PDA

View Full Version : My clutch just broke

bwkcobra03
03-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I went riding today and now my clutch will not release. So I checked my clutch adjustment and adjusted it. It still will not release. So i took off the clutch cover and found all of my steel clutch plates shattered. I called my dealer to find out if all my recall parts have arrived. They finally got my flywheel bolts, the swing arm bolt and sleev. they also got all the clutch parts except the clutch cover. They called brp and the cover will not be avalible untill March 5th. This sucks. I just got my ds for christmas and cant get it fixed. Now the dealer has to order all the clutch plates fibers and steels. what a joke. I should have gotten the kfx 450r or a raptor like I was planning on getting. I love the way my ds rides but it is not worth the agravation of not being able to get parts. They can get parts for the kfx in 1 day and 3 months to get brp parts.
Oh yea my front bumper cracked at the welds and was never hit and has no signs of dammage on it.

My wife's ltz400 has tons of hours on it and never had any of these problems.

FOR SALE 2008 DS450X VERY LOW HOURS ADULT RIDDEN.

Blizzard24
03-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Is this Dutchess Rec that is taking a while to get the parts? I have had to order parts for the DS and have had them within a week just like the other brands.

If it is just the cover you are waiting for, have them fix the clutch and whatever parts they have and when the cover comes in then have them replace that.

I have not had any issues with parts coming in yet, although I too am waiting for the clutch parts to complete the Service Bulletin. My flywheel bolts and rear sleeve were in within 2 weeks and they had it completed within a few days.

bwkcobra03
03-03-2009, 06:31 AM
DRV is waiting for BRP to release the clutch cover. I dont want to keep going back and forth to the dealer. They finaly got the fly wheel bolts last week. DRV called brp and brp stated the clutch cover will be released on March 5th. Jeff and Carl at DRV are doing there best trying to get the parts as quickly as possible.

andiboy123
03-03-2009, 07:49 AM
does any body have pics of that rear sleeve mod?

MarcM
03-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Blizzard24
Is this Dutchess Rec that is taking a while to get the parts? I have had to order parts for the DS and have had them within a week just like the other brands.

If it is just the cover you are waiting for, have them fix the clutch and whatever parts they have and when the cover comes in then have them replace that.

I have not had any issues with parts coming in yet, although I too am waiting for the clutch parts to complete the Service Bulletin. My flywheel bolts and rear sleeve were in within 2 weeks and they had it completed within a few days.

Are you talking about Dutchess Rec by Hyde Park/ Poughkeepsie, NY?

I bough my first ATC there in 1984. A Honda ATC 200s. I grew up in Rhinebeck.

WesDS450X
03-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Well what you except you where on the 08 clutch! its gona happen to everyone sooner or later, I'm waitin for mine to break i got 500hours now on my stock 08 clutch ridin on sand like i stole it! but im still waitin for the 09 parts to come in so thats why i havent upgraded mine yet. but either way you knew about this problem dont get your panties up in a bunch and go and sell the bike. Push your dealer to get the parts sooner or just go to a different dealer

DVS_Freestyler
03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
[i] just go to a different dealer [/B]

word

bwkcobra03
03-03-2009, 07:35 PM
It is not the dealers fault the manufacture made defective parts and the updated parts are not avalable yet. I am very happy with my dealer. Jeff and Carl at Dutchess rec. are trying there best to get the parts and get me back riding as soon as possible.

WesDS450X
03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
well quit your *****ing, im not trying to be a dick or anything but damn! its a frist year bike everyone has there problems, my buddy as a 09 yfzr and hes havin hes own issue's with hes bike, every bike has its problems get over it! Just drain your gas tank and wait for the parts to come in! or get a custom made clutch from a good clutch company if money isnt an issue!

Blizzard24
03-04-2009, 04:24 AM
DRV is an excellent dealership, I understand what bwkCobra is saying... you buy a new quad, you dont expect things to happen to them while they are still fairly new, especially clutch plates shattering.

Wes, you need to relax and stop talking to people the way you are... he has a legitimate gripe with his issue and BRP. We all know you have had 500 trouble free hrs, you have told us this about 500 times... maybe you need to try riding harder?!?

TNT
03-04-2009, 05:13 AM
I remember back in 04 when we got our new "race ready" yamaha YFZ450, first so called race quad to hit the market, ya right! We couldn't hold this quad together in the c-class. We had so many electrical issues in the first six months we later replace the stock harness w/a race one and got rid of the battery and relay, the swing arm cracked and many were having the same issues, YAM would not warantee, service bulletin, or recall anything!!......So like fools we purchased a second a year later thinking if we had a practice quad the race quad would be reliable, not! For the past five years we have battle YAM problems, there is nothing stock but the gusseted frame and engine cases left $18,000 later. If all I have to deal w/ is clutch issues and be able to keep this quad stock for the most part I will be so happy! Especially after hearing of all the major problems w/ Honda's, Suk's, Kawi, KTM......from buddies.

In 09 you can practically get one of these quads for the same price as the YFZr, Hon, etc...but much better built not needing arms, axle, swing, stem, bars, gusseted frame, throttle, jetting, plastic, etc....

I'm with Wes theres not much to complain about w/this quad. Anytime you purchase a first year quad you run a risk, why I did not go KTM, YFZr same risk new design....

joeyds450x
03-04-2009, 05:31 AM
i highly doubt anybody has 500 hours on there ds unless you ride every day all day...which any body with a actual job woulnt have close to that much free time to ride that much

WesDS450X
03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Im at the dunes everyweekend when the weather is good and no i dont work but i have money from a seattlement so im sittin good on it for awhile, only cost like 20 bucks a day to ride XD like i said im not trying to be a dick, We all knew about the faulty 08 clutch and you took the risk and it got ya, sorry to hear that maybe im next? im just waitin for the 09 parts to come in xD

And i ride my ds like i stole it and abuse the **** outta the clutch! 2nd gear full throttle launchs with 20x10x10 10 paddle extreme haulers are fun ^^ Tell me thats not hard on the bike cause riding sand compared to dirt is alot harder, bike has to work harder and spins alot more compared to dirt!

DSX's are only goin for 4,000 right now used! 5300 brand new right now so many overstock! they wouldnt even take my modded 08 dsx on partial trade on a 09 dsx xc =[ but **** it im buyin the 2010 dsx ^^

bwkcobra03
03-04-2009, 05:16 PM
I am bringing my ds in tomorrow to get all the recalls done and my clutch fixed. I hope BRP released the clutch cover. I would like to go riding this weekend.

bwkcobra03
03-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I am still waiting for the clutch cover to be released. BRP stated they would be releasing the clutch cover on march 5 2009. They still havent released the cover. Maybe they ment March 5 2010. This doesn't look very good. These parts must be on inter galatic back order. LOL

bwkcobra03
03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Still no clutch cover.

BRP Hurry up and ship my clutch cover.

I am making payments on a broken ds. BRP should start making my payments or making parts faster.

nbm
03-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I called my dealer today and he claims the clutch cover has been shipped and I should get my quad back by the end of the week. we'll see.

Punk'd
03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
My clutch just went out too. Lost all pressure took the cover off and the discs are broken. Anything aftermarket out yet?? Also what is this new cover everyone is talking about??

nbm
03-11-2009, 10:35 PM
The new cover has a hole drilled into one of the oil passages. the hole is pointed at your clutch to keep it lubricated.

Punk'd
03-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by nbm
The new cover has a hole drilled into one of the oil passages. the hole is pointed at your clutch to keep it lubricated.

Thanks bro. Anyone have the P/N?

TNT
03-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Thanks bro. Anyone have the P/N?

You need more than a cover...I just bumped the 2009-9 Service bulletin to the top for you..check out the first post. Has all the part #'s.

Punk'd
03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by TNT1
You need more than a cover...I just bumped the 2009-9 Service bulletin to the top for you..check out the first post. Has all the part #'s.

Awesome. Thanks!

bwkcobra03
03-13-2009, 03:55 PM
My clutch cover finnaly got to my dealer.

BRP you need to start making parts faster.

Thanks DRV for getting my clutch cover.

bwkcobra03
03-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Just got my ds back and i have to say it works great. Thanks to Dutchess rec. They went above and beyond to get my ds back working well for me.

crixal
03-20-2009, 09:06 PM
how much did it cost you?

nbm
03-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by bwkcobra03
Just got my ds back and i have to say it works great. Thanks to Dutchess rec. They went above and beyond to get my ds back working well for me.

wish I could say the same. I took my quad to the dealer back in early december and I'm still waiting. They didn't even look at it until the end of january. At the end of february they had all the parts except the clutch cover. This includes the motor mount and the flywheel bolts. They finally got the cover last week but hadn't done any of the repairs yet. They then had to order a bolt that somehow got lost in shipping. i'm starting to wonder if I will ever see it again.

andiboy123
03-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by bwkcobra03
it still do the chutch noise with the new cover?

bwkcobra03
03-22-2009, 07:13 PM
There is no more clutch noise