PDA

View Full Version : best riding apparel(race vs. freeride)

RIDER11X
12-26-2002, 12:37 AM
what's everyone's opinion of apparel? race style- freeride style-best features, brands, etc. pros/cons

looking to possibly change and buy freeride lbz pants or something similar. are they good for xc riding?:confused:

mysticfalcon
12-26-2002, 11:56 AM
Freeride pants are great for XC they stop your boots from being funnels when your riding in water and mud.

tants
12-26-2002, 01:00 PM
FREESTYLE: any shift squadron pant or jersey. they have a zipper so you can turn em into shorts. and the jersey is 3/4 sleeve for flexibilty. you want anything baggy for freestyle.

RACE: you want somthing tighter. anything besides shift squadron (camo). fox, thor, etc.

FREERIDE: depends what your more comfy in. but somthing more baggy i prefer for freeriding

RIDER11X
12-27-2002, 12:05 AM
bump:)

RIDER11X
12-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
bump:) any input?:huh :huh :huh

12-28-2002, 09:29 PM
Shift, and oneal, I prefer shift now that I got it

MojaveKing
12-28-2002, 09:43 PM
i have system X MSR pants & jereszy and i am thinkin of gettin some new Baggier/freestyle stuff!! and Boots......but we'll see....i will prolly get tha Mojave acc. first then make me look More of a Pimp on it!!:D :D

Ryan
12-28-2002, 10:05 PM
I perfer o neal for anything. I see alot of pro riders use them and they are farley cheep compared to other names like Thor. You can get combo packs or some stuff like that full of all oneal gear (jersey, pants, gloves, boots ) for only $220. correct me if im wrong

Sparky416ex
12-28-2002, 10:37 PM
id say shift or fox

HiperEX
12-29-2002, 12:47 AM
FOX!! or thor is ok to but FOX all the way is for me

12-29-2002, 06:44 AM
I have owned alot of different products Thor,No fear,Smith ,Alpine star ,Oneil,Fox .etc etc ..
still have no real prefence in clothes ..
but i do like the Thor helmets .they are vented well ..
& insides are removable for easy cleaning.

TRX_Thumper
12-29-2002, 06:48 AM
fox jerseys...pants..kidney belts....shift chest protector axis boots....i just dont see how u boys ride with them baggy pants...**** ive wore wrangler cowboy cuts all my life so naturally my riding stuff is tight to lol

HONDAofTROY100
12-29-2002, 10:07 AM
i wear shift freestyle pants when i ride my quad and i wear regular riddin pants w/ my bike... but i like to wear the freestyle pants when it is muddy b/c my boots dont get dirty but i really dont care b/c my boots are a POS and b/c of the way i shift on my bike i wore through the replacement plastica and though the metal part lol but now i got some STEWART REPLICAS!! YAY!... and im takin care of them... ill post some pics of my new riddin gear b/c its really sweet lookin.. its thor and fox boots and a M2R helmet!

Ryan
12-29-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
I have owned alot of different products Thor,No fear,Smith ,Alpine star ,Oneil,Fox .etc etc ..
still have no real prefence in clothes ..
but i do like the Thor helmets .they are vented well ..
& insides are removable for easy cleaning.

I know what you mean with the helmets. I like O neal gear like I said but I would never by a Helmet from them. HJC is a really comfortable and good helmet, pricy but worth it.

tants
12-29-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by R8
I perfer o neal for anything. I see alot of pro riders use them and they are farley cheep compared to other names like Thor. You can get combo packs or some stuff like that full of all oneal gear (jersey, pants, gloves, boots ) for only $220. correct me if im wrong

pros. like tim farr. he also gets paid to wear it. i wouldnt buy oneal crap. i had a jersey and it was total crap IMO

Ryan
12-29-2002, 10:57 AM
Thats one thing I don't understand is how a jersey could be crap. Its basicly the same stuff material but I don't really know. If its not O neal then its definitly gonna be THOR! How are O neal boots by the way?

roostin_dale
12-29-2002, 12:37 PM
I have owned Thor, Fox, and Shift

I prefer Shift....they look beter and are more comfortable

Sick0
12-29-2002, 12:50 PM
My girlfriend like the racing pants better. She say is make my butt look cute.:D

RIDER11X
12-29-2002, 04:34 PM
I got a pair of alpinestar tech 8's with moose apparel with the exception of the chest protector by fox and the hjc helmet. moose stuff is nice and comes in xxxl jerseys for us big guys, but looking to try freeride gear with an under jersey protector from 661.:cool:

MojaveKing
12-29-2002, 08:30 PM
what is tha Best Freestyle riding gear?? baggy fit that goes OVER ur Boots........i have some MSR gear for Racin but i want some Good baggy freestyle pants
thanks D-mon

MojaveKing
12-29-2002, 08:32 PM
My girlfriend like the racing pants better. She say is make my butt look cute.
lol my Girlfriend hasnt seen me in my gear but hopefully soon :D :D

400MXer
12-29-2002, 08:37 PM
I love shift gear......i've never worn anything but except for before shift came out with chest protectors, i used a fox one then.

anyhoo...i used to run baggy pants and i like them a lot but i had to tuck one side in because my pipe would burn my pants.....then i switched to the tighter pants and now i love them. I still dig the baggy pants but they don't work well in my case.

I SAY SHIFT ALL THE WAY.......and wear what your comfortable with...for some it's baggy pants, for others, its tight.....for a few....it's none, but hey whatever suits your style.

daniel660
12-29-2002, 09:00 PM
is sinisalo gear any good? i saw it in a couple mags and was wondering about it cause never gheard much about it

MojaveKing
12-30-2002, 10:48 AM
400MXer.......nice way to put it!