PDA

View Full Version : works black widow shock???

jkiserracing
03-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this shock. I found one for sale and was just curious. Im not sure if many people run these

bryishre
03-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Anything is better then stock... (If it dont come with olhins or fox shocks)

jkiserracing
03-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Well that is true...however Ive had my rear shock revaleved and dual rated so it really works great imo but I was just curious if that particular shock would be any better

jkiserracing
06-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Im dragging this thread back out from about March of this year..........but...just gonna ask one more time to see if anyone has a response. I cant beleive that no one has these shocks or has anything good (or bad) to comment about them.
Right now I have a great set of revalved stock 450r front shocks with lonestar +2's but looking at a long travel set up. I am looking at a set of lt works black widows with =2 lt herman racing a arms. Any opinions

ccdhowell
06-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I run a Black Widow on the rear of my XC Raptor and I like it. It does a great job. I don't have allot of comparative experience though. I say go for it.

jkiserracing
06-28-2009, 05:41 PM
do you think that they wont hold up as well or will it just not be a smooth working shock. Just curious what the deal is on the works....or in this case the works black widow (which I suppose is there top of the line shock")

motofreak2772
06-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I don't think it is a terrible shock but why buy works when you can get pep fox or axis? 1
cuz maybe he doesnt need that good of a shock for what hes doing. Ive only felt one set of black widows and it was on this kids blaster, the felt really soft and didnt seem to be able to adjust them well. also he blew the shock out(idk exactly what went wrong but I know they got messed) while he was racing on the motocross track. Hes only on a blaster so its not like he was jumping anything huge.
personally I think that stocks revalved and what not would be better and if I was in your situation I would try to get more opinions and info or just redo the stocks. If you can save up for some nicer front shocks like said above^ then I would do that. your suspension is pretty much your greatest investment on the quad and if your spending a lot of money anyways mind as well spend the extra cash for better equipment. Make sure the shock is setup for you so buying new shocks or get used ones worked on is the best idea.

sorry for all that writing haha.

madskrillz2
06-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
cuz maybe he doesnt need that good of a shock for what hes doing. Ive only felt one set of black widows and it was on this kids blaster, the felt really soft and didnt seem to be able to adjust them well. also he blew the shock out(idk exactly what went wrong but I know they got messed) while he was racing on the motocross track. Hes only on a blaster so its not like he was jumping anything huge.
personally I think that stocks revalved and what not would be better and if I was in your situation I would try to get more opinions and info or just redo the stocks. If you can save up for some nicer front shocks like said above^ then I would do that. your suspension is pretty much your greatest investment on the quad and if your spending a lot of money anyways mind as well spend the extra cash for better equipment. Make sure the shock is setup for you so buying new shocks or get used ones worked on is the best idea.

sorry for all that writing haha.

If he didn't need that good of a shock, he wouldn't be looking at black widows. Not saying they're good (they're not) but they are just as expensive if not more than a lot of the top brands.

ALAMX37
06-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Dont get works and herman. Get something big like fox/pep/axis and houser/jb/walsh/laeger

You have any experience to back up this statement. Houser is not on the level of JB and Walsh.

jkiserracing
06-29-2009, 08:14 AM
well I was looking at a used set actually. It sounds like it may be best to wait and look for a better set. I do have a really good set up now its just not the LT like I want. So I have time but being budget minded Im definately not going to be able to buy new. So I suppose I will just keep looking until I find a set like Fox or Axis.
Mainly I just wanted to see any opinions on these shocks....I dont see many of them (which may be a sign) but I thought that maybe they were good shock it was just no one was running them....idk.....anyway sounds like im better off spending a little bit more for much better......

motofreak2772
06-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Houser is not on the level of jb and walsh? Man I have been around quads for a long time and I have friends with houser jb walsh roll design and gibson and none of us have problems. Houser and jb are the same as far as quality goes. If you have both side by side you will see exactly what I mean.
If I had a choice of houser or walsh I would take the walsh...