 PM
after hearing all of your problems i feel pretty lucky mine came in straight:p

pro-rider46
03-03-2009, 01:58 PM
i got mine taking out in july. all four, and all four were impacted. that cut them out, and broke most of the teeth getting them out.

and the drugs they give you are awesome haha. when i woke up still high on the meds,i demanded my teeth back. i actually got one back that wasnt broken.

exrider12
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Even if they come in clear you should still have them out. My moms a dentist and she said usually there isnt enough room to in your mouth for them or theyre hard to brush so theyll end up with cavities and just rot.

Im having mine done soon. They all came in fine but i dont want the risk of something going wrong with them in there. Plus iv never had a cavity:macho

fisheye
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
had all 4 of mine yanked out when i was in the army. they just gave me some numbing shots in my gums and yanked them out. 3 came out easy, one broke, but they got it out ok. bled like crazy the rest of the day, and eating felt weird till my teeth set again(about 3 months).

buck440
03-03-2009, 02:29 PM
does it leave a hole when they take them out?

hypersnyper6947
03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
does it leave a hole when they take them out?

Yup, you have to brush that hole too with a soft baby tooth brush, then it bleeds. Brushing the hole helps it heal good and not get infected. They stitch it up though so its not like a gaping hole down to the bone or anything. You cant drink out of a straw for a while or smoke cigarettes. If you do anyways you can get dry socket, which is really really painful. I think i got dry socket in one of mine and if something cold hits it, it feels like someone hooked a car battery up to your face, its a very quick shocking pain.

buck440
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
brushing the hole:D ...........so they sew it up or not, you kinda said both.

hypersnyper6947
03-03-2009, 06:20 PM
They sew it up so there is a pit there not like a hole.

03-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I still have all of mine. They hurt coming in a bit but my dentist told me they shouldnt crowd my other teeth. Isnt it weird how the body developes teeth at a certain time and they are usually taken out now days? What did they do before dentists and what is the point of the extra teeth?

Kickstarts-suck
03-03-2009, 07:29 PM
........... and kickstarts suck you might know this but if they come in fine your in the clear.

Yea but my teeth are pretty crowded already and I would think another tooth would make it worse. :ermm:

dpizz450
03-04-2009, 05:10 AM
about 2 secs after they put that IV in my arm, i dont remember a thing. didnt feel anything. dont remember walking out the dr office. i didnt even take any pain meds after either, and i had all 4 of mine pulled and some were impacted. its not as bad as ppl say. cant eat anything hard for a while.

buck440
03-04-2009, 08:54 AM
i guess if it keeps bugging me i'll do it my way and if i twat out i'll just go to the dentist :grr: but thanks for the info

hypersnyper6947
03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
about 2 secs after they put that IV in my arm, i dont remember a thing. didnt feel anything. dont remember walking out the dr office.

Thats for sure

mephyst
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I just got my wisdom teeth yanked about 6 weeks ago. Terrible experience and glad I never have to do that **** again. :) What made it really bad was that I got sick all at the same time and I was just miserable. Demand that they put you to sleep, because they didn't put me to sleep and just numbed me. It was like having a freaking nightmare. You can feel all the pressure of them pushing on your teeth and prying, then they basically just take some regular sized pliers and rip your teeth out the rest of the way. It is not a very smooth or gentle procedure, that's for sure...

I'm sure it would have been a lot better had I not gotten sick and if I was put to sleep for the whole operation!!

jcs003
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
i actually have 4 on the bottom and four on the top. i currently have a ninth one coming in on the bottom left. this one is starting to cause issues. fcking hurts. my dentist said the others are fine just keep them clean so they don't get cavaties.