PDA

View Full Version : s/o or full exhaust?

Crazy lil punk
03-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey guys,
I sold my mx yfz in december, I had plans to get a 450r to race this season, but I can't seem to find a good deal, so for the begining of the season I will be racing a 400ex. I want to keep the motor stock, but I am going to get a pipe, is it really worth the extra cash for a full pipe on a 400? I already have suspension and all, and I am not looking to drop a ton on the pipe because I will be getting a 450r and building that asap, but I need some advice here. Also, after i get another 450, the 400ex will go back to being a trail/pit quad.
thanks guys!

BigLuke
03-02-2009, 08:57 AM
A full system isnt needed, it actually hurts back-pressure on a stock engine. Just grind the inside welds on the headpipe and get a good slip-on.

Crazy lil punk
03-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by BigLuke
A full system isnt needed, it actually hurts back-pressure on a stock engine. Just grind the inside welds on the headpipe and get a good slip-on.

okay, thanks for the heads-up, I am looking at a complete 440 set up also, motor, carb, pipe, electronics, everything, and I was thinking I might just do a complete swap, then when I am done, I can swap my whole stock set-up back in.

BlasterEaten250
03-02-2009, 09:14 AM
With engine work then the full system would benefit you but on a stock engine you won't really feel the difference from what I understand.