PDA

View Full Version : Transporting a Predator while standing it up

mysocks4
03-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I found out the hard way that Predators don't like standing on their butts for very long. Found a nice big puddle of oil in the bed of my truck once we got out to the desert. Has anybody come up with a solution for oil leaking into the airbox through the vent? I thought of running a length of hose near the steering area with a check valve covered with foam on the end. Anybody try that yet or have any other suggestions?

birdman7389
03-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by mysocks4
I found out the hard way that Predators don't like standing on their butts for very long. Found a nice big puddle of oil in the bed of my truck once we got out to the desert. Has anybody come up with a solution for oil leaking into the airbox through the vent? I thought of running a length of hose near the steering area with a check valve covered with foam on the end. Anybody try that yet or have any other suggestions?

You could always drain the oil first, take it out, and fill it back up when you get there? The Pred will love the fresh oil :D

demon rider
03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Id does say not to transport the bikes standing up for a reason. Take out the oil before you do it.

Bradracer18
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
You don't have to take out the oil! You need to find the crankcase vent hose that leaves the right side of the engine and vents into the airbox.

Either take that hose off of your air box, and relocate it above the engine for transportation....OR....as most of us do anyways(not just for transportation) but buy a little filter(I think uni) and cut the hose to about 8-12 inches and zip tie it to your top engine mount(or somewhere similar).

mysocks4
03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys... I relocated the hose and everything seems to be doing fine.