View Full Version : Looking For: Xtreme 125 Carb Spring

Shorty700Raptor
03-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Does anyone have one? It's the one that goes right on top of the slide and then you screw the top of the carb on to hold it in. I had one on the way but it never showed up! I called Xtreme and they said they don't sell to the public and told me to call a dealer. So I called Lancaster Sport Cycles, then they called Xtreme. They called me back and said they could only sell me the whole carb which is $100. I was told before that the carb was only $50-$60 for this bike. Before I bought one of these bikes I called Xtreme to make sure I wouldn't run into these kind of problems & they assured me that they would sell me any parts I needed! At that time (around November), they still sold to the public and now they don't...Just my luck! So if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it! I would also like to get a manual for this bike. I've been told to go on their website & print it out but I can't find a link for it! Can anyone tell me where to get it? I would rather buy a manual, than print it out & have a stack of papers stapled together...but I will do what I have to!

Thanks
Shorty

Ride1Rob
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Honestly, ditch the stock carb and get a VM26 Mikuni. Around $85 and it'll be like adding an exhaust on the bike in terms of performance. If not, you can order from these guys.
http://www.carbparts.com/
http://www.sudco.com/

Shorty700Raptor
03-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the info! Can you tell me what size carb is on the Xtreme 125?

Ride1Rob
03-03-2009, 04:05 PM

Shorty700Raptor
03-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I think I have one on the way, but if it doesn't show up I will get ahold of you! I also called Xtreme & left them a message 3 days ago to find out how to download the manual from their website, but no-one has called me back. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Shorty700Raptor
03-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I was considering buying another Xtreme, but it has taken more than 2 weeks to get a carb spring. I hope nothing happens to this bike because I think I am going to go through a lot of hassle to get it fixed. In my area, there is only one place that is a distributor for Xtreme and they have nothing good to say about them. They don't keep any bikes in stock and when you ask about parts, the parts guy seems frustrated. They are also a Yamaha dealer. In my opinion if you are going to sell a bike, you should have a real service manual for it so you don't have to go online and try to find the info. I hope Xtreme changes their ways, however me & my son really like the bike!

Ride1Rob
03-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I've built my sons motor to a full out race motor and not one part was ordered from Xtreme or an Xtreme dealer. The motor is nothing more than a pit bike motor and the parts from GPX, Lifan, Thumpstar, and Pit Pro pit bikes work. I posted 2 websites on carb springs so you didn't have to order from Xtreme. Use your other resources!