PDA

View Full Version : Linkage question ?

2fms
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone know if there is a long travel linkage for a 03z400 that will work with the stock shock....

footy
03-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Elka has one. I think gt thunder does as well. And maybe PEP.

2fms
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Sweet thanks I couldn't find anything PEP and Elka says you have to use there shock unless i miss read

footy
03-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I think the linkage that I have is from elka. I bought it used so i'm not sure.

2fms
03-03-2009, 04:50 PM
cool did it work with your stock shock can you send a pic I would like to see it....

footy
03-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by 2fms
cool did it work with your stock shock can you send a pic I would like to see it....
Yes it did work with the stock rear shock. This is not a dog bone linkage replacment but the "H" linkage.

footy
03-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Linkage by itself.

2fms
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Dang that looks like some nice machine work...how much more travel did you get...Gt thunder says they have one but I have not had time to call yet

footy
03-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by 2fms
Dang that looks like some nice machine work...how much more travel did you get...Gt thunder says they have one but I have not had time to call yet
I was really looking for a lower rear ride height. Not sure how much it changed but it is lower in the rear. Seems like the linkage was ~ 1 to 1.5 inches longer than stock. As far as the machine work If you are talking about the skid plate I had to do lots of cutting to make this work. I did make that piece for the dogbone linkage. It looks ghetto but it works. Suzuki sells that piece for ~ $30 and it looks great.

Flynbryan19
03-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Footy, the skid plate looks great, but those bolts will get sheered right off when you slide that across a rock.:(

You have to use countersunk screws/bolts if you want them to stay there.

footy
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Footy, the skid plate looks great, but those bolts will get sheered right off when you slide that across a rock.:(

You have to use countersunk screws/bolts if you want them to stay there.

I have countersunk screws in it now. The photo was when I first bolted it up to see if it was gonna work. For the time it took the suzuki one is a deal.

Flynbryan19
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I need to find one that covers the U link legs. Mine took a BEATING at the outlaw race the other weekend. I nailed it 2-3 times before I just started picking my lines more carefully. Unfortunately it keeps you from just hammering through the section, which obviously makes for longer lap times.

footy
03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
I need to find one that covers the U link legs. Mine took a BEATING at the outlaw race the other weekend. I nailed it 2-3 times before I just started picking my lines more carefully. Unfortunately it keeps you from just hammering through the section, which obviously makes for longer lap times.
I think the suzuki one will cover that area. Check their wbesite. I just had to rig what I had to work. I could do a better one than I did with more time & matterials.