PDA

View Full Version : Which Suspension, A-arms etc.

DESDAK4
12-26-2002, 07:15 AM
Well guys and gals the time has come to look into new suspension. I know I want to get Elka shocks so that part is solved. I only trail ride and would like to get into a little racing but do to my location it will be very little and mostly XC and Ice but I would like to be able to do some MX. With that, would you guys say that just going with some +1 A-arms would be the way to go or is trying to get into a long travel set up be worth the extra bones. Finally would you guys say get a new rear shock or just have the stock one rebuilt?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jay
USAF

Pappy
12-26-2002, 07:41 AM
long travel if you can swing the dough. +1 will be fine for the type of riding you do. if you arent willing to pony up the cash....go for +1 housers or burgards and deffinetly get the elka's. the rear rebuild from the quadshop seems to work great from what ive been told. good luck and keep us updated!!!:)

DESDAK4
12-26-2002, 07:49 AM
Money isn't really the problem I just don't like to spend it on things that aren't needed. I am really looking at long travel just because I want it done right the first time. Who if anybody makes a +1 long travel? Long travel would mean getting the Elka quad rate right?

Thanks

Jay
USAF

Pappy
12-26-2002, 07:51 AM
jeff told me mine are +1 and they are houser. i dont think ya need the quadrate...but im not 100% on that. i really dont have a ton of seat time on mine yet....but from what ive felt ....its awesome. i ran +1 on my 400 and it was a world of difference over stock.

call jeff or pm him, he gets all warm inside talking suspension:p

DESDAK4
12-26-2002, 07:56 AM
I'll do that right now.

Thanks for the help.

Jay
USAF

Pappy
12-26-2002, 07:58 AM
cool...dont get ticked if he aint there....i think they are moving into the new building today and tomarrow;)

12-26-2002, 08:00 AM
I'll be riding out to the new building today,,I'll kick Jeffro in da but for ya..deslacs..:D

DESDAK4
12-26-2002, 08:05 AM
Thanks Rico but rush him to much I need good prices and I know all to well how much work it is to switch locations and what not.

Jay
USAF

cdalejef
12-26-2002, 09:59 AM
I'm in and out today! If I don't answer just leave a message and I can call you back.
If you have the money, LT is awesome!!! You can get quad or triple rate Elka long travels.

Pappy
12-26-2002, 10:00 AM
yeah......that elka red counter top takes some time to paint:o

:blah

cdalejef
12-26-2002, 10:14 AM
The counter top is fermica (sp). we have to paint the walls. I'll post some pics soon

Sparks425Ex
12-26-2002, 10:38 AM
Have Kenny Come down and supercharge his Powdercoater. And just shut the doors and blast away.

Go with the +1 Housers. If ya got the money get Lt but if not just stick with the normal travel.

QuadTrix6
12-26-2002, 11:31 AM
yea i agree with the rest of the guys on the housers they make a great a arm

Dave400ex
12-26-2002, 01:42 PM
Yeah the Houser +1's will work great. If you have the money, from all the guys on here and reading from other places, the LT setup is worth every penny. If you have the money go for it. I'm not sure on the difference between the Triple rate and Quad rate besides the extra spring. I'm sure the Quad rates are better though. Ask Jeff about that. Also again if you have the money, a new Rear Shock would be better then the Stock one Rebuilt, but I think you would be ok with the Stock Rebuilt since you won't be racing MX all the time or jumping killer.

Quadracer5
12-26-2002, 07:20 PM
I am in the same situation myself. I would like the Houser +1 A-arms and elka triple rate shocks with piggyback rezzies. Can anyone let me in on how much I'm looking at spending? Thanks in advance. And I assume we can get this setup from the quadshop right? Thanks.

Kyle

Dave400ex
12-26-2002, 07:54 PM
Well I think the Houser's from the Quadshop are around $500, and the Triple Rates like in my Signature from the Quadshop are around $740. That is the standard setup. If your talking LT it is a lot more. Yes the QS will give you a good deal on both.