PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions on Two Brothers Exhaust

Mort
03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
My son is in the US Army and has a TRX450. He asked me to check for opinions about the Two Brothers exhaust system and if he should also install a Two Brothers intake system. Of course then the question also is how should he rejet the carb for the new intake and exhaust. Is it also better to stay with the same company for intake and exhaust systems? Or are there better intakes that will match flow better with the Two Brothers exhaust. We would really appreciate everyone's comments and solutions to these questions. Thank you.

jkulysses
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM
They are junk to be honest. There are systems out that cost the same if not less that are leaps and bounds better. If noise isn't an issue then the best are going to be Dasa, Rage, Curtis Sparks, and Rossier. Seems like i'm missing a couple but those are the best build quality and make the most power out of all the exhausts available. Now if noise is an issue the Venom exhaust comes already spark arrested and is 96db or less and still sounds amazing and makes great numbers. On the dyno it makes a little less than the others but not much at all for what you get. I like the dasa or curtis sparks intake if he plans on keeping his airbox or the fuel customs setup if he is taking the airbox off. Dasa if he is doing mostly sand riding and Curtis Sparks if he's doing mostly trails and dirt type of riding. What kind of riding does he do and what year is his quad? That will make helping you guys out easier. Does he already have the hrc kit or any other mods at all?

Jake

Mort
03-02-2009, 06:10 PM
If the Two Brothers, he is looking at ESR intake and has no mods as yet. He rides sand and trail and is looking for a intake and exhaust system modification. The ATV is an 2007 Honda 450TRX. what is the concensus on the ESR system?

jkulysses
03-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Mort
If the Two Brothers, he is looking at ESR intake and has no mods as yet. He rides sand and trail and is looking for a intake and exhaust system modification. The ATV is an 2007 Honda 450TRX. what is the concensus on the ESR system?

I'm not a fan of the esr intake either. You have to modify it to make it work at it's best and for whatever reason it seems like a lot of guys that use it end up with stuff in their intake tube no matter how clean they keep the filter. The fuel customs is a much better setup by far and it comes with everything you need to run it with or without the airbox. The esr exhaust system isn't bad though but kind of ugly in my opinion. With the 06+ bikes the easiest way to make a huge improvement in power is a good exhaust system, a new camshaft, green wire mod, remove the air box lid and get a k&n or uni type filter and of course rejet it. The hrc jet kit is actually a really good one and you can get it from honda. The curtis sparks jet kit is also awesome. The dynojet jet kits suck.