PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions?

portman1
03-01-2009, 06:14 PM
I just bought a 06 450er and it has a hrc kit in it already. ( Header, cam, harness, jet and needle) Im looing for more power and was thinking of geting DRD full exhaust, Dyno jet kit, K&N Filter. Do u think it would give me more power or should i just get a slip on exhaust, Dyno Jet kit, and K&N Filter. Money not and issue.

HondaRaceReady
03-01-2009, 06:31 PM
If money isnt an issue, get the full exhaust, k&n air filter, and ditch the airbox lid. Rejet after that and get a hotcam stage 2 if you want more top end power.

JJs450r
03-01-2009, 06:35 PM
id just keep the stock filter your really not gonna notice a dif with a stock vs k and n, ya if moneys not an issue id get a full exhaust, do some port work, i didnt really care for the hrc cam in my 05, but i think 06 is different ya and lose the air box lid

atvnut22
03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
well, if moneys not an issue, go for a sparks, rossier, or dasa exhaust for the most power gains

JJs450r
03-01-2009, 06:37 PM
^^^ ya forgot to mention that

jkulysses
03-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by portman1
I just bought a 06 450er and it has a hrc kit in it already. ( Header, cam, harness, jet and needle) Im looing for more power and was thinking of geting DRD full exhaust, Dyno jet kit, K&N Filter. Do u think it would give me more power or should i just get a slip on exhaust, Dyno Jet kit, and K&N Filter. Money not and issue.

The hrc header is actually a very nice headpipe and paired up with a hmf slip on your not going to be making much less power than a full dasa or sparks pipe. It will make a little less on a dyno machine but seat of your pants you'll never notice it and you'll have saved a few hundred bucks to put towards something else. Whatever you do don't the the dynojet jet kit. the one you got is better. You'd make more power by getting a dasa or fuel customs intake and slip on exhaust than you would just getting a full exhaust and you can buy that intake with the money you saved lol.

warr72
03-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Slip-on,port the head, uni-filter,get the carb bored and it will pull like a train with the mods you already have already. ;)