PDA

View Full Version : what class trx 90

boomer43
03-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Can the trx 90 run with the cvt. In the itp quad cross they have a new class called 90cc cvt production. I was wondering if i can run my trx 90 in this class.

etondaddy
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
If it will idle in gear you can run the Jr and Sr production. If it has a direct drive trany you have to run the new production class. Now that's at the nats.......local districts may be differant.

Mike Kozura

boomer43
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
so what class dose your kid ride in. it is a stock trx 90 with a 125 kit. were can i get some paper work that is use for the right classes

etondaddy
03-02-2009, 05:01 PM
If you have a stock trany depending on the riders age you will run the production jr or sr. We ran jr last year and was going to run sr......until the Honda Cobra thing hit the fan and the ATVA said auto means auto........ and made a class so all the direct drive Honda's will have somewere to run. So we're in the new class...... this new class is any type of clutch...so we're going to make it a regular clutch.

Do you plan on running the nats....???
http://www.atvmotocross.com/pages/amateur-racers/2009-national-classes

If your running a local district check with them.

Mike Kozura

boomer43
03-02-2009, 05:17 PM
we do not plan on racing any nat. but Iam trying to get the info on what class he will run in the itp serise. so do you think we can run against the cvt. it a auto clutch no lever Iam very confuse about the hole situation. because i know the trx 90 will not run with the kids that have cr80 in there bike

mini racer #39
03-02-2009, 08:05 PM
the cvt class at nats, most every other place that offers a cvt class is a belt drive only class thats for drr, kasea, eton, polaris, kymco, ect. the honda does not run on a belt drive system hope this helps thanks jerry

90cc DAD
03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
The TRX is a chain driven motor. It is not a CVT trans.
In District 6 and most of the other tracks we have raced...
The trx runs with the 90cc modified. 8-15ys old.