PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with a Pc 5

bobbys9350
03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I was wondering what mods you have and what map you are using. I just got my PC 5 hooked up. I am running the stock exhaust with baffle pulled, and a Pro design filter kit with K&N and no lid. I am waiting on a Sparks exhaust but it wont be in until next week. I am running the map from power commanders site for: GYTR full exhaust, GYTR filter kit, and no lid. I am pretty sure this map will pretty much be right on. I was wondering what kind of map you guys are running. Also, it still seems to have a hesitation when you whack it right off idle. Will it be better once I get the exhaust on? If you have any info that would be great, thanks.

jersey devil
03-01-2009, 02:14 PM
First of all if you have the commander mapped for the mods you stated and installed the PC5 and not the exhaust mod then you can't expect it to be tuned properly.
The map is for the changes and it allows the computer to make the changes to richen or lean the a/f ratio of the motor.Obviously it is not tuned properly now with out the pipe?
So that is why the hesitation

bobbys9350
03-01-2009, 07:24 PM
i know that, But I just wouldnt think putting an exhaust on is gonna help the hesitation...

jersey devil
03-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by bobbys9350
i know that, But I just wouldnt think putting an exhaust on is gonna hep the hesitation...

I'am trying too help you here?If the PC is down loaded with a map for a pipe and air box changes and you haven't done the mods the computer still thinks you have the exhaust installed and the air fuel mixture is not the right set up for it now with the stock pipe??????????
Thats the best way to explain it.I hope you understand!

bobbys9350
03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I know that , I am a mechanic..... What I am getting at is I dont think the pipe is gonna help the hesitation right off idle. I was just wondering if you guys had to add or subtract fuel right off idle to help with it......

jersey devil
03-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Listen you siad you installed a PC.So we have established the fact that you obviously have electronic fuel injection!Right?
Okay now on a yfz with a carb when you put a pipe you must rejet for proper air/fuel mixture.Right?
Okay with a PC THAT HAS A MAP DOWNLOADED FOR MODIFICATIONS SUCH AS PIPE,AIR BOX LID REMOVED,AIR FILTER OR WHATEVER WHEN YOU INSTALL THE PC IT CHANGES THE TUNE IN THE COMPUTER OF THE QUAD FOR THE MODIFICATIONS YOU INSTALL PROVIDING THE MAP YOU DOWNLOADED WAS FOR THE MODS YOU MADE.OKAY?
Now I'am not knocking you as a mechanic but you made the claim to fame about being a mechanic so installing a pipe other then the stock pipe on the motor WILL CHANGE THE A/F MIXTURE
WHICH IS EITHER A RICH OR LEAN FACTOR!
So this being the case it is more then likely the reason for the hesitation for the off idle hesitation.
Hopefully I have explained thoroughly and have helped you to understand.
Now whether you believe the pipe will make that difference is up to you but it is a fact.Hope I have been of help.
By the way how long have you been a mechanic and if so how much experience with electronic fuel injection?

bobbys9350
03-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Probably more than you.....

jersey devil
03-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I'am trying to help you and you now have an attitude?
I swear I can't believe how some of you guys act on here.Like little girls.
Damn dude just trying to help you!

jersey devil
03-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by bobbys9350
I know that , I am a mechanic..... What I am getting at is I dont think the pipe is gonna help the hesitation right off idle. I was just wondering if you guys had to add or subtract fuel right off idle to help with it......

Just by that question I know I'am right and you should know also.So apparnently by your last post about your expereince you are embarrassed and acting like a kid.
Well I will remember and so will others your actions when we try to help you.
A real man would of appreciated help not act like you have.
Hope you figure it out and have a good night!

crixal
03-01-2009, 09:08 PM
bobby, i need a mechanic. you think you could do some work for me?

exrider12
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
What jersey devil is trying to say is you have the map for full pipe, airfilter, and lid off. You have the air filter and no lid. You have the stock exhaust with baffle pulled.
That is not going to flow any where near as much as the sparks pipe will. So that bog is your bike running way to rich for your mods. If you get the pipe it will get rid of the bog.

So, get the pipe and your bike overall will run better.

jersey devil
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
What jersey devil is trying to say is you have the map for full pipe, airfilter, and lid off. You have the air filter and no lid. You have the stock exhaust with baffle pulled.
That is not going to flow any where near as much as the sparks pipe will. So that bog is your bike running way to rich for your mods. If you get the pipe it will get rid of the bog.

So, get the pipe and your bike overall will run better.

Thanks for helping out so he may understand now!

exrider12
03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
No problem dude. just trying to help out:)

bobbys9350
03-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Guys I understand completely....... I dont think you understand my question.... I know the bike has to be at the proper air/fuel. If they are adding ) percent fuel at idle and 2 percent just off idle. I dont think its enough to worry about. This is the only area you would look at while trying to get rid of a hesitation when you give it gas at an idle.....