PDA

View Full Version : Helm Enterprise Bushings for ARS-FX Honda 450R A arms

414tinner
03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Helm Enterprise, the makers of poly-urethane a arm bushings has finaly made bushings for the ARS-FX Honda 450R a arms. I dont know if everyone remembers back in the 250R days when we all ran stock a arms, but Helm made bushings that lasted for over a year of XC racing. They are only $100.00 for a set of bushings. You can see the red bushings in the picture.

Their phone # is 717-334-4647.

Scro
03-03-2009, 07:03 AM
:macho Man this is good news!

Sjorge450R
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
hmmmm. I thought the stock ones lasted forever???

I am too cheap to drop the money on a pivot works kit for the stock arms so i just never get around to changing them out even though I know they need to be done.

Scro
03-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
hmmmm. I thought the stock ones lasted forever???

I am too cheap to drop the money on a pivot works kit for the stock arms so i just never get around to changing them out even though I know they need to be done.

The stock bushings for stock arms last forever. The ARS-FX bushings are junk, and will get a little play after a couple races.

jlm996s
03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Are you using Fox shocks with the ARS/FX arms? Did you have to modify the arms?

414tinner
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I did have to dent the bottom a arm where the bottom of the fox shocks rubbed the a arm. You just mark where the shock rubs and use a ball peen hammer and 2lb sledge to dent the a arm. I laid the ball peen hammer where I wanted to dent the a arm and hit it with the 2 lb sledge. I just kept moving the ball peen hammer around until i had it dented all along the area that the Fox shocks hit the a arm. Have someone hold the a arm on its side and you will have to do the front and back on the inside of the a arm. It doesnt take too long to do it, it just sucks to go beating on a new set of a arms. Then you have to put some Helm pivot bushings in them to make them last. If the a arms didnt work so good it be too much trouble, but it is worth it once it is all done.