PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Network Adapter

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
12-26-2002, 08:06 AM
I got the Adapter for christmas but it seems that I dont have enough wires to hook it up with. I have a cable connection. I have the cable running from my computer to my modem but dont have a cord to run to my Playstation.. Can you guys help me out?

MOFO
12-26-2002, 08:18 AM
Unplug your computer cable and put in the the network connection for the Network Adaptor then run the setup disc.

knighttime
12-26-2002, 08:19 AM
i think u need to take the wire from the cable box and put it into another box u will have to buy. This new box will have multiple outlets so u can run a cat5 wire to your computer and ps2. I need to do the same thing, I'm tryin to figure out a wireless setup. :eek:

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
12-26-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Unplug your computer cable and put in the the network connection for the Network Adaptor then run the setup disc.

Your saying just completely take off the internet cable to my computer and plug it into my playstation? and then run set up but what if I already ran setup?

MOFO
12-26-2002, 08:40 AM
yep...I have not setup a LAN connection yet, but thats what it will need (hardware). Like knighttime said, if you want to keep your computer & playstation 2 online at the same time, you will need a router & a couple patch cables.

I know the dial up setup is very easy and I could only imagine the broadband setup should be easier. I'll be using cable in a couple weeks after I move...

Eric

RancherNC350
12-26-2002, 08:52 AM
my PS2 is on the other end of the room and the cable would not reach. could i buy a cable to run from it to the computer?

knighttime
12-26-2002, 08:58 AM
:D , they are a little expensive though.

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
12-26-2002, 10:55 AM
ok I registered my adapter with the disk, saved it on my memory card. I started ATV and it wont let me do it!